Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally found it....32 ford 5 window....**lots more pics added per request** Post #77

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by clutch-burner, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Love the 5ers, too...those wheels go right with the 396 and Chevy rear! Ditch that stuff and put a nice drive train in. The gods will laugh.

2. FIFTY2

FIFTY2

On the south side of FM5 where it runs east and west...

Ive been watching it for years, just never had the time or money to stop and look....

Glad you got it!

3. FIFTY2

FIFTY2

[​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. Nice. This car was probably less than 10 miles from me. Glad you found it, had I found it I wouldn't been able to buy it anyway.

5. clutch-burner

clutch-burner

I actually noticed it on google maps too and got a bit of a chuckle out of it. Been busy with the 32 everyone. Got the entire floor removed, lifted the body, boxed all the frame rails, made proper x braces and driveshaft loop. Made a nice adjustable transmission mount. Acquired a new transmission. Fixed the motor mounts. For the 396 out and disassembled. No issues just needs a good hot tank and new rings n bearings.
    That's about it so far.
    Next is to tackle the master cylinder and brake pedal assembly
    Unfortunately I think my trunk lid is beyond salvage

6. Jmasseur

Jmasseur
    from nh

That's a fantastic ride!! Someone here has to have a 32 GRILLE for ya!! Put some Buick fin's on the front of that ride.. Are you going to chop it??

7. Likes it, and just up the road from us southern guys. I'll start looking behind old houses round here.

8. clutch-burner

clutch-burner

Actually I wasn't planning on it. All the wood inside is still in fantastic shape and I kinda wanted to leave it alone. And being 6 ft 2 tall I barely fit in when I sat in it so I think a chop isn't in the future. I was just gonna fix everything on it and drive the snot out of it
    Got all the framerails boxed in and additional x members and adjustable transmission mount made. Cleaned up the motor mounts and framerails and all that is "squared" away now

9. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

I'm with khead, buy a big lotto ticket NOW!! Great find!

10. clutch-burner

clutch-burner

Hi all

Still here....just been dealin with life lately. So we got all moved and finally started getting everything in its place and I have actually been able to make some progress on my 32. I have cleaned and boxed the entire frame, made new transmission mount, made new motor mounts, installed working transmission and got the rebuilt motor installed also. (this motor was actually slated for my Camaro hence the orange paint...will be repainted soon) I have cleaned and rebuilt the front suspension, and am about to get ready to rebuild the rear

Its getting there slowly

heres some recent pics

Attached Files:

11. clutch-burner

clutch-burner

Just found this old thread of mine.
    I finally got to drive it the other day. Couple quick times around the block thenback in the garage. Still need front brakes as there isn’t anything there at all. Almost every operating system in the car has been replaced now. I built all the interior. Couple more pieces is all that’s left. Gonna work on her this winter and will be ready by spring.
    More pics

Attached Files:

spurgeonforge likes this.
  12. FIFTY2

FIFTY2

Glad to see some progress! Believe it or not, I was thinking about this thread the other day when i was debating jumping on a great deal on an unfinished project... I thought about all the times I drove past that 32 and never asked if it was for sale!
    So I guess I should thank you for the 50!

Attached Files:

13. clutch-burner

clutch-burner

Fifty2
    That thing is sick man. Glad you jumped on it... definately a cool ride

14. clutch-burner

clutch-burner

Well it’s been awhile and this is what she looks like now. She is street legal and everything works as it should and I even got a clean title for it. I have since put 700 trouble free miles on her since I got her up and running. Runs and drives great on 2 lane or freeway roads

Attached Files:

FIFTY2 and The37Kid like this.