Register now to get rid of these ads!

Spam Social Groups > DFSDFSDFSDFS

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by HOTFR8, Sep 21, 2017.

1. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Ryan , Mods,

I see a mass ( I count 44 but there may be more) off new social groups all set to private. The names are all like the following > DFSDFSDFSDFS

If it is any thing like the SPAM on the Garage Journal they will be from Asia, South Korea or Vietnam.

Feel free to delete this post once the spam social groups have been removed as this topic is not what the forum is about.

2. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

3. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

4. They are still there. I definitely would not try and open one.

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Zapped them........

ls1yj, dirt t, wraymen and 2 others like this.
  6. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Good to know. Just had a message from another Mod about them. Set to private would most likely be a good thing as who knows what rubbish or bad links they had posted in them.

7. It won't hurt anything to open the post in one of the threads here. In fact, you have to in order to report the offending post. What you don't want to do is click on any of the links that are included in the spam post. :mad:

8. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

All of the groups had been set to private so you could not access them or make a report on any post made in the social groups. This is a case of having to report them this way so those Mods involved could delete and ban those involved setting up the groups. Only the Mods can tell us what was posted but do we really want to know!

From a conversation sent to me I can see it was a group effort by a couple of Mods to deal with what I first posted so this is a good time to say the work they do is appreciated in looking after the HAMB to make it a safe place for us to enjoy. Thanks guys.

9. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

10. That would explain the difference in reporting the spam threads in the Social Groups. :oops: I hadn't thought about the fact that they could be set for private viewing only. But I think some members here are concerned about even opening what looks like a spam thread in the open forums.

11. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Zapped...........

Unlike the main board where it takes 1 click to delete spam, and one click to delete ( Ban ) the spammer.

The Social Groups are different.
    The Spammer while banned - it didn't automatically delete the spam post or the social forum itself.
    It took 4 manual steps to delete each spam and social forum itself.......

Sorry the list of 44 DFSFS Bullshit stayed posted for a while.
    It took me a while to track the sequence to get the spammer deleted, then the spam and the finally the social forum itself deleted.

wraymen likes this.
  12. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

It is not easy to report a post you can not see but was easy to post here about what I could see as that way it could be dealt with.

Being a Moderator on the Garage Journal I know exactly what you are saying and why I posted how all the work is appreciated. Glad you have dealt with them.

ClayMart and wraymen like this.
  13. I have been reporting spam posts but thought of the social groups as more of a link than a post so I didn't try. Great job getting rid of all the health elixir spam corncobcoupe, I am a little disappointed that I missed the opportunity to have younger looking skin and grow my hair back though.

14. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

15. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

DSADSADSADSADSADSADADSA Another ten of these all set to private and this one is showing as active.

16. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Sorry for the delay - it is a manual multi step time consuming process to delete the social forum SPAM groups.
    I deleted all the DFS / DSA SPAM crap in all the categories that I could see.
    If you see any more - let me know.....thanks.

Thanks,

17. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Is there any way you can stop them opening these groups? It would save a lot of work.

18. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Afraid not - not I......
    Ryan has that control.
    But it is very challenging to stop SPAM....

Most of you fellas see maybe a handful that gets through......maybe 1%.

In my previous discussions with Ryan the HAMB gets pummeled nightly with thousands, if not tens of thousands of SPAM hits nightly.

Crazy stuff -

19. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

I see the same thing as a Mod on Ryan's other Forum the Garage Journal so I know what you are saying. I have not seen them set up social groups like they do here.

20. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

21. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

22. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

23. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

24. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

25. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

26. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

27. I looked and this is all I see. HRP

The H.A.M.B. - Error

28. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I zapped them the other day.

29. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Good to see an error as that means they have been dealt with.

30. Looks to me like Ryan could make it a little harder to join to be able to make postings.As it stands now
    all it takes is "male"or "femle" on your profile and your in....Last I looked,the membership stands at a little over 310,000...not quite the "HAMB family" as it once was..
    Make them answer a question on their profile application that only a Usual user would know,efore they are allow to make any postings...Question like...Who is Ryan Cochran?....spammer not likely to be able to answer that.

HOTFR8 likes this.