Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1934 LaSalle old school convertible coupe build thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by F&J, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Uber driver time !! :)

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  2. F&J

F&J

Yes, it was a "woods find'. Lots of random stuff on it so far; Genuine trolley car floor bell (LOUD), 6V police/fire siren, push-type Ahooga horn, circa 1910-14 Reo? brass windshield frame, ...I was adding fun things to make noise for the children at the farm shows, but seems like it's the adults can't keep their hands off those doodlebugs..LOL... George, you saw the FB video with Tim, and Kyle's girlfriend cruising on the Whippet...they be's smiling like Christmas.

brad2v and biggeorge like this.
  3. F&J

F&J

Ok, more clear thinking during the day...I was tied up with a younun on a haul to/from Kenny's so that was good, as I did NOT pull that head YET. I did a post on FB this morning while waiting to head out, I mentioned that the cylinder that has the water leak is also the only cylinder that had standing gas in it, back when we were fighting the low compression issue. I am starting to think that the intake manifold just might be rotted out, or a tiny hole into the plenum? If flooding with gas has that one exact cylinder to get gas, then if there was water leaking in the manifold, then that water WOULD follow exactly where gas flooding does. I sure hope so, as I hate to pull the driver side head as it is a bitch with the steering column in the way...the column can't be removed unless the motor is removed! And what if I pulled that head and found no bad headgasket leak or cracked bore? That would suck.

So, I will temporarily block the water from getting to the intake, as soon as I get caught up here. There is no rush, so I won't :)
    100_1350.JPG
    ^^^ this is the passenger side cross-over hose, there is the same thing on driver side. Find a way to block these off, then do the pressure/water test again. Soon..

Oh, Carp... I can't say this on my FB, but whenever I travel with this young fella, he sure talks a lot about just how "advanced" some of his girlfriends ARE. Man..oh man, I need to make sure I don't need a pacemaker... LMAO

4. catdad49

catdad49

Just make sure there's someone there to jumpstart you! Don't know how you keep up with all your stuff. Hardly enough time to get in trouble. Keep posting my friend!

F&J likes this.
  5. F&J

F&J

I can feel it a comin' lol... I am going back to Ken's AGAIN tomorrow! He got me a super price on a vintage heavy duty! 4 foot capacity "Slip-Rolls" machine I saw that just came out of the big factory clean-out job. Today I got the bitching massive, thick planked workbench I had asked about there.. only $75 !!, still at a friends, it's coming here in the AM I will get pics. Ken also said tonight that I can "have" a huge vise for it. It will be used outdoors, as it is huge, and I like working outside when you need good sunlight. Throw a cover over the vise and keep it oiled. Plenty places to look for cuties on the trip there and back...I KNOW where they are after a summer of trips!!! Almost hit a pole with my truck with Joe G this summer...a HOT PINK bikini walking by a pool..dayum.. Joe screamed like a girl when I said OOoops and saw the pole coming LMAO

Okie Pete, vtwhead, jerseyboy and 3 others like this.
  6. F&J

F&J

100_1413.JPG
    I have been tied up with ANOTHER estate deal with Joe G...lol...we even sat out front in chairs most of one afternoon, them old boys a drinkin beers, me on bottled water from the estates well stocked truck...lol.. we had such an epic time there, way the F out in gods country...

Oh, the cord test, I tried late today... I took off both water necks above the heads...water splashed out, so the block is OK. Intake manifold water galley was DRY, so I blocked one side of intake then added a long 1" ID hose to there and blew into it by mouth...NO leaks WTH>...but common sense says it did leak water but that pinhole corroded up in the week or so that I ignored the Cord. So I water tested just the intake, it will sit over a few days to see if the pinhole opens up again, but I don't care. I will eliminate that cross over as it is not worth the work, not a big deal on a warm weather driver if it is closed off for good.

I emailed Ron to get a piston and pan gasket set. I did measure the bore under the car, it is 3.500 so I bet it is stock, so maybe he will find a used piston. I did get a GOOD look at the break on that piston. It is broken in two, right at the oil ring land, and that being the source of minor odd noises when we had the plug wire off. It has to be making that faint rattle that you almost would think that the rest of engine is loose. I will pull that head soon to get it out, and pull the water pump apart to see what it needs. This Cord is still kicking to not be given up for dead, no need to panic so far!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    Hnstray and biggeorge like this.
  7. Budget36

Budget36

Updates, Frank?

