Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods rod shops near me (Texas)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by retro rodder, Nov 26, 2017.

1. retro rodder

retro rodder
    from cape cod

After a long hiatus I have returned to the Hamb. I have recently moved to Huntsville Texas from south eastern Massachusetts having been forced to follow my wife's career. While in New England I was fortunate enough to work extensively with the Helger Bros, NHRA, New England Dragway and TEN network. So what is there in terms of hot rod, race, and speed shops in the area as well as events and cruises nights. Thank you

KKrod and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm not sure as I moved back up here from Central Texas in 1977. I know that there was a real active rod club in the Huntsville area in the 70's as we went to one of their events as a club back then. Best thing would be to network a bit and hit some cruise nights or rod trots in the area and ask around.
    If you have never lived in Texas before one thing you quickly discover is that Texas rodders of all flavors and interests don't let miles get in the way of going to events. 100 + miles one way to an afternoon event is nothing for those guys and 600 miles one way doesn't bother them much if the event is good. Hell they will drive 150 miles just for good beer an barbecue and think nothing of it.

Texas Webb likes this.
  3. Never2low

Never2low

Brian Bass, is up in the Dallas area.
    Austin Speed Shop
    HAMB headquarters near Austin
    They're all a bit of a drive, but as Mr48 pointed out, it's a big state, everything is a bit of a drive.

4. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WHEN you get to Austin to visit Austin Speed Shop, ask them about Top Notch Burgers on Burnet Rd. It is the place where the Austin rodders frequent on Fri/Sat. nights, among other locations, but it is the most popular. Welcome to Texas. You can probably sell all your foul weather gear, and for sure your snow tires and chains ! P.S. Overdrive transmissions are fairly common among our rides, for obvious reasons, no bull.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    micksmith likes this.

5. IMG_0458.JPG You are within 50 miles from a quality true hot rod shop named Bruce's Rod Shop in Spring,Tx. Bruce is the owner and his son Danny is a great fabricator.Shop phone number is 281-376-5932. Tell them flathead John from College Station sent you.Really nice people that turn out some quality cars and work. Flatheads Forever!

belair, treb11, kidcampbell71 and 2 others like this.
  6. Welcome to Texas,we've got hot rodders all over Texas and driving weather almost all year.

7. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

Welcome to Texas... No shame in following your wife's career. X 2 what Flathead John said about Bruce and Danny.. A word to the wise, we don't give a coyotes ass how they did it "back east"

8. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

Let me know if we can help you in any way.

Danny
    Bruce’s Rod Shop

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.