Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Buyer Beware

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51Truc, Nov 1, 2017.

1. 5window

5window

That can't be right-it isn't that he isn't receiving the orders, it is that he is taking the money and not shipping the orders..

2. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

I'm not sticking up for anyone that does not deal fairly and i'm not saying he's not getting the money as it would otherwise fail to process, but in looking at his site it appeared very out of date. my question stands, were the guys that lost money going to his site and ordering directly from it?? his flathead speed equipment prices on heads and intakes are generally over $100 less than speedways prices... that was a big red flag to me that I should contact him before I plugged in my CC number and order a camshaft that was $50 cheaper than anywhere else...

3. 51Truc

51Truc

Phillip his son was very knowledgeable with to whom I placed my order over the phone. I also talked to Patrick when trying to find out when my parts would be delivered and also all three on my refund.

4. junkman8888

junkman8888

If you were ordering a "short"or modified water pump used in a 216 to 235 swap a much better option is to buy the 40$ adapter plate available on the internet. The plate solves several problems at once: It uses a bone stock 235 water pump, a commonly available small block water pump pulley which is the same belt size as your lower pulley, it also moves the water pump higher which means you can use a stock fan and not hit the lower hose. Best of luck on your project

Outcasts likes this.
  5. 5window

5window

Maybe I don't get your point, but I don't see that it matters how a product was ordered. If it was a damn dollar, he should have notified the buyer that the.price was incorrect and given them a chance to square it up, not kept the money. There have just been too many promises of "soon to ship, on its way, refunds in the mail" for this to be anything other than a scam. Seems simple enough to me.

46international likes this.
  6. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

My point was he told me over the phone two weeks ago not to place any orders because he doesn't do it anymore....is he telling different people different things over the phone or is he having a hard time letting go of cash that was deposited into his account?

I didn't lose money but I had a different experience when I called.

Sent from my SM-G920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. zeph4057k

zeph4057k

well. he screwed people over, he's not a good guy so f-ck him..

41rodderz and Hnstray like this.
  8. If your looking for the pump junkman8888 is taking about @MotherTrucker has the pump best price around
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...kits-for-235-261-motors.922643/#post-12313799

9. This is nothing new... I have heard of reports & complaints of slow shipping & stalling on parts from Pat for years now.
    The problem has now escalated into outright non-delivery of parts all together.

I have known Pat personally for over 30 years now & I can tell you that he was once on top of the world when it came to his unique niche of parts.

The reasons for his downfall are too numerous for me to list here in this post & I just don't think that airing all his dirty laundry & kickin' a guy when he is down & out is gonna help anything.
    The only reason I am responding with this post is that you cannot take peoples money & not send them what they paid for.

The bottom line is... A lot of bad luck & a lot of bad business decisions over the years have taken it's toll & he is no longer reputable.

The good news is....
    There are now a handful of reliable vendors that have taken over & they all sell everything that Pat sells so..... only the poor slobs that don't know any better continue to give him their credit card #

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  10. rustyrods

rustyrods
    from Dixon,Il.

Is this the same guy who sells old truck parts out of AZ. ???

11. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

I've dealt with Patrick and Phillip for over twenty years and have never had a problem. I always ordered by phone. They replaced a pair of broken mono springs. I got a great deal on a Blackwidow header from a broken set. They have always been helpful. Things did change when Speedy Bill screwed them out of the Fenton brand name but Speedy Bill did that to a LOT of his suppliers. That's the place I won't buy from.

prewarcars4me likes this.
  12. 5window

5window

And yet, Speedway only lists two Fenton items in their catalog. Curious. And, when was the last time you actually got something from Patrick? Twenty years ago doesn't count and maybe an old friend/customer gets better treatment. That doesn't help the folks who have lost their money and are waiting on their builds.

13. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

I'm not saying you haven't had problems but don't get pissed because I haven't. It is inexcusable to take money and not send the product. It is sad to see a good old company fail. I got 1/2 of a Fenton header set about a year ago. I spoke with Patrick, we made a deal. It went just as it should have. The fact that he sold the good part of a broken set he was having a hard time returning may have played a part.
    Speedway screwed a lot of suppliers. Some by sending their parts to China to be cheaply reproduced without paying for the right to do so. Patrick was one of those.

14. That is 100% Bull--Shit !!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Most of Pat's parts were already being produced in Taipei Taiwan.
    Where Pat fucked up... was that he never Trademarked the Fenton name & he "allegedly" fell behind on paying the guys that actually made the parts.

He made up some bullshit, hair-brained story for his catalogs about how he produced the
    Fenton equipment "under license".

Well.... it turns out that there was no "license" & after Taiwan cut Pat off from ordering parts in 2006
    { because the new owners of the company reviewed the books & found out that he owed them $$$ }....
    Speedway stepped in & Tradmarked the Fenton name.

