Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage a ride before they start salting the roads.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tb33anda3rd, Nov 26, 2017.

1. got up and decided to take the car for a quick ride. not too cold and a little overcast made for good lighting so i brought the camera.
    started running north up rte 7 along the Housatonic river through Gaylordsville to Kent where i stopped to check out the falls. IMG_1513.JPG IMG_1513.JPG IMG_1514.JPG IMG_1518.JPG

2. then i headed to Cornwall bridge where i stopped to take a photo. IMG_1522.JPG

Fern 54, TFoch, Pufff and 25 others like this.
  3. at the next picnic area i saw a Ford parked by the river and stopped to say hi. His wife was keeping warm in the car while he was out for a hike so i took a couple photos and left before saying hi to him. IMG_1524.JPG
    IMG_1525.JPG

Fern 54, TFoch, upfberg and 26 others like this.
  4. as i was getting back on rte 7 i pulled out behind an older, pale yellow Porche. i could not keep up with him, the road follows the river at this point and is really windy, i could make ground on the straights but there just was too many curves.............i caught up to him in west cornwall where he stopped to take photos also. i didn't take a picture of his car but he was taking advantage of the salt free roads like i was. IMG_1528.JPG IMG_1530.JPG

TFoch, Pufff, biggeorge and 21 others like this.

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Sounds like a nice way to close the season.

6. now this is a good spot to turn and head back home which would have made for a "quick ride", like i told my wife.............the roads were empty, the weather was good and the stroked small block just wanted to go............so i kept going.
    rte 128 to rte 43, north 63, back on rte 7 NORTH! south Canaan became Canaan then the Massachusetts line, Ashley Falls, Shefield, you should hear this motor run up the hill to Great Barrington, Ringsdale, love the sound and the way the car rides................
    i stopped to take a photo in front of "The Red Lion Inn", famous for being in the Norman Rockwell painting "Stockbridge at Christmas" IMG_1532.JPG

Jet96, TFoch, Pufff and 23 others like this.
  7. Lovely day, lovely car, lovely drive.
    Covered bridges included the countryside looks a lot like parts of Oregon.

loudbang and tb33anda3rd like this.
  8. i don't know if it was the snow flurries or i just came out of my "hot rodding" mindset but i decided to head back home.............of course i went the long way.......
    rte7 south, 63, 202 into Litchfield, 209 in Bantam through Lakeside, 109 into Washington Depot, then Washington, to the dog house. IMG_1534.JPG

TFoch, Pufff, biggeorge and 20 others like this.
  9. 2935ford

2935ford

Nice run!

Season is over here for me.
    A couple of very frosty mornings and the salt went down!
    Ugh.....the long winter is upon us. :(

Denns1989 and loudbang like this.
  10. it sure felt good.......

Oregon is one of the four states i have not been to, i look forward to a P.N.W. trip some daay

usually the town crew bastards would have been looking for some overtime, first and every chance they get they get before the holidays they're turning the roads white.........i love those guys.....

loudbang and ct1932ford like this.
  11. A RIDE BEFORE THEY START SALTING THE ROADS.

Holly Sh#t they did that two weeks ago here in New York!:mad::mad::mad:

13. Nezzy51

Nezzy51

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. Did my run yesterday, but a good forecast for this week may need to get the roadster out!:cool:

15. Nezzy51

Nezzy51

It has been mild here in Minnesota and it is going to be 60 degrees tomorrow but the salt is already down from snow and ice a few weeks ago. You had a good day!

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks Ted, great photos, thanks for sharing the ride.

Bob

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  17. 4wd1936

4wd1936
    from NY

That is one gorgeous car, surely want to keep that one out of the salt.

18. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Nice looking 33 Cheby!

loudbang likes this.
  19. ...took my 47 p.u. out for a run last week, took a few pics at an old corn crib and a barn,...this week looks good also, mite go fer another drive,...I don't put my trucks away if the roads are dry...
    47 drive 11-22-17 001.jpg 47 drive 11-22-17 005.jpg 47 drive 11-22-17 010.jpg

Pufff, biggeorge, Król and 20 others like this.
  20. bummer! you are in a beautiful area tho.....

damn salt.

your welcome and thanks

thanks.

thanks

good looking truck

loudbang likes this.
  21. They could repair Bonneville with what we have no the roads already!

22. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Nice work Ted and thank you for reporting in on it. I took the pickup out yesterday for a nice run by as you know; no pics so it didn't happen.

Also started up the model A and ran it for a while. Hate to see these cars sit because as the song say: they are born to run.

Happy Thanksgiving!

loudbang, Stogy and tb33anda3rd like this.
  23. i didn't get a picture of her.

yikes, i actually think they salted the hill into Great Barrington, i plan to give it a good wash down before putting it away.

your welcome and happy thanksgiving to you!

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  24. My car is up on jacks, although I've thought about taking it out again. I saw a convertible galaxie 500 out yesterday. The top was up, but...still looked like fun. Thanks for sharing your trip.:)

loudbang likes this.
  25. i did pass a guy on a motorcycle, he was bundled up pretty well.

loudbang likes this.
  26. Only 1,000 R.P.M. crossing a one lane covered bridge?
    Haven't you ever seen any fifties B hot rod movies?

Early Ironman, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  27. hah, i am stopped at the stop sign, actually waiting my turn through the bridge. car idles at 1100.

Robert J. Palmer, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  28. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

That Ford guy was hiding behind a tree, humbled by sound of the mighty '33 Chevy. ;)

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  29. topher5150

topher5150

I don't know what the motorcycleing is like by you, but it seems like in my side of Michigan if there isn't snow on the ground and it's above freezing you'll see a motorcycle

j3harleys, loudbang and tb33anda3rd like this.
  30. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

They've already thrown that crap out, here in Northern ILL. too. I HATE road salt. :mad::mad::mad:

It's great that you were able to take the Chevy out for a cruise, though. :D:D:D

loudbang, Stogy and tb33anda3rd like this.