Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Almost Funny - AWB Barracuda Funny Car Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by squirrel, Nov 27, 2017.

1. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:eek: Christ on a crutch.Squirrel is at it again.This is going to be a fun trip.I`ll saddle up and go along for the ride.
    Good luck.have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

chryslerfan55, els and loudbang like this.
  2. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

Just go ahead and start itching and scratching now. That way you'll be ahead of the game when you start working the glass

chryslerfan55, els and squirrel like this.
  3. billsat

billsat

Can you even hear the radio in an eight second street car? Just kidding, but looking forward to seeing how this project turns out.

els and loudbang like this.
  4. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

392? If so, I may have some parts to get you started.

Willy_P and els like this.
  5. squirrel

squirrel

no, it needs to be the 1960s Hemi.

I'd like to find an aluminum block, 4.5" bore, stock cam location, lifter oiling for hydraulics, etc. New ones are kind of pricey, but if I can't find a used one, I'll get a new one.

There are several heads I could use, but the Edelbrock heads look like they fit what I'm planning, pretty well.

6. That's not funny!

7. tuned in! should be loads of fun !

els likes this.
  8. gene-koning

gene-koning

I had a 65 Barracuda for 4 or 5 years. It was a 318 4 speed car. Lots of fun. My wife tells me she would like one to drive around now. Around here, people are trying to get gold for rusted junk.
    Build on brother, we all will be watching! Gene

9. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

You getting tired of reaching the distributor now.:D

raven, mad mikey, kiwijeff and 5 others like this.
  10. AHotRod

AHotRod

This is gonna be good .....

els likes this.
  11. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

Count me in too. I always liked those early 'Cudas and Squirrels ideas and skills should make it a project well worth watching.

els and brad2v like this.
  12. Latigo

Latigo

Run Squirrel Run!

chryslerfan55 and els like this.
  13. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I really like these kind of builds, some of my favorite car were from this era. We'll be watching.

els likes this.
  14. Hot Damn!! Squirrels building another race car! Subscribed

15. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

You don't watch much TV do you.

16. Gotta love a diehard street/racer.....

Go Squirrel GO!

17. This is gonna be cool, MoPar cool!

els likes this.
  18. Hombre

Hombre

You can when you run the radio's Squirrel use's on his road trips. Like this! squirrel.jpg

19. KeithA31

KeithA31

I think Almost Funny is a great name

This is Keith, talked to you at the GG show a couple weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

20. I have some h-beam rods new in the box for a 4.5 stroker. i also have a 3-rib enderle hat with barrel valve. I have a electric water pump that bolts to the block new in the box. there are several other pieces laying around here as well. the kb block you need has plugs in the side of it. kb made this block in the 80s when pro mod had to run a water block. the rules were changed shortly after and the block was discontinued. so look for pro mod racers getting rid of stuff. I would check race junk. I will see ken lazzarri at pri next week. he is the head engine builder at indy cylinder heads. they would buy out race teams then sell it piece by piece. I have gotten several good cranks from them in the past. you can also try john dunn from dunn and gone racing he has a web site. they are from around indy. cavielery racing is also a big buyer and seller. I think they are out of Nebraska. I have also had good luck with them in the past. its surprising how cheap it is to build a hemi if used fuel parts are bought. there is a lot on the used market. I will talk to some guys I know on a used lenco. they rotate them out after a few seasons. call me first before you buy. there were several changes on lencos over the years. make sure you get the big spags. the old small spags have not been available for years. to convert over costs big cash. helicopter sprags are the newest design. you might want to review my lenco section of my build. you know how to get ahold of me for help im around ready to assist.

21. ryno

ryno

cool. looking forward to seeing you run drag week!

els likes this.
  22. jaw22w

jaw22w
    from Indiana

AAAHHH! Racing! I love it. Been doing it my whole life. The process of turning Benjamins into noise.

23. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Damni it Squrriel. When I build something I like to have someone to beat, this time it was you. I just picked up some motor parts, that I hope gets me into the low 9's in a street legal 30's truck, well looks like I better put my big boy pants on for this one. Your timeline is putting you in the driver seat before me, good luck. Maybe we will get to go at each other someday.
    Tony

24. wvenfield

wvenfield

25. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I know you have a plan and know what you want to do. But I just wanted to mention that Al Teague mentioned some advantages to the Stage V heads on an iron 440 block. Said the mains stayed in line better. Cost was another.

HEMI32, mad mikey, els and 2 others like this.
  26. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Killer. Subscribed!

els likes this.
  27. Arias hemi heads on a BBC?

mad mikey and els like this.
  28. This will be fun to watch!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

29. I like the conversion head idea. the problem with them is the 440 block will break between the mains and cam with the power they can produce. essecially in a blown application. the hemi block is a much better block that can withstand more power. I broke three 440s in one season. after I switched to the hemi I had no more problems. a aluminum block is even better yet.

30. I don't think the arias head is capable of water. I think its a billet head.

chryslerfan55, els and loudbang like this.