If not, I gotta start talking to ...nevermind:)

8. fordrodsteven

fordrodsteven

Frank! Cord? LaSalle? any updates?

Hnstray likes this.
  9. F&J

F&J

Give me some slack, I have been even more busy, and now dealing with F'n Jim today, cutting a big hole in my shop so he can steal more shit from me. .. pics from NOW

also ANOTHER HUGE estate haul!!! I got me an RV van camper now, cost 400, the rest was FREE>>>. a sweet bandsaw for wood, a more compact table saw, so my wood on my cars will go easier for Jim, as I can act all tired, and He will do the damn work...I will have a coffee and a smoke! We have fun at estates but he has not come to one yet, says I don't invite!! I just did for this coming weekend...a drunk fest wioth good ol boys, oh baby I will take pics, if jim does not steal my shitty camera! OK?

ok, also been busy throwing away shit I don't need or stuff that makes me sad...like my family. I am serious , guys and gals. I do what I am forced to do...ask my great friend Jim.. he will let you know what is in my heart..

Attached Files:

10. JB36LaSalle

JB36LaSalle

Anybody need anything at Franks? I'm goin over there around 2:00 AM with a flash light. I'm gonna leave some more junk and see if he notices.

biggeorge, Hnstray and kidcampbell71 like this.
  11. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Just be sure you don't leave with any buckshot!! :D

Ray

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  12. F&J

F&J

Too early for me, I get up maybe 4 ish or even later sometimes.. Oh, Observant one, we have a genuine Street Light & pole in the lot, DUH? no Fleshlight needed, Hon..
    100_1911.JPG

Pic taken yesterday before he tried to pretend to actually work, instead of give me shit, or steal LaSalle parts... I was begging him to take his clothes off.. oh, to show he ALWAYS wears a freaking RED T shirt!! Always! Damn good buckshot target, eh Ray? ...ooohhh OR take him to the farms I hide at, and tell him to go out in "that" field,... I think I see a LaSalle part over yonder, right past those BULLS! Bulls won't bother a red object I think?

below, I don't feel like doing much this whole year..ok, Jim says get some fucking thing done, like a car on the road? Ok, A-hole, get under the 32 Nash to do the 3;80 Richmond gear swap in the Ford 8 inch...oh, that "8 inch" comment made him blush, but not as bright as his T shirt. Cord sits there, waiting for him to install used piston that came in from Canada..
    100_1502.JPG
    next pics at my local DAMN, oh, Dam.. Recent, too.. I was SO f'n busy there..
    100_1904.JPG 100_1902.JPG

ok, some of many estates this half of year.. I suppose I should do real work, earn some much needed money... yawn...
    100_1683.JPG
    Woodstock "Matt" 20 years old, Super talented, bodywork schooling, paint, weld, blasting, Diesel.,..Fab work, AND smiles all the F'n time. Has, nice as him, GF I never met yet. This estate got me free wood band saw and table saw , and a BED full of cool tools & you name it..all free...Also, my "new" $400 RV is sitting behind me here, had not noticed it's potential then, as we were smokin" busy!!.. 100_1688.JPG
    Same estate, a Monte SS on mine, I was back in there, scoffing up small stuff! RockN F'g Roll, when I arrived LAST and saw the line up of trucks and trailers!!! Oh, baby ..what A rush that sight was! No LIE. More trucks in the driveway you cannot see! Moving box truck too!
    100_1856.JPG
    Latest Estate, still going on.. this was last? weekend, how the F can I recall? I go there a LOT..WOODSTOCK, CT, real quiet corner! TWO cars per day pass by, on that dirt road! No Bull!
    100_1859.JPG
    Took , well no, invited Danny to go look at the Model As the tractors and all else, but said Moose may likely not come to open barn for him to buy that tiny pop engine we found in barn, he asked me months ago to find one.. a small one..I said "hard to find". I told him, when everyone gets shitfaced out front of porch, Moose tells Frank to "go back in that porch to buy more stuff", I tell Danny, "I know you are a home builder, but PLEASE don't nail the porch closed, I will cry!! :( he knows Frank has almost NO money left from these "deals" he thinks are so good..

