Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods '52 F1 build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aerocolor, Sep 26, 2017.

1. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

^^^^^^good luck with yours.

spurgeonforge likes this.
  2. PoTaToTrUcK

PoTaToTrUcK

Your truck looks great. I love the Ford in a Ford. I have been driving my 51 F1 Windsor / C6 for 31 years and just got my 51 Mercury M3 Flathead / Tremec on the road in June. Both have Big Job chrome spears on the hood, moved the dash around a bit on the Merc and drive the shit out of them. Try not to sell this one. DSCN0496a.jpg IMG_20170708_134212.jpg 7   Dashboard.JPG

spurgeonforge and charleyw like this.
  3. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

4. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

Addingto this list of parts/sources. Whose MII cross member & A arms, etc do you use? Since you’ve done one before did you use the same before?

You mention “color keying” the grill. Does that mean you’re gonna paint it another color? If so, what color and please post some picture of it finished. Thanks!

5. Thanks for the posting and the great pics. I love my '50 F1 and lately have been developing a hankering for a '51-'52 project. Yours is done very nicely!

6. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What are you running for rear springs? Sits right and I need new springs for my son's truck.

7. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

Rear springs are Posey Super Sliders.
    MII is Helix brand but we buy from others also.
    Color keyed the upper hood grille.

justabeater37 likes this.
  8. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love your build. A mild hi jack here. Original F1 front brake drums , any hamber have some very decent ones would help our project move forward( or stop) . All repro ones I have found have the flat wheel face and are generic it will fit says the vendor ,( they even use the OEM part number and picture ) they are not the stepped face as per original F1. We have set our converted banjo up for these drums and these are all that will work.
    Thanks Folks.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

Your F1 has turned out great, love the stance and look. What size wheels and tyres are you running?? thanks

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. firehawgcfd

firehawgcfd

You posted that you used the Helix IFS. Is it their corner killer kit? Would you use it again? Tire/ wheel size?