Register now to get rid of these ads!

Did my thread get deleted?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by TheWill, Nov 12, 2017.

1. TheWill

TheWill
    from AL

I had a thread asking about swapping a new motor into my 50 model Chevy fleetline and now I can't find it anywhere and my activity in my profile doesn't show it.

2. If it was a LS motor, those aren't traditional....

3. TheWill

TheWill
    from AL

I honestly can't remember if I put it in this forum or the custom. I checked the thread for rules but can't find any trace of my previous thread.

4. squirrel

squirrel

Don't matter which forum, if you asked about putting too new of an engine in your car, it's off topic for the HAMB, in general.

But I didn't see your deleted thread. And yes, it was deleted, if it doesn't show up in your profile.

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

what kind of motor?

...maybe you forgot to hit enter.

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

do you still have the black 1950 2 door sedan?

7. TheWill

TheWill
    from AL

That's a bummer! Had some really good info in it. I do still have the 1950 2 door fleetline.

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

the black car from your intro is a Styline Special 2 Door Sedan. a Styline Deluxe would have more chrome trim.
    " Fleetline" is the fastback body style.

9. TheWill

TheWill
    from AL

Oh well crap I thought it was a fleetline. Learn new stuff everyday!

10. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

49-52 Fleetlines, 2 and 4 door models, are Fastbacks, but with the 41-48 Fleetlines, only the 2 doors are fastbacks. And the 41 does not have the stainless ribs on the fenders. Just a bit of trivia, here.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

hotrodharry2 likes this.
  11. TheWill

TheWill
    from AL

Here are some newer pics!

Attached Files:

12. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

And, to add to the trivia, the ‘41/‘48 Fleetline 4 door models have the 5 window formal roof, vs the 7 window on the other models. A really good looking sedan body, IMO.

Ray

jcmarz likes this.
  13. I think if you spend enough time here, you will have a post or thread deleted, nothing personal, it's just an editorial decision.. to use Ryan's words.

I think my first thread deleted was when Boyd Coddington died. I posted a thread without searching and it was gone pretty quick.

14. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

They are usually referred to as a "German Helmet".

Hnstray likes this.
  15. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

Maybe it was the non traditional turn signals.

16. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

One thing that I forgot to mention was that there was no 2 door fleetline in 1941. Only a 4 door model.

17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It totally amazes me that anyone who has been a member since May 20, 2010 doesn't understand the rules on what is traditional and what is non traditional and gets the thread booted.
    As far as that OT engine that doesn't jive here. The guys on this board could give a rip and I think there is a section for those engines installed in just about anything http://www.hotrodders.com/
    Damn that frigging visor is ugly. last 50 Chevy I had came with one and I folded it up and stuffed it in the trash barrel.

Moriarity and X38 like this.
  18. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

It was probably the "fake" bullet hole decals; real bullet holes are acceptable however. But seriously, we've all had something deleted at least once. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

hotrodharry2, clem and jcmarz like this.
  19. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

True there, If you haven't had a thread deleted you just haven't posted enough threads. Off topic will almost always get a boot.

20. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

It is character building...

Surfcityrocker likes this.
  21. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

Shoot, that visor is the coolest part on that old car. Without that it would look like the the guy that started the campfire with gas after too many Budweisders.... bald including his eyebrows. hahaha

TheWill and jcmarz like this.
  22. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Well, you threw a few Bens away. ONE MAN'S JUNK, IS ANOTHER MAN'S TREASURE!

23. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I did not see your thread. did you mention mustang 2 IFS? or an LS motor? both of these are off topic and possible reasons for deletion. also this thread should be in the questions and suggestions section...

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  24. TheWill

TheWill
    from AL

Yeah I agree it definitely should have been put there but I was just trying to create it in the place that i thought my previous post had been deleted. I love the visor on the car i think its awesome and the turn signals will be gone as soon as i get the wiring sorted out.

I did mention LS and I did mention mustang 2 IFS. I have had the car since 2010 which is when i became a member but life happened and i havent been on this forum since the last post asking about a 6 volt conversion and I have done much to the car other than maintenance and driving it. I was specifically just curious what front ends and rear ends would mate up to this car for a V8 swap. I know that its not what some would do but its the direction i would like to go.

25. Deleted threads,you can have some of mine,I have enough I can share! :D HRP

ClayMart likes this.