Jim is so kind...he knows of my Money um, er Issues, so he sold a LaSalle part to a E=friend? Gives me nice neat, freshly ironed 20s and one 5...I said here take the 5 if you want, NO, I can't he says! Then I put the 5 bill backwards on the 20s, he says no, turn it around like the other bills are.., I tried my best, to not tell him you are obsessive compulsive...pic taken seconds later, no foolin. Ask Jim..
    100_1908.JPG

Moose said at one instant moment one sunny day..."Get your truck NOW, and I will guide you to park, the sun is just right!". No lie! he was serious! He took same pic as here, but with ME at drivers side, I then told him I MUST take one of you! That other guy is My brother, Joe Green.,,ok, different last name, but maybe we were separated at the hatchery..IDK

100_1590.JPG

No idea just HOW tall he is?? HUGE!! ^^^^Porch side door is open,,,oh oh,, Frank will sneak in..there..lol

100_1593.JPG
    ^^ off roadin, loadin up a Studebaker Horse Drawn FANY comination touring buggy and converts to farm supply getter wagon! Rare model, with removable childrens middle seat! "needs some er. um work" like all my shit I buy!
    100_1596.JPG
    ^^ we already hauled the wagon body home, but were picking up the axles and rotted wheels, Joe can get cheap used good wheels at upstate NY auctions! Then, the real plan her?...I finish wagon, right? he he, now drag to farm show, sit there all sad looking, sign says "I have no hot young girl friend that also has two horses to pull this beautiful wagon, please help"

ok, pics below all from Woodstock, or trip there, ok? The Trump pic, is really showing LOTS of budweisers on ice for epic yard sale activity there.. serious shitfacin' done on site! I get water from % cases he has in the Way-Back at hatch!, I cannot drink alcohol for some chemical reason? Not lying! But it is just as fun when I "drink" with them! They seem to not care as I act drunk a lot, or just like an A-hole! Serious again!

ok, one pic, shows finally someone driving that lonely road!! Two GD Tractors show up to just look at old John Deeres, and then BS... epic moments I had all this year..tearing up, as I am so worn down that your emotions get out, ok?? I am fucking badass as they come, but I can write that?
    100_1845.JPG 100_1421.JPG 100_1834.JPG 100_1836.JPG 100_1814.JPG 100_1403.JPG 100_1570.JPG 100_1829.JPG

^^ last pic as I tire of type, one finger, OOOPs NOT to you guys and gals, one finger on keys! Hey that flower also can get ya... Last drunk fest, when people from CL ads showed up to deal? One kinda quiet guy stayed all damn day, I asked if he loaded his pile of small things from the barn? Yes, =he says, "but I made them a offer on one of three tractors I might want, but it's like they "need to think it over"...It was said in public in the group, so I am F;n good with humans so I said just a line or two, and then BOOM, deal was made. I do not fuck around! Ok, everyone KEEPS saying "i gotta go" it is late, getting chilly..well nobody leaves...seemed like they just like to shake hands or hug goodbye, then not leave so they can get all touchy again?? WTH? finally that tractor guy, goes to back of his truck, pulls out 4 of these, one for each of us still on site.. Says he "paid 99 cents each, and if I get a person to smile, I got my moneys worth".. He had not bought them for this trip! Ok, guy, my Son thinks I am seriously mentally ill now, only due to the massive changes in me and my treatment of others, good or mostly due to violent words IF very needed!...Do you see a problem hiding here in the pics I took, or words I write? Please like for "he is fine" or tell here if I need help! Thanks, buds

Attached Files:

13. F&J

F&J

I will ad some more pics later,
    of the model, the tractors, you name it...at Woodstock..at some point with little text. some pics above this post as thumbnails need text but I am tired and need to wait for someone to show up to do something..anything, plenty to choose from, so don;'t even ask, do what you think is fun for you....but do not go for a 'reach around" unless you are a hot girl, or just a garage girl.. I like the latter, better...lol Less effort on my tired body

first? pic of big huge guy in green sweatshirt, where huge leftover pile of fill was finally spread out where my white 66 chevy was at such an angle before, is Mooses brother, .....um, er, I though this one brother was huge? Nope, "Moose" got the name for what reason??? lol

pic at pond just down from the barn, with two third cousins just back together since children,, re-met at huge family thing up "North", this summer...is my favorite so far...not just them, the scene too, even with my scratched camera lens.. still looks awesome to me
    100_1818.JPG 100_1826.JPG 100_1846.JPG 100_1551.JPG 100_1597.JPG 100_1400.JPG 100_1565.JPG 100_1415.JPG 100_1563.JPG

Attached Files:

14. F&J

F&J

Guys and Garage gals, I will need to rest up a LOT after the most wild, crazy, fun filled year of my life! I finally "got it" today...what I need right now, or already started 2 hours ago, is that I am nearly 66, what do you suppose happens if you went balls out, fueled by total FUN, from 1st week of May to right now??? easy right? I HAVE been telling and showing pics of me being tired, and even pics show me relaxing at that dam! I am simply wore the F out!

