Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hey a new ride ! , my 1936 Ford 3 Window Coupe(interior completed !)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, Nov 9, 2017.

1. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3 window coupe was body type 68-720 (68 designates 1936). The Phaeton was 68-750; Cabriolet was 68-760; 5w coupe was 68-770; Tudor sedan was 68-700; Fordor sedan was 68-730; Roadster was 68-710

No idea what a "67" was. 1935 models were "48-" and 1937's were "78"

2. Thank you TagMan !

Order some new tires today with tubes... Hmm need to paint the rims... Going to be black for sure... But I want to replicate the striping that was on the rims. One broad strip with thin stripe on either side...may need to see about having them striped again

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Pufff and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. Thank you !, ordered some new skins for it today. want to get the tires taken care of... I want to have a few different wheel and tire combo's .. along with some 16" hubcaps (Lyons , etc)

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. Timing permitting, going to have some new tires mounted today. Also clean up the hub caps to boot tires16.jpg Lyon cap.jpg . ( thank you again @RainierHooker )

6. keywestjack

keywestjack
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Pittsburgh

7. Maineac 1

Maineac 1

Very nice !! I think I'd own that one til they threw dirt on top of me ! lol

8. priorlyon.jpg 1119ford.jpg 1119ford2.jpg View attachment 3720792 will I crossed this off the list of things I wanted done... The white wall were toast... I love taking old shit to the tire shop to M & B... Thank goodness old school was there to teach the newbie tire guys how to do it right... better pics this afternoon priorlyon.jpg View attachment 3720626

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  9. bct

bct

That's a sexy ride. Have fun!

10. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

Slowly but its going somewhere!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. need to check it out sometime

12. Ranchero59

Ranchero59

Nice ride. Nothen better than 3 window 36. Have fun.

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dang, Rob you come up with all the cool stuff. That car looks real familiar. Was it ever at the Run to Roslyn in the 80's. I had a friend about that much older than me that I would see at Roslyn and another event or two a year who had one then.

14. Jibs

Jibs

If it were my car, I would clean or paint the wheels and leave it alone, DONE! priorlyon.jpg

nunattax likes this.
  15. murpa

murpa
    from .

My Favorite Car 36 3 window. You Got It Made !!

16. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Fat Fender'd Ford. Black on Blackwalls with Lyon caps. Seems familiar.

I'm still jealous...

17. Same car? If so great score. I love me some '35-'36 3-Windows!

IMG_3497.JPG

exterminator and akoutlaw like this.
  19. Didn't get the five spokes with the car. The seal conversions was removed and stock reflectors and glass lenses put back in... I kind of liked the seal beam conversion.. may look into going back to that.. But for now I'll leave it...

20. Whitewalls would really compliment those caps!

21. To late Chris, It's all your fault now...lol... wide whites are for roadsters...ha ha ha..

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  22. 36maggedout.jpg So I borrowed this picture from Rocket's Hot Rod Garage prior post.. This picture shows my 36(5 spokes at the time) with the seal beam conversion on the car.. It now has been converted back to reflector and glass lenses.. On the fence if I want to go with the seal beam conversion again or not. maybe just leave it... Not sure how hard it is to find the conversion parts.. What do you all think ?

23. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you drive a lot at night, it'd probably a good idea to install sealed beams. If your driving is mostly to a cruise night, leave it be. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.....

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  24. had it out the other night after having the tires done... and may need to go back to a sealed beam for better lighting...so will a 7" seal beam bolt right in ? or will it need a conversion kit ? Thank you

25. I assume you are 12 volts (correct me if I am wrong). I would go with the "Brite" bulbs from Ron Francis Wire Works, https://www.ronfrancis.com, (800) 292-1940. Search the site for "Brite". They should go right into your original sockets. If your reflectors need to be replated do it but don't go for aftermarket reflectors as I have heard of many of them having problems. If you try to run sealed beams behind the lens the lens will defocus the light making them useless. Without the lens the sealed beams will look funny. I think the hub caps you show in post #65 are overpowering and I don't think they look good one the car (maybe that is just me).

Charlie Stephens

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    4speed_mopars likes this.
  26. I will check on the bulbs for sure..The car had already been converted back to original lights.so the reflectors are most likely reproduction..will need to look and see..thanks for the tip.. I dig the caps , not flashy just simple clean with the black walls..

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

27. What the heck, try the reflectors, there is nothing to lose. If the headlight don't seem to be focused check there first.

Charlie Stephens

28. Will do I'll take one apart and see what I have this weekend. thank you

29. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

I like those 40 bumpers on there, I have a pair to install on mine but this is the first example I’ve seen. Nice car!

30. Thank you, they tucked them in closer on the 36 when it was built..I like this kustom touch for sure.