Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 55 ford hot rods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A_Burly_Wind, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Trying to get some inspiration for my fairlane and seems customs are the norm with these, anyone got pics of hot rodded 55 failanes? vics?

biggeorge and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. MO_JUNK, zzford, 32Tudor396 and 2 others like this.
  3. Thats what im thinking sir. I really wanted to see em with blackwall tires and not some sort off hubcap.

zzford and chryslerfan55 like this.

4. If you want to get a larger rear tire under one without it scraping most of the time, you'll need to radius the rear wheel openings. These have really small rear wheelhouses... Tough to do because of the sculptured 'lip', but looks great when done right.

5. Im undecided on keeping my steel wheels or going with some mags. Ive got the aerostar springs and some blocks but im thibking it may be lower than i want so may not use those now that i see some of these examples.

Sent from my LGLS775 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. any more pics guys? especially cars on slot mags ?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. This is one of the best looking 55 Fords I ever saw. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Now that is damn near perfect, the stance is right, the wheels are right, thats exactly what Im thinking of.

zzford and czuch like this.
  9. I'm in this camp.
    55 Fairlane.jpg

fiveoh108, MO_JUNK, zzford and 13 others like this.
  10. jaw22w

jaw22w
    from Indiana

I'm going to go ahead and stir the shit here. I am a dyed in the wool chevy guy, but that 55 Ford is better looking than a 55 chevy any day

11. For me, the quintessential 'hot rod' look for these is chrome-reverse 15x6 OEM-style wheels (PLEASE, not those gawd-awful 'smoothies'), chrome lug nuts, and with a rubber rake; 225/75-15 in the back and 205/75-15 in the front. If you want a bit of 'custom' flavor, a set of '55-56 dog-dish hubcaps or 10 1/8" baby moons, or even a set of spider caps. Very rarely seen these days, this was a common wheel choice 'back in the day'....

12. The black 56 Gasser with the 55 grill looks good. I don't think I have ever seen the 55 grill on a 56.

13. [​IMG]

This car was owner by hamber 55Brodie and was built right. HRP

14. Its funny earlier this evening i told my cousin, whos helping me on the car some, that a set of chrome reverses would look killer on it. I think i sold myself on that right then for wheel choice. Heres the car if you fellas havent seen my other threads. Im not much into the customs side of stuff, and this ones bone stock, 35k mile car, minus a redone interior done in tuck and roll.

[​IMG]

15. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I wanted to go with the OEM style chrome rims but did not have the extra cash so it was just painted rims for the sleeper look.

Attached Files:

16. My old 55 Fairlane. 55fordblack.jpg 55ford4small.JPG

17. I just love the look of the 1955 Ford.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

zzford, A_Burly_Wind and arkiehotrods like this.
  18. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I was a kid we had both a 55 and 56. The 55 was a Mountain Green convert and the 56 a Black Vic. I got to drive them both in HS. Much later in life I made my choice. image.jpeg

19. I love the 55 fords, a tri five cant hold a candle to one in the looks department in my opinion and there aint a sbc out there that sounds better than a Y block.

biggeorge likes this.
  20. miker98038

miker98038
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rowen just posted this over at yblocksforever. New 10.5 motor going in.

Attached Files:

21. I get on there every now and then, always loved that color on em too.

22. Rand Man

Rand Man

Awesome head and tail light treatment on the Victoria in post #22. Any more info?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

23. That belongs (or did; he had it for sale) to the HAMBs very own '50fraud' and is actually a '56 with '55 side trim and grill, '55-56 Merc wagon taillights, and '56 Olds headlight bezels.

One little-known difference between the '55 and '56 Victorias is the latter has a 'factory' 2" 'top chop'. The '55 has a taller roofline and uses the same front glass as the sedans. The '55 Crown Vics and convertibles had the 'chop', the lower roof was added to the Vicky in '56.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  24. a sleeper, a gasser and a circle tracker
    fairlane.jpg fairlane 1.jpg nascar.jpg

25. Not trying to nit-pic but those are '55 Oldsmobile headlight bezels.
    The '56's are thicker and have a distinct peak at the top.

26. chryslerfan55 likes this.
  27. I want to build a track/road race inspired car big time
    would love to use a Comet/Fairlane 62-64 ish

wonder what a street version of a NASAAR inspired 55-56 would look like

28. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm with Sting Ray on this one. Rocky's also makes me tingly...

chryslerfan55 and biggeorge like this.
  29. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Check out the '55 here she ain't pretty :D

chryslerfan55 and biggeorge like this.