One HUGE clue was a bit over a week ago, I was at "12 Valve Dave's" place, I was talking of "how do you do all what you do like that big trucks-line-up- estates, to parting out trucks on C/L, trying to keep up with TWO home properties, fixing up your first old garage to be warm for the winter,....and.,,.wait for it....You work a FULL time job 2nd shift-nights at a Bus Garage!!! He said, "you know I only get 4 hours of sleep, and I thought it was Ok, as I felt fine and am so young"....but >>> a coworker told Dave of those mild steady headaches he gets every day around 4pm to 5 pm in second shift??? he told Dave that those are caused by lack of sleep and lack of good rest!

That is where I've been for a week...my headaches are not bad at all, but eyes feel it, you know that feeling...I am just plain worn down...That is why my anger towards people who keep pushing my buttons is rapidly increasing in duration , and rapidly becoming more OFTEN!! Very, very, simple to fix Though!! , winter is nearing, that is time for many living things to....REST/hibernate/sleep longer, as NATURE gives less sun hours right?? People in ancient times went out to forage in "longer hours months", stored food for winter short daylight months, and were outside way LESS hours in winter as it was dark EARLY !! So simple,> that which Nature is supposed to teach us!. I will be so fine then, but it will take all winter to recover at my "year count", NOT my age! (BSing any young garage cuties reading me here LOL)...Last hammer hit to me a week or less ago, is Catdad49 on here, told me on FB PM, "GET some rest!" Thanks, Carp, I told every website for a long spell of years, that I am slow to get the obvious, right! I say that OFTEN, you must recall that! .... I will be fine, but not here during LONG rest break, Ok??? Thanks for the fun ride!!! Bye!

15. Budget36

Budget36

Rest up and get recharged, Frank!

But you will let us know in a few weeks what you're up to, right?

You seem to me like the kinda guy who'll have cabin fever before Christmas;)

biggeorge and Hnstray like this.
  16. F&J

F&J

Listen up! I DO NOT need to rest up to go wild! Just Saturday night, I was out with both my 66 Chevy K20 and my blue Vw wagon, balls out, floored hard! Damn near came close to wrecking both of them on the windy hilly Rt 275 N, oh BaBY !! (looking to see if the "shooting star" home, near the Eagleville Dam, would EVER be lit up with lights!!) I have never felt so alive as this year...will I survive driving like this, till the first of the new year? Hmmmnnn , er... Sunday morning out to 12 Valve Daves 2nd home where the shop is, to meet a new and possible "right one" new stunning tall, long brown straight haired goddess.. one who I was forced to go to fast hard SUPER Chat, due to time restraints...oh baby, Frank knows what his girls want and NEED to know!!! I came out of the house right behind her as we were alone in there for what must have only been just a short moment......ahhh...she gets outside to see two more men that came to look at a tractor at his other place...strangers they were....she was almost excited, solidly proclaiming to all there " And I just found out he does not wear UNDERWEAR!"

I'm not BS'ing!! LMAO...5 minutes later, after she said that, but before we took 3 vehicles over to the other place..I caught her off guard, put my arm gently around her waist like one who was with his new soul mate, and asked Dave to take a pic and post on my FB page, showing my peeps my new gal, and then have him post what she had said about "me" (no underwear) in ''a loving way", "thus proving her love to me, and the FB world" !!!... But I said that as a joke, not wanting the pic, that was not to be taken! Just having a blast here, guys! Oh, shit, Dave was taking his 47 Dodge all stock truck there, then she looked to her car, I said "you should go in that truck with HIM, and she seemed glad I set that up!!" him TOO.. Ok, he leads off, the blue Vw with just me next, then a modern VW wagon with what I thought was just two guys, (there was ANOTHER brown long haired goddess in there as I found out later! Anyways I blew off Daves old heap to show her and all of them just how crazy I truly am, I get to the stop light just up the road, lock UP what I thought were the only 2 brakes still working TWICE to show rubber marks PROVING I have only two! He He, I dart through oncoming traffic both ways to go straight across, I drove faster that I ever had, beating them by at least a minute on a 5 minute trip. I had backed in so I could sit on the front fender like I had been there for ever, waiting ! LOL, Shit , Gary a huge "deliverance" type guy and trashed setting, comes right out and leans his butt against the junked car next to where I sat..priceless, as NOW it looked like we'd been there for an hour! Dave & his girl pull in, I lift my left arm and point as to a wrist watch ...like "where you been?" They must have laughed hard! That is what I live for!

