Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 1934 Chevy hot rod time capsule

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Keepat, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Keepat

Keepat

That is the plan!
    Thanks
    Pat

2. Donald Insley

Donald Insley

kidcampbell71, Keepat and loudbang like this.
  3. rtomss

rtomss

Here's the full picture if you don't have it......cool car!

Attached Files:

4. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Growing up in B'ham Al, a local hot rodder , now deceased, Dwight Schultz had one of these with a tri power 371 and hydro .He said it sounded like a vacuum cleaner when he got into it. This was late 50s.

loudbang likes this.
  5. Keepat

Keepat

Thank you for the picture. This photo and the second one appear to be at some sort of car show. The second picture based on the tag date is sometime in 1968 or early 69? The first picture is sometime between 1966 in early 68? Note the firewall is either white or gray in the first pic. There appears to be a sign in the background on both pictures that I believe says George’s? Was this possibly a display for George’s Corvette shop the people that I believe painted this car sometime in the early to mid 60s?
    Pat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Keepat

Keepat

I guess it depends what kind of vacuum cleaner you have if that sounds good or bad ;-)
    Pat

48fordnut and loudbang like this.
  7. The sign if I'm not mistaken said Prince Georges Kustoms and was likely at the D.C. National Guard Armory where the Ram Rods Club out of Silver Spring held their annual show for many years. It was pretty common for clubs to have a few cars positioned together with such signage on a wall nearby. If you look at the bottom picture above you can see the MS of Kustoms and the ES of Georges.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  8. I still have the programs from the 1964 and 1965 Ram Rods shows. Your car may very well have been in one or both of these shows, but my memory isn't good enough to say yes or no.:( 11302017.jpg 11302017_0001.jpg

9. Keepat

Keepat

Awesome! That makes a lot more sense! I never was any good at Wheel of fortune;-) Little by little putting together the history of this car is so much fun!
    Thank you
    Pat

10. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Lucky you. I had a 35 Standard 2 dr sedan which is pretty much the same car. Take some none to get it road worthy but it will be worth it. Good luck.

Keepat and loudbang like this.
  11. Keepat

Keepat

24A1C622-3CBC-4663-8A00-2579AACB6467.jpeg 69B69878-349B-40FC-8CFD-A4A9D36EBE6E.jpeg I received the rebuild original Airheart brake calipers from White Post Restorations today.
    They did an awesome job, wasn’t cheap but they look great. I understand these brake calibers don’t have a very good reputation. I’m hoping that the new steel sleeves instead of the aluminum housing will fix this problem.
    Thanks
    Pat

catdad49, 4ever18, nunattax and 10 others like this.
  12. They turned out very nice.

lothianwilly71 likes this.
  13. Keepat

Keepat

I hope they work as good as they look! To keep the original look I'm just going to coat the calipers with Sharkhide (link below)
    Thank You!
    Pat

http://www.sharkhide.com/mpinfo.html

14. I have no experience with the Sharkhide product, I see that Eastwood is a dealer, but I may have to get some and give it a try. I've been looking for something to protect fuel and brake steel lines from rust and corrosion. Was thinking of brushing POR-15 onto parts that are already showing surface rust. This product may work to give them a coating of protection before the surface rust appears. Thanks, Don.

15. Awesome vintage pics of the Chevy!

Keepat and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. That is one wonderful old car, that has found the right home. Good luck with the build. Here's a source for grill material. https://www.fillingstation.com/

17. sproadster30

sproadster30
    from Natick, Ma

Looks like a very cool project! Love to see history being preserved as it was. Look forward to seeing the progress, and hopefully a video of that olds motor! Check it out @gonzo

18. Keepat

Keepat

Thanks for the link
    Pat

29bowtie, loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  19. gonzo

gonzo

Man now that is a collector!

[​IMG]

20. Keepat

Keepat

They are very cool and I’m planning on having them ceramic coated inside and out to preserve them
    Thanks
    Pat

21. gonzo

gonzo

That's a great plan. I love little details like this, it's especially topical for me as I'm building my Olds 324 headers now and the collectors are pretty tricky. What they did there is a really functional elegant solution.

lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  22. greyone

greyone

Man that is a great car, the guy who built that one loved that car! The nose up stance was popular back in the early sixties and I still love it today. Have fun!!!

Keepat, lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  23. Dave Downs

Dave Downs
    from S.E. Penna

I don't think I've ever seen soldered copper tubing used for fuel lines before. Great car, as mentioned, a neat time capsule, something I would have seen 'back in the day'.

loudbang, Keepat and lothiandon1940 like this.
  24. You got a great lookin piece of rodding history , do the former owner proud !

25. Chuck Craig

Chuck Craig
    from Ocala FL

Love the old 33/34/35 Chevrolet standards/masters. They are such great cars.

Keepat likes this.
  27. Keepat

Keepat

Here is a short video the family of the original owner gave me the day we towed his car out of the shed that it had been stored in for over 35 years.
    Pat

Jet96, 4ever18, texkbc and 11 others like this.