Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration /////Friday Art Show 12-01-2017\\\\\

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jigger, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Welp, it’s already the first day of the last month of the year. Hard to believe how fast the years gone by.

That fact has nothing to do with my sketch this week. Happy Friday all!!!

Kaiser_Darrin_4web.jpg

Bill Kraft tribute car. Years ago, The man who built this car contacted me after seeing this sketch on a Google search. We had discussed getting him a copy of the print , setting up a deal. Unfortunately I lost his contact info and he never got back to me. We;d had such a great conversation, I had really looked forward to working with him.
    This sketch was based on photos of the original Kraft car.

BillKraftMarlin_2.jpg

I also did a color pass on the car, changing it from the Kraft colors to this:

BillKraftMarlin_5b.jpg

2. skipstitch

skipstitch

Coupe Layout.jpg
    Open headers, Eddie Meyer inspired intake, Dragmaster slicks and a coupe body influenced by several manufacturers. I image this heavily channeled hot rod is draped over a "hand built" chassis that hides a modern T-5 tranny for drivability. A quick change out back wouldn't hurt either!!!

3. philo426

philo426

20171130_190140.jpg Airbrush cammo

oldsjoe, biggeorge, JimC and 16 others like this.
  4. GaryC.

GaryC.

Pod Speedster Lime Green Pod Speedster.png

oldsjoe, fortypickup, 1-SHOT and 36 others like this.

5. philo426

philo426

6. Philo, cool model and very artistically done but, respectfully, do you really think it fits the definition of the Friday Art Show's "rules" regarding traditional hot rod and customs only? ( with vintage drags and few exceptions outside that set of rules.)
    I do want to extend my appreciation for your post though, thank you!

chryslerfan55, woodz and Animal like this.
  7. Hey Mark, I'll re-direct the punters on my FAS to yours.......

Jigger likes this.
  8. One from last weekend...
    Have a great weekend!

IMG_8218_1.jpg

oldsjoe, 1-SHOT, biggeorge and 24 others like this.
  9. philo426

philo426

Yeah you guys may be right!I will try to cool it in
    The future!

10. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

11. georgeg

georgeg
    from Il

12. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

image.jpeg image.jpeg Acrylic on canvas 100cmx150cm Surfs up cars down

13. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg Here is a racer from Ct. Class XXF/BGRMR (Adrun powered, Blown Gas Rear Engine Modified Roadster) Ron's Hobby Shop Special.
    Ron San Giovanni Sr. 216.131 mph
    Ron San Giovanni Jr. 225.003 mph (Record) con gradulations on a great job this year !

oldsjoe, fortypickup, JimC and 22 others like this.
  14. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2017-12-1_3-40-22.png
    upload_2017-12-1_3-41-20.png

Hello,

Back in 1961-62 my friend’s family had a Christmas Tree Lot in Bixby Knolls. It was on the one of the busiest corners, right next to the famous Hof’s Hut Restaurant. It was so much fun to be living in a small 20 ft. long trailer for weeks after school and on the Christmas Vacation. My official status was #2 tree salesman (eventually up to #1,) #1 flocker, #2 delivery boy. Car loads of our friends used to cruise by, honk, rev up their motors and be off to the Hof’s or Grissinger’s Drive-In down the street. The annual tree lot was up and running by December 1st. The senior year was revving up to be a cool one at that.

We used to offer home deliveries and set up for $2.00. It was fun tying up the tree(s) on top of my friend’s “California Raked,” white, 57 Chevy Bel Air for a trip throughout the neighborhoods. If the tree was flocked white, on top of the white Bel Air, it really looked like Christmas. (White on white…when the flocking done by me, started falling off, it was a “White Christmas” in the making)

One time, a finely dressed lady pulled up and ordered a 8 foot flocked tree to be delivered to Belmont Shore. (8 + miles away) She offered a sizeable tip and we needed some food anyway, so a trip to the Belmont Shore Domenico’s Pizza was in the making. No Google map service at the time, but we knew the streets in and around that whole Belmont Shore Bay area. When we pulled up to her house, it was one of two remaining houses on the ocean side, right by the main Alamitos Bay Beach area.

Jnaki

Wow, what a house is was. It was right on the sandy beach and later, what a pizza dinner for us. Even though we were in my friend’s white 57 Bel Air, if we had a trucks like the red ones drawn above, that would have been much easier. My 40 Ford Sedan Delivery could not hold a flocked 8 foot tall tree in the back compartment without a total mess up, so we wrapped them and tied them down on top of the 57 Bel Air.

By the time Christmas was two days away, we had a small bunch of little trees we made from broken, or cracked larger trees. They were hot sellers. More so than the larger trees, so we started cutting the larger trees down to make smaller trees.

Since Christmas Eve was upon us, we were giving them away. The look on people’s faces was priceless… “for free?” Merry Christmas…from a couple of teenagers.

15. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg Great start, thanks for all the likes ! Ed.

16. I tilt-shifted a few HAMB photos & thought you guys might like 'em. I give full credit to the original photographers.

Early Times Car Club:
    screensaver 01-tiltshift.jpg

2017 Drag Week with Racer-X & Squirrel:
    screensaver 08 dragweek-tiltshift.jpg

Rik Hoving's colorized '50's SoCal car show. That's the Hirohita Merc in the background:
    Rik Hovings colorized show-tiltshift 02.jpg

2017 Meltdown Drags:
    screensaver meltdown drags 17-tiltshift.jpg

My garage at night:
    GarageAtNight-tiltshift.jpg
    Program cover from a road race on the runways at NAS Moffett Field, Sunnyvale, CA, 16 August, 1953.
    Moffett cover-tiltshift.jpg

oldsjoe, Bandit Billy, fauj and 21 others like this.
  17. kenmo

kenmo

1966 Chevy II Nova
    [​IMG]

Traditional Style Hot Rod Sedan
    [​IMG]

1936 Buick "low rider"

[​IMG]

oldsjoe, biggeorge, JimC and 25 others like this.
  18. mark schanfeldt

mark schanfeldt

19. Luke S.

Luke S.
    from Ocala, Fl.

20. ...a couple coat hanger bikes and bikes made of wire 001.jpg bikes made of wire 004.jpg bikes made of wire 003.jpg fas 114.jpg fas 109.jpg a couple A coupes...

oldsjoe, tierod, pwschuh and 28 others like this.
  21. Oye! Sorry, I didn’t see your’s or I would have been the deferrer of posts and forwarding of fellow artists.

I don’t want to detour you from posting and adding to the mix and I don’t like to be the turd that calls people out. Thanks for your understanding, I really dig the detail on that piece of art.

Great start everyone!

Back for a repeat performance:

Well, there aint none sweeter than my ”Sanata Rosarita”

Rosa Rita.jpg

oldsjoe, biggeorge, tierod and 21 others like this.
  22. Cree

Cree
    from Montana

23. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

24. Thank you!!

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

kenmo and chryslerfan55 like this.
  25. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

26. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

27. New vector art for creating some new laser cut signs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

oldsjoe, tierod, pwschuh and 16 others like this.
  28. kenmo

kenmo

57 Corvette ~ Bob likes this.