Anyways, she is a NURSE, she does the same hospital that I was in for mental health... She saw ALL sides of me that day..and she said "the crazier the better", She cured that last part of me, I am not uncontrolled "manic", like the hospital thinks, I have full control, as she saw how I can calm down INSTANTLY, without those damn pills we are all supposed to take to be all so alike! Best Christmas present ever from her! Late last night, went out back to that area to get a meal, and show it to FB, just like "Poverty Flats" used to do here on hamb!! I never drove so slow in my entire last year! I am done with crazy! >>>At least dangerous actions!!! & driving!! Ok, He'd show a country meal to us, "the too focused car-topic-only posters" on here! Now he has left hamb, he is on FB a bit, I found him last night there, I may hit him up, maybe not// Have a nice holiday season guys & Gals and especially the staff here, of the best forum software website I have EVER seen or been on, do NOT take Ryan's hard work of 20 long years as "just a site"
    100_1948.JPG 100_1943.JPG 100_1957.JPG 100_1934.JPG

17. catdad49

catdad49

You're Livin' the Life Frank! Be well, my friend.

18. F&J

F&J

I am VERY well, thanks to her (my new friend, the brunette goddess), and my short stay on FB, I wondered if I was finally on FB to try to boost my ex-wifes immune system to help her fight harder to beat that cancer, as we have been totally estranged for many years....NO, she has ignored my two PMs and posts that she must know are to her alone!...I think the FB visit, was to tell my family that I am so done with their awful moods, You saw what happened there Carp. I think someone may have called the State Police on me, like was done on another site in June, thinking I was: "gone insane" ... Now My mom and only one sis are with/in "my" new family, The rest IDK. Let's talk cars now, eh? Too much OT..... I am serious!!! The 32 Nash is SO close to road-testing the new 3:80 Richmond gear! The LaSalle motor just needs some time before install!! Then it too will be able to be moved without pushing! I will get there, it just cannot be on some schedule set by others needs. LOL serious there, but funny a bit as well! Bye. Gonna look for a NOS rubber firewall boot for a friend today, then maybe finish a new "barn find engine start up" ... Me likey that stuff....easy fun tasks!!

19. I have to say frank I'm a big fan of that 32 Nash. I keep looking at my 30 Buick 5 passenger coupe and thinking I could make a conv out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55, F&J and kidcampbell71 like this.
  20. F&J

F&J

I have little money to donate to that custom conv, but like you should know by now, I have plenty of sawzall blades that I got ....wait for it.....free.. lmao

biggeorge and Hnstray like this.
  21. F&J

F&J

100_1927.JPG

22. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you for taking us with you on your travels around your neighborhood. Its sad to see a wonderful old house fall into disrepair . Hope the next owner will take care of it. What was the flat 4 cylinder engine Military use ?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  23. F&J

F&J

The entire homesite WILL be brought back to what it was when Moose's grandparents had the place.. Joe Green said from talk at the rfeunion, they bought it exactly 100 years ago, around 'late teens" he said. I walked with them down to the pond on that dirt road, and he explained which each walled area was once before, berries, potatoes, you name it...then trying for a Historic Grant to clear the trees like it all was back then, a clear view to the pond.

the barn structure resto back 10-12 years ago by the two bachelor Uncles, price paid by them were quoted over my visits as $50k to 95k$ by several different people, and "they did that work so the next generation did not have to". <<epic kinfolk??

a hamber friend here from out of state might end up with that Vietnam era 1967 Hercules flat four, used nowadays as hipo small airboat and offroad mud buggys this is the bigger of two models. the popular one.

