Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1934 Ford Grille ~ I think,what's it worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Nov 21, 2017.

1. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I would say that is probably closer to being $400-600 grille shell easy.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  2. A Boner

A Boner

10 days!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. wvenfield

wvenfield

Someone that has an intention to use this in it's non restored condition will see the value as far more than the person who wants and has to pay for a restoration.

We may not think a lot of the cars those guys build but they will pay for what they want.

Hnstray, catdad49 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  4. This thread is getting hilarious.
    Let's just pretend you do this for a living and that you work here.
    I'd say-
    Just Take 10 mins and knock as much ugly off of it as you can. Stick to the easy stuff, the low hanging fruit.

You'd say -
    It can't be done !!

I'd say -
    Well maybe I should call my little sister and see if she's busy. She could do it and wouldn't even whine about it.
    Maybe I'll drop it off at the old folks home and see if they have time to pick at it. That will free you up to other more important things. How does that sound to you?

Then you'd say
    It takes 10 days!!!

Then I'd say -
    hey , try it, see what happens.

And then I walk away -

Right about now you're thinking did I mean try to get 10 days out of this little project and see what happens or did I mean try to get some of it off in 10 mins and see how far you get or see what happens.
    Either way I'm ok with it because in 10 mins I'll be over it. You'll be doing something else in 10 mins either way because it will be de fuzzed like I wanted or you'll be looking for another job like you wanted. Simple and everyone is happy especially the customer who got what he wanted.

5. mbrede

mbrede
    from Minnesota

I'm with everyone else so far........ between $0 - $600

Nostrebor and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  6. Yep.....you don't need it - point....you know what it's kinda worth - point.....and you know what a 32 shell is worth in this condition - don't need to point.....so low ball him....all he can do is not ask you back !

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Too rough, don't buy it.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. Budget36

Budget36

You have a blasting cabinet as I recall, have them come over and clean it up, see how it comes out, go from there.

Might make a decent painted driver, probably would not make it to a show chrome piece.

Shoot, I can't afford chrome anyways, I'd just want something I could wind up with that would paint nicely, even with some elbow work after blasting it.

I bring this up because I'm sure I'm not the only one who can't afford a $2K Henry grill to bolt on a show car;)

9. Pete, I paid 20.00 for this one a couple months ago, but it’s pretty toast. I’ve bought them in the 1-200 range in the past, but they were all rough.

The one on my roadster is as nice of an original I have ever seen and I paid 1800.00 for it.

590B256C-603B-4163-9BE3-D2FB8BB7AECB.jpeg

10. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Ten years ago I paid $750 for this wavy original so that rusty grill has to be worth $400-$500 easy............I too would love to see $100 '34 car grill because I would buy it as wall art.
    36 Roadster.jpg

11. A Boner

A Boner

My bad, I meant to say 10 hours.

chryslerfan55 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  12. Xtrom

Xtrom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Forman, ND

This grille brought $500 at an auction this summer. I believe it went to a fella in Australia that was over here buying some stuff. IMG_0247.JPG

chryslerfan55 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  13. Xtrom

Xtrom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Forman, ND

IMG_0711.JPG
    I gave $400 for this '33 5 years ago.

14. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Reverse electrolysis would be a perfect start to cleaning that up. Straighten the crooked bits and then have it copper plated. Fill pits with solder and sand to perfection. Send to chrome shop while you go to the bank to arrange a loan. Get loan and then go and pay the chrome shop and retrieve your grill. Easy Peesy!

Thor1, chryslerfan55 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  15. chryslerfan55 likes this.
  16. 34Larry

34Larry

[​IMG]
    This looks like the 34 grill should look.

17. There’s a grill?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Budget36 likes this.
  18. Budget36

Budget36

Effer can't spell;)

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  19. Okay ya got me. Har d har har.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Budget36 likes this.
  20. Squablow

Squablow

I bought this one off of eBay over the summer and with the shipping it ended up being exactly $199 It's pretty fucked up but I'm confident I can fix it to put on my '34, even if it has to be painted. I've made replacement bars by flattening bicycle fender braces believe it or not, they work out near perfect. I was very happy with the price, I had been kicking myself for missing out on a similar one for $300+ship that had the radiator cap "tongue" piece hacked off.

I think the one in question would bring $300-$400 retail on the internet. What some of you guys think is worthless really blows my mind.

20171122_193202.jpg

21. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

^^^ You follow up with this within 2 hours of your original post. I think you're just pulling our chain to get all us 34 guys to debate grille prices. :cool:

22. 34Larry- my wife caught me taking pictures of “cars” like that too..

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.