Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Anyone have a 62 Dodge Dart parts car ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31Vicky with a hemi, Oct 13, 2017.

1. I got this mess back from the blaster -
    Gotta love the patch jobs. Over top of the rust out, spot tacked and muded and muddled to contour. The drivers lower rear corner blows my mind.

I could make this stuff but I'd rather get a few cuts from a clean shell. Especially the wiper cowl and lower A pillar and lower hinge mounts.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  2. If you have not tried the A body's only forum, that may be a good place to look. Layson's restoration may have some stuff for you too. EDIT, I forgot the 62 dart isn't an A body, but that may be a good place to start.

31Vicky with a hemi likes this.
  3. You have to admit, that bondo sculptor was an artist.

4. Randy Routt

Randy Routt

1962-1965 Mopars in a search engine will get you in touch with a hardcore bunch of rabid mopar enthusists. I just remembered this group thanks to your question. I have a 62 Fury myself and I think someone made some patches for the cowl several years ago...Good luck.There's a 4 door Dodge in a junkyard 20 miles from me I need to get the front windshield out of.

5. Good luck with it ! Going mopar hunting this weekend as well....will let you know what I find. The site for some guys is BBodies r us site........

6. Thanks for the input so far

7. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Good luck man every one of those cars I have come across is a) unaffordable and/or just not for sale a 62 dodge is one of my favorite cars 62furious here on the H.A.M.B. May have a lead on some parts for ya do keep us in the loop on progress

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

8. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. atch

atch

First place I'd be searching would be Bob Owens at Owens Salvage (that's Flat Top Bob here on the H.A.M.B) in the Texas panhandle.

Next place would be Dave Schollmeyer at Schollmeyer Salvage in central Missouri.

Both of these places specialize in vintage cars and parts.

10. Tried one or two of these suggestions, no good so far

11. rjones35

rjones35

12. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

13. Got the word I'm supposed to keep looking. Got the ok to get a whole car if need be.

14. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I second CTC Auto Ranch. I got parts for my 62 Dart wagon there. Nice guys too. I worked with Dave

15. IMG_0341.JPG IMG_0488.JPG IMG_0301.JPG IMG_0319.JPG IMG_0334.JPG Buy mine, and use that one for yard art.

16. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

I have a manual steering box and the inner column shaft I'm trying to sell on the For A Bodies only forum. We just switched my son's 65 valiant to power steering.

17. Still looking
    Got the go ahead to get what ever I need from where ever it may be

18. Not sure if you just need metal or what ? On Craigslist here out of Dallas - search more area's - think the guy is just northwest a little - has a 63 more door with great floors and such.
    CTC is a no go for most local Mopar guys....little on the going to be buried with it side - look at and aerial view of his place.

19. These things aren't easy to find.

20. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have you tried Kramer in Penn??

21. 73RR

73RR

Wildcat was mentioned so I'll add Big M in Williams Ca. 530-473-2225

razoo lew likes this.
  22. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I know of some from that era in a local junkyard here in Dayton but they might be just as crusty,I am thinking about going there in the morning and I know they have a 62 Plymouth wagon.

23. Well let me know,
    My largest ass ache is the upper cowl

24. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Maybe AAC in Vancouver, Wa. that's "downsizing" (see the thread here on the HAMB) could possibly help with panels? They're just going to have to crush a lot of cars anyway. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

25. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I walked around that junkyard today and all had a rusted upper cowl,most have been in there since the early 70s.

26. Thanks for looking !

27. Chasing leads, waiting on promised return calls
    Getting rough