Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Tell me about New Zealand... might be moving there

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by daddylama, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

People always complain about Asian drivers..... but getting a family of 4 from A to B on a scooter takes real skills :D

2. Don't talk politics guys, it'll kill a good thread.

Sorry to post this up, but Aucland seems a little bit scary after seeing this projected outcome of a volcano.

Saw this on Stuff.co yesterday. Watch through to the end. Probably never happen, but interesting just the same.

3. Rckt98

Rckt98

Haha. I guess the mainlanders would think that would be a good result.

4. Some would, but then this Island would get over populated, lol. Everyone would move down here, just like lots of Christchurch folks run off up your way after the earthquakes. :D

After the devastation in California, I think we are pretty well off on our Islands.

5. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

My favorite place on earth

6. Rckt98

Rckt98

Just wondering if you got over here last month for a look around and your thoughts if you did.

7. daddylama

daddylama

I did! We just got back a few days ago!

My thoughts: Fucking Brilliant. I love it. My wife loves it. The kids love it.

We only saw the upper half of the North island, and only part of the Northland. Auckland was terribly crowded and... Ahhh... Crowded. I expected that, though. Hamilton, where I had a job interview, was much better.

Started in the Coramandel, went down to Hahei Beach, Rotorua (love the place!), Taupo, Waitomo, Maingatomo, Waipo Cove (bloody hell it's wonderful!)... Lots of smaller places in between.

The roads are wonderful, scenery looks Photoshopped it's so beautiful, people are really nice, and the hand pies! Oh dear, the meat and cheese pies! Fish n chips! The beer!

In short: it's beautiful.

I'm talking with a company in Hamilton that'll sponsor me. It's looking somewhat likely that we'll be moving there :)

8. 38 mopar_fan

38 mopar_fan

Hi
    I live and work in Hamilton
    More than happy to help you integrate into the place
    Great thing about living in the Tron everywhere else is a simple drive. (NZ drive no freeways)
    Cheers
    Peter

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

daddylama likes this.
  9. Rckt98

Rckt98

Yep Hamilton would be a better bet than Auckland. Housing is a little cheaper and it is central for beaches and skiing in the winter (if you are so inclined). Good Hot Rod scene in Hamilton as well.
    keep us informed if it happens, good luck.
    Russell

daddylama likes this.
  10. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Once you're there and settled in, take a trip over to the East coast to the little town of Russel, on The Bay of Islands, you'll like it.

daddylama likes this.