Register now to get rid of these ads!

DIE CAST TUESDAY - WEEKLY

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by edcodesign, Mar 28, 2017.

1. jnaki

jnaki

Hey RS,

Those USB hot rods are very cool. I will be going on XXL’s site to look and see if one will be good for me. I currently have a drawer full of flash drives or jump drives that I used to send to friends with photos and digital movies. But, those USB hot rods are a great idea for gifts. We all can always use a spare USB drive.

A dedicated home computer is pretty nice to have since the screen can be as large as you want. (easier on the eyes and the images are pretty dynamic larger...) The power you can get in the actual built up computer CPU unit can make things wonderfully fast. It is like a hot rod, you can buy a stock car and be satisfied, or build as much as you want or you can build one to make it the top eliminator. There is the need for speed when working on the computer.

But, for those that only use the phone and/or tablet, here is a cool item to transfer photos, stories, movies, etc. from your phone to your tablet or external hard drive for storage and safe keeping.

Jnaki

I tried putting one of these in an old hot wheels car, but it just did not fit well. I guess I will leave it to the experts.

These small USB/Android units fit in coin pockets, can be used on any Android phone or tablet. They copy phone photos, movies and if you do word processing on the tiny screens, it will save those, too. Then you insert the USB in any device that has an USB port to transfer all that is on the little drive. Mine is 16 gb and that is a lot of space for tons of photos, movies, etc.
    upload_2017-12-6_7-51-37.png upload_2017-12-6_7-51-48.png upload_2017-12-6_7-51-58.png Android on one end and the slide pops up the USB on the other end.
    upload_2017-12-6_7-52-14.png upload_2017-12-6_7-52-25.png upload_2017-12-6_7-52-35.png This small unit fits in coin pockets easily. The transfer is fast and efficient. Yes, you can use the cord that comes with your phone, but who carries around a long wound up cord in our pants/jacket pockets?

PM me for more info… But, for now, back to the hot rod USB flash drives. Great customization, XXL!

2. jnaki

jnaki

Hey XXL,
    Your photo listings (PICTURE LINK) say "available," but there is no working link to Ebay for the actual sale or looking for the other USB cars for sale that you made. There were two for sale if you typed in "USB flash drives in Hot Wheels." a Nova and a sports car.
    Would you be able to make a direct link to your site of the USB cars for sale?

Thanks,
    Jnaki

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. models916

models916

Anybody have the Scarab Nickey car with the Nickey Nouse logo on the side? Could use a nice clean pic of that logo…..thanks

4. rudestude

rudestude

5. verde742

verde742

That was his "second guess"

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg image.jpeg Good Tues. morn. My first shot at making a junk yard car out of a good one.

7. Merry Christmas and a Happy Tuesday! Last week I posted a few ornaments. Here's the whole tree. Also a train that my Mom and Dad gave me for Christmas in {1975}. And It's been under our Christmas tree ever since.:) Ron... 20171212_065621.jpg 20171212_065540.jpg 20171212_063726.jpg 20171212_065750.jpg 20171212_070042.jpg 20171212_065930.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Even this guy is getting in on the fun:D 15578573_1139806882734114_6091286706061412237_n (1).jpg

9. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg
    Great train ! Here is a village I made years ago, people are from my fathers layout, 50's vintage.

10. 48stude

48stude

lothiandon1940, Lotsa kool stuff, especially that 59 retractable. :cool:
    These posts always make me smile!!:) Bill

11. rudestude

rudestude

Things are looking good guys...but first I have a question on cleaning your toys ... I have a bunch of Hot Wheels that have got just filthy.. heavy sticky dust... I need to clean them with out ruining them...this stuff is on them good ...blowing air or no maids feather duster is going to cut it ...any ideas???? I don't have a dish washer...that bitch took off with the gardener... I kid... anyway the good news...my brother has a antique shop and doe's estate sales for people when ever he gets in on one that has stuff that I'm into ,toys ,Hot Wheels, die-casts, models pretty much any and everything he gives me a shot at going through everything and claiming what ever I want.....well he just sent me a message and pictures of a building he is getting to move his store into the owners said to get rid of everything inside the place its three floors of stuff ..at one time the place was a old true value type store then the last few years it's been a antique shop it still has some old inventory from the original store and one floor has a little machine shop with machinery in the pictures I could see hot wheels, stacks of train sets, about 100 or more old vintage singer sewing machines, a hole wall of vintage radios, a bunch of Tonka trucks and other toys looked like some model kits and on and on....I'm headed out first thing tomorrow morning ... I just told myself no more I got to much stuff then this came up.....what the hell it's Christmas....So Happy Holidays....if I get into some really good stuff I just might share.....oh ya here's some of my dirty cars.....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][IMG)

Sent from my QTASUN1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Quarter car wash ?