24. catdad49

catdad49

Frank, the amount of cool old things that you come in contact with is amazing! I probably couldn't get past the excitement before I'd have to sit down. This is what keeps you going, always something new and exciting to discover. Try to pace yourself and all should be Good, Carp

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    F&J and Hnstray like this.
  25. F&J

F&J

Carp, it is still only Dec 6, the year is NOT done yet! More old stuff soon! Yes, I can pace myself. like right this moment, I need to be at advance auto parts lot at 7;30 opening time, get accel pump for camper van, 3.99 plus tax for the 10 year old reman carb that sat 10 years.. I do not need a pricey kit! or a new carb! then stop on the way back at Wreckers I met this year for a used tinted vent window that was broken out to get into the locked van by home repo crew...then be home in time for a guy my age to buy old vintage car sheetmetal parts to make indoor wall art...then joe g. may stop by, then maybe go to 12 valve daves place to see new woodstove to replace the yuppie one he got suckered into that I knew would not work... then while there. see if I can get hooked up with a 1970 vintage cutie for me...lol...I chatted her up really good when she was there to house clean...lol...plaid shirt,,,ummmmnn, and...she smokes a bit like me....lmfao...you go ahead and pace at age 66, no way, I ramp up to funner new life, I will not gear down to plan for my demise...ha, ha...oh, my son finally started to talk with me again after a week of silence after 2nd of two shit throwing screaming fights in a weeks time...lol...then I find out he is buying his first house soon, so see..i did not have to throw his lazy, too demanding of dad, butt out like I wanted too.... all is sweet if you let things ride... bye I gotta go to parts place. signed, crazy ass frank..,,,,,,,,,.''caps button'' not working today... lol

26. F&J

F&J

long freakin' day! I left for the auto parts place ar 7;25am, one guy was on the conuter, early, so be careful how I set him off?..ok, tell the truth! I DSAID>>>Hey, I am in no rush, I have the accel pump number from the always better-than-the parts guy...ok? oh, and I hope this place won't be all f'g laughing instead of finding parts like when me, bob jr and Cord Ron needed to mickey mouse that blown brake line? You guys just LOL-ed and WE had to find the parts! Ok, now he gets to looking, and I saw some cool old like signs in a new display, $9.95 each...ooops "old frank" still haunts! I picked out so many for friends, but I cannot afford them all, so I bought 3 for me instead! wow Christmas presents are done! No presents for anybody but me now! oh, he did have the 3.99 pump for my camper so I can move it! I paid cash baby!
    100_1966.JPG 100_1967.JPG 100_1968.JPG 100_1969.JPG

^^^^accel pump there and WTH? flyfish poles??? more on that soon..Ok, next stop nearby on way home but real close...I wanted to stop at Truck Country, formerly Coutu Auto Parts, I wanted to take pic of 1970 Ford truck rot free for my 23 yr old friend Cowboy Matt, also on FB. He was in hospital, nobody of our tribe knew why...hmnn, I said nice things at thanksgiving, said you get better, we WILL have our Meal no matter what date, OK? he finally said "this darn Tummer..." ok, he spelled wrong but told ME, not the gang! He has a truck like this, and my new friend Charlie-fred has a nice one too that I put up pics up on FB for Cowboy in the hospital!
    100_1959.JPG
    Ok, next stop was Mansfield Auto Parts, my new Polish friends own it now, many decades ago, Rob Coutu's Dad owned this yard!! Rob came to my shop back when I had my Diamond T 10 wheel long straight twin screw. He has several Diamond T's
    100_1961.JPG
    I get there at 8, nobody home! WTH? I wait for 15 minutes, nada..ok, no trespassing signs everywhere, but how would they know, if they aren't here, so I went browsing...
    100_1965.JPG
    I took a restroom break somewhere as I had too much coffee, JAMIE!! lol
    Ok, Blaze and older brother Dan showed up right then, tied up in traffic, they commute from Plainville in western Ct! Ok, no vent window for my Van, but Blaze checks and Bills of Tolland has one for $20, ok, I will go or send Joe Green, he did offer to run parts for me before. I did have $23 left! Oh, their Dad DID finally bring in the "old flyfish poles" found in attic when he came from Poland, he had seen poles in my sons truck once, so I asked that he not throw them away please! He keeps forgetting them, but now I have one morfe present...for my caring son...lol.
    100_1971.JPG
    ^^Payloader blocks the next Yard, Bill's in Tolland..
    100_1972.JPG
    ^^ gets out of my dam way, shoves car in the bay for rip and strip.
    100_1973.JPG
    ^^been there for years, it must be BILL! he aways wore USN navy white hat! look there to see something like it!
    100_1975.JPG
    ^^^ should be on my page or my home!
    100_1976.JPG
    100_1977.JPG
    ^^ did not see my wagon in the pic till uploaded!
    100_1979.JPG 100_1980.JPG