Click on the "expand all " tab & read it.
    https://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=77007305&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  15. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

16. In Pat's case..... That statement is still 100% Bullshit.

Everyone is screaming "Speedy screwed Pat...Speedy screwed Pat" but it was Pat that screwed himself & everyone should be thankful that Speedy stepped in to fix Pat's mess & the Fenton line of products is still available to us.

Pat lost the Fenton line because he "allegedly" didn't pay the guys who were already making the parts for him in Taiwan & he lied for many years about owning the rights to the Fenton name.

Speedy saw an opportunity to take over that market & fix everything that Pat fucked up, so they went about securing the trademark through the proper channels & they actually paid the guys who make the parts.

Back to the original topic here....

For what it's worth....I do remember reading a post on another site about non delivery of parts from Pat & this guy said that after waiting 9 months for his parts, they promised a refund to his credit card but it never happened.
    This guy said that he had enough of that shit & he called the Casa Grande Police Dept. & filed a theft report with suspect information......His credit card was refunded a few hours later that day.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ems-with-patricks-antique-truck-parts.645293/

https://www.bbb.org/phoenix/busines...-cars-and-trucks-in-casa-grande-az-1000014442

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  17. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

100% you say? Oh my that's a lot! :D

6inarow likes this.
  18. Another visit to Pats a few years back... patricks200622.jpg

Last visit to Pats a few months ago..... He don't look so good

Pat.jpg

19. 5window

5window

6inarow, I expect that with the tone and name calling this thread has taken up that it will be closed soon,but for now, I think MotherTrucker has gotcha. Regardless of past performance, the current situation at Pat's is as bad as it gets and they should no longer be taking orders, or money.

20. 5window

5window

21. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Anymore name calling and shit talk..... this thread is headed for LOCKDOWN.

warbird1 and milwscruffy like this.
  22. Not cool what happened to pat , from what I have read and researched he started with the Fenton brand repops.

It takes a lot of cake to patent ,licence pay royalties if required legal fees etc.

When he started with the Fenton brand he probably thought he cornered a niche market and “ why bother” started making serious hay and grew his business. Why he didn’t pay his suppliers is anyone’s guess.
    Can’t blame speedway for jumping in and getting the licensing for the Fenton name and making money for themselves.
    Shame this is happening, he was the inline 6 guy for a long time.
    Should get his house in order instead of screwing the average joe outta a few hundred bucks at a time, no way to keep a business going,

6inarow likes this.
  23. I am just one of many vendors all over the country that sell all of the parts that Patrick's used to sell.

One good thing about this is that the prices on all of these parts has been drastically reduced.

For example.... the Chevy 6 Fenton headers & dual carb intakes can now be easily located for $200 each.
    Pat used to charge $250 + each for those.
    Same thing for the Ford Flathead Fenton headers & the Fenton GM small block "black widow" headers.
    patrick manifolds.jpg

Pat used to butt plug everyone at $450+ on the 3.55:1 ring & pinion gears.
    The price on those gears is now between $350-$400.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  24. 5window

5window

I am not saying you're wrong about pricing here, because I don't know. BUT, sometimes it does become cheaper to manufacture a product, and also, rarely, pass the savings on to the consumer. Case in point-the 1909 Model T runabout was $825. The Model T runabout in 1925 was $260 for arguably a better car.

6inarow likes this.
  25. swiss39coupé

swiss39coupé

Hello
    I met Pat many years ago. It was a very good and interesting visit. Super parts I bought back then. I feel sorry what I read heare today.
    I came heare because I try to get in contact with you. But PM is not working. How can I get in contact with you? I like to buy some Suburban rear seats.
    Best regards
    Daniel

Roadster pu 1929 likes this.
  26. robert4005

robert4005

Patrick was not screwed by speedy bill . Patrick screwed himself because he doesn’t pay his bills. I’m an inliner just like you and just like you I bought parts from them over a long period of time and was treated very well. However like others on this thread a year or so ago tried to order some Fenton headers from them my credit card was charged and nothing was ever shipped, I called once a week for about 6 weeks and kept getting told it would be any day. Then fortunately I came upon this thread and was able to contact the credit card co. and have the charge reversed before it was too late. I’m sorry I hate this but the word needs to get out.

pat59 likes this.
  27. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

I know the laws don't mean much, if anything, anymore, but it's always been my understanding that it is illegal for a merchant to charge a credit card before the item ships. "Reverse the charges" only works if the issuer agrees to play along.

28. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A common belief but one that is not true. Many credit card issuers have rules preventing their merchants from charging before shipment but it is not the law.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    Truck64 likes this.
  29. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Must be widely ignored, they aren't supposed to do that.

30. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The credit card issuers are various stores, banks, companies, etc. VISA, Mastercard, etc., that back the retailers do not have the rules that prohibit charging accounts before shipment.