13. rudestude

rudestude

That could get interesting.... I remember the last time trying to wash a small part with a pressure washer while holding it with one hand and pulling the trigger with the other.... atleast it was a clean cut......

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  14. Rudestud, I also have too many toys. I guess too many birthdays, Christmas's ,and swap meets. As for cleaning them. I keep my favorites in show cases. Just like the real Rods in the garage. They don't get dirty as often. Lol But I display a lot of them on an 1/24 scale slot car town. Some are just models and some are diecast. They do get dirty pretty fast. But some look better dirty. But what I do to clean mine. I just put them in the kitchen sink with a little dish soap. Wash, rinse, dry, with a clean rag, and then glue all the parts back on.;) lol Ron.... 20171206_082522.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  15. rudestude

rudestude

Ron you do have some amazing things and your displays are .... worthy of a many wet dreams..... I know alot of times you will show some cars or something and it will be one that I have also but mine is sitting in a box somewhere in the house so I guess I enjoy them through you... something like that...anyway I like your style...as for cleaning I had a guy tell me one time that he will put a dirty hot wheels car in a sock roll it up put a few of them in the washer with a load of towels and they come out clean.... haven't tried it yet..... Thanks

16. jnaki

jnaki

Hey RS,

What a collection...a little dusty, but what a find. A long time ago, we got out some of my son's Hot Wheels/Matchbox cars that we accumulated. Some of them were just sitting in an open box and others were in a sealed carry case. Needless to say, the ones in the open box were quite dirty and felt greasy all over. They were to be used at my wife’s sister’s house when that Grandma was the primary babysitter for her grandson.

I am not an Amway sales person or dealer, but we had some old L.O.C.(Liquid Organic Cleaner) in our cleaning supplies. Using a cotton rag and some of this stuff soaked on, it wiped off that greasy feeling stuff instantly. We made a spray diluting it 1:1 and sprayed the whole car with it, underside and top. (Wiping it off as we went along.) It was a real hand car wash procedure. It did not damage the paint, decals, metal, plastic, etc.
    upload_2017-12-12_9-50-9.png upload_2017-12-12_9-50-23.png
    A final rinse and setting them out on an outside table to air dry took care of any rust worries on the metal axles and what not. It did not take long back then, but they turned out fine.

Now, my niece’s 4 year old has them because that little guy is a total car nut. It does help that his dad is a car nut, too, but that little kid lit up when we gave him those Hot Wheels/Matchbox cars to play with at his Grandma’s house.

Jnaki
    For a fee of two Hot Wheels 50’s cars, (one for me & one for my nephew) I will personally hand wash each one for you. Now, that there is plenty of time during these days for doing: “What are dirty cars good for? Absolutely Nothing…” Ha! To paraphrase Elaine Benes from the Jerry Seinfeld show

17. rudestude

rudestude

I think my mother has some of that...one time I tried some of that Awesome Orange cleaner on a model it spotted the paint and turned the chrome parts white....you talk of kids and their Hot Wheels when my niece's were around 5 or 6 I bought them each two of the rereleased red stripe tire series cars and when my brother did his concrete slab and benches in his yard they imbedded there cars in the benches with there names ...the girls are now 22 and 20 and the oldest just got married well my brother and his wife sold the house and are moving, this morning when I told him that I was heading his way tomorrow he told me that the girls are going to be there and that they are requesting that I help them retrieve there Hot Wheels for them because they are not letting them go with the house.... I was shocked they even remembered....

chryslerfan55 and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  18. rudestude

rudestude

I have been cleaning and reorginizing the stuff in my place and earlier I said something to Ron about my toys being just all boxed up and not being displayed well here is some shots of some of them ....this is just what I have piled in my kitchen right now....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. rudestude

rudestude

And my favorite toy, the one that I like over all of them is this one this car is so cool I have liked this car, the real one , sense I was very young..now that I'm o!dear it's this one of course I would take the original one also if I could....ya big wet dream....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]