^^ok, see 1959? I walk in, and see younger guy on phone, polite as heck, suggesting to a caller of another yard that has the part needed. Just like Mansfield did!! Voice sounds so hinting, the I recall whem my son was freelancer/flipping, he did say Bills so Greg has a son working there! Ok, older counter guy says to me, can I help ypu, I point to young guy, no words needed. He gets done I say you sound like Greg, he said yes I am his son, I said I knew it! Itell story of in 1971 I saw greg as a young kid standing on the running board of a hotrod roadster I went to look at for sale, Bill was there with young Greg, and was told it might be 32 Ford roadster, was not, just the radiator, I bought it! My first ever 50s rod! Ha! then an older guy slipped into a desk chair I did not see, he says "I'm Greg" LOL, he now looks like his Dad, BILL!. I retell same story, then ask of his Dad, "he is great in Fla, now, still has beat the long ago cancer! 88 years young!! Ok, I wait for the son William to go out to warehose for vent window that now says $40 on their computer... I said maybe Blazes computer shows $20 is "slow today"! Lol. He comes in with a tire and wheel? WTH I said that vent window(tire) looks WRONG! It was in other hand, not just glass, but whole frame too! I said I will bring back the empty frame for $42 refund.. Got weird look but a smile from all.

I had asked WSilliam earlier and now Greg, if Grewg still has the 59 Ford skyliners from long ago, ? Nope, sold them years ago. I sai did your Dad try to get you into car collecting like he was? He thought, then said maybe so....but "i found out I am not a mechanic, and I like to sell parts". I see that 1959 sign, and recalled greg said he was born in 59 when I asked how old he was on the running board! So, greg was born when Bill left Middletown Ct from a co-yard by same name of Bills, with Bro-in-law Bill LOL...Bill fled for cheap land and taxes here! I used to see Bill at Hershey, oh, baby he likes to chat the cuties like I do now...he always checked out my"GF then Wife" later!! Ha, Ha

I hate to run OT posts like this, you guys love my trips,... but is not about my LaSalle!! I hope this one long one is the last, in respect for Hamb staff! MUCH more happened fun today,! LOTS

Page 2 of just todays adventures coming soon, will be last OT post.

27. F&J

F&J

Ok, rested up good, 2nd night of finally normal sleep, Why? Because my son is finally leaving for his new life in his own home if house deal goes through. He has been stressing me since moving back here maybe 3 years ago! Oh, and I say many times, I am a slow thinker, but I have seen recent signs that he just might have found "the new " "right girl"...lol. Hey, that is THE only way he can keep from losing the new home as he simply cannot afford more that 3 months before going into "foreclosure" SERIOUS! he must have a renter or GF living there!

Ok, as I left Bills in Tolland, headed home to use my only phone to tell Joe G not to go to Bills! OOOPs I stop to get half dozen donuts...damn, 2 guys see my old noisey waon pulling in, one is young, tall, half smiling...I put clutch in, rev it up!! lol, I get out and he is really grinning..he is VW dealer mechanic..ha, I give him my life history, now he says he will definitely stop in someday soon! Other guy wearing orange vest, I bust on him saying "you goin' hunting with orange vest"? He lol, then says he is there to do gas pump work, has his families one owner mint 67 Mustang, has a mild skip only when warm, will NOt let any modern shop tpouch it, then brags of finding old Leaded type gas. I hand him his ass, saying old American Gas station ONLY had unleaded back then! and now are renamed Amoco, like Bob jrs old station garage in Tolland...and many people preffered that "white gas" back then! He was shocked, then kept trying to go work, but kept bugging me waiting at the donut counter...finally I say, find an old time mechanic like me, up in East Long Meadow Mass, to find your skipping isuue...Ok, he walks away, but comes back one more time...to enter my name occupation & info on his cell! Shit, no wonder I can't get anything done for ME at home.

I try to get home before noon but I have time to stop in Coventry at 12 valve daves to see how the new woodstove is going, oh baby, the brunette goddess car is there, and Matt, and daves contractor that does the major remodel work on his 3 houses..I finally get home at 11:30 but a phone message from Joe G says he went to Bills, but they said they have absolutely NO IDEA about someone wanting or calling about an 1982 vent window!!! I was busting a gut listening to that message!!!! the fun loving crew at Bills were just messing with his head!!!! LMFAO here!!!

ok, I was also waiting to hear from a guy my age, Doug, I met at daves last week, he buys old car doors and tailgates to make indoor art! He was "planning" to come here for tin! Yes, he left a message too...well my lot starts to fill up, First the tin guy Doug, then Bob jr, then Joe G..he, he.. how 100_1981.JPG 100_1982.JPG 100_1983.JPG about 3-4 hours with air temps dropping like a rock, nobody WANTS to leave!!! all sorts of insults, jokes, stories..no wonder the Van never got that easy accel pump done!

ok, many people I know ask WHY was they no invited to these fun events?? I say it is simple, ypou cannot "try" to make stuff like this happen, these guys had a loose daily schedule, and just fate brought us together that afternoon... ok, Doug Bob and I find out that doug knows of "a guy in Lebanon Ct who does aircraft parting out and vintage parts too"..Well that is long time friend Bob P who finally downsized from huge 1700s farm and barns to a tiny home nearer to me! He helped me tie down the metal grates to my VW roof at the scrapyard for my Star doodle bug project this summer, he drew a map with his phone number..i misplaced it till last night. Ha, Bob jr came to my place yesterday so we could go visit him yesterday! So, I found the map late night, emailed Bob jr's wife to say that, along with so many other calls to there friends!! I called Bob P. just now, he will call back today'' 2 pm at latest" so just me will go, I told him I hate trying to get THREE people to match time to meet! He has not been to an estate in months!!, I tell people the estate stuff 'just happen SO quick", there is no time to try in vain, to get others hooked up!! See ya, I will try to install that Ford accel pump and move the van out back out of sight till spring...well..If nobody comes to waste my time! AGAIN, and again... hey, I must be unsociable and mentally ill like my 'family' insists...I say, come join us! Bye, friends, this is the last OT, I will tell these stories only in person...like one night last week at daves shop, all hell broke loose as Charlie Fred took out his phone, kept showing a new saved pic, added silly wacky descriptions to each of us there...no plans, it just happened. We were laughing so hard..my gut hurt! pic below as it just started after dave got off the dam phone!
    100_1937.JPG

I don't care if these two posts seem erratic, I did my best to write, ok? so many other things happened yesterday, like calls from Mary, about her old beater Vw issues, I pretended I had no idea who the F' "Mary" was, as I said I had just had a 2nd trip to the nut house! << oh dear, my son would freak out reading this post! ... my gut hurts again! oh, shit ...2018 begins shortly ...I am not sure I can handle a new full year of this mayhem!

28. Frank, now that that van has sat with fuel in the carb, maybe the pump "softened" up and will work now?

29. F&J

F&J

Wow, them boys at the new wrecking place were right about "western Ct full of idiots"...Lol, lighten up Ted, but geez, WHY would I care if the pump did or did not squirt down the bores if I ONLY wanted to move it around back to make room for snow plies that won't come...(I hope). Seriousley, Ted? ...It lealks SO bad out the rotted diaphragm that even whack-ass 'Fire Starter Frank" is iffy on it going up in flames when the gas goes all the way back onto the Left exhaust manifold!!
    100_1987.JPG
    I went back to there, but I need to keep the wrong one for Cowboy Matt, they did find a "Standard motor products" number as well as OEM Ford number, but I will cap it off for now. Oooohhh a counter cutie, I said marry me, she oh-boy gave that nasty look! She is a car GIRL, been to several schools I think! Does high performance work and home made mods.. wow, too young for me, like maybe my grand daughter, , but that was just a compliment she NOW knows for sure. nice person, great with customers on phone, I saw.

Ted, I took the rotted one out even though the web search and store computer gave the wrong one!!! LOL, I will cap it off with gasket tomorrow then drive it out behind the big shop. Ok, went to that friend that downsized...hmmnnnn I was going to make that longer but very skinny welding tank cart, right? Oh, out in his piles of crap, looky there!!! Priced at, wait for it.....LMFAO...

100_1984.JPG 100_1986.JPG