Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Welcome to the 2018 Meltdown Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Oct 12, 2017.

1. ..,and I just sold my 308" Small block to Quain Stott for Cynthia's '53 Chevy. She's already run 7.13 in the 1/8 mile, (11.20 1/4), which equates to a 6.80 (10.68 1/4) with Donovan in the seat.

loudbang, saltflats and Tickety Boo like this.
  2. Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    Okiedoker, loudbang and saltflats like this.
  3. Ooooh, Davie Pellisomethingerother!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  4. wuga

wuga
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We will be in line for the registration. Hopefully we make the cut. This will be the first time there, but have been looking for some great nostalgia meets for the Bantam. Driving 15 hours from Ontario. Hyper, see you there.
    Warren

DSC04468.JPG

5. Saxxon

Saxxon

Yup... I've seen this one, love this one and I've been in contact with the builder
    Love the stance.

Thanks Ric Pann-thefluteblowinggoatlikething-eton

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  6. Saxxon

Saxxon

We come from Winnipeg with 4 cars and 15+ folks. Hoping for a 5th car in 2018. Most of us are veterans of this event which means the 15+hrs each way is worth every minute. This year we split the trip with an overnight about 2/3 of the way there. That made a HUGE difference and will be part of our trip plans going forward.

The Canadian Invasion is growing. Look for the Canadian Flags !!
    Just hoping Lake Kokanee is still there.

55belairx2, loudbang and 30dodgeboy like this.
  7. Gammz

Gammz
    from Lincoln Ne

Is the 5th car the Lakeshore No Shower?!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  8. Saxxon

Saxxon

No... Scott is from Ontario - Winnipeg is about 1200 miles West.

The 5th car could actually be a 5th and 6th... we have a friend building a chopped 38 Ford PU with a straight axle and hot sbf and my nieces boyfriend is building a straight axle Falcon

loudbang and Gammz like this.
  9. This is finally happening, I built those pistons in 2013! Your gonna need a bigger blower Jeff Koopenyouknowwho! IMG_2151.JPG

55belairx2, loudbang, Gammz and 5 others like this.
  10. loudbang

loudbang

This familiar to anyone here? :cool:

Must have been fun racing tucker

Panneton.JPG

55belairx2, Gammz, enloe and 2 others like this.
  11. Saxxon

Saxxon

That's a pretty impressive pile of "Gee, I wish I had even some of that"
    Not leaving anything on the table are you ?

My vote is for the injection.
    Rumble on buddy !!

You know you'll have to put Pie Crusts on the Child - otherwise The Hokey - Poker will use that as an excuse

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  12. Hyper Henry

Hyper Henry

Hope to make the cut as well. Will have our Canadian Flag and Canadian beer with us. After we put on show of coarse!.....:eek:)

Attached Files:

13. Saxxon

Saxxon

So I'm looking up Panneton's arrest record online - you know - just in case I need some dirt on him - for whatever reason... and I come across this little gem. I don't recall ever seeing it before, or signing it, or approving my name being on it... BUT IT"S EPIC and AWESOME !! (Sorry Scott) and I pray to God I don't get one !! Unless of course I do something Darwin award level stupid - like putting the Scout into the 3rd row of seats...

Kudos for spelling my name correctly - at least I have that going for me

[​IMG]

olddrags, enloe, 55belairx2 and 8 others like this.
  14. We are gonna race in C/G with SEGA, and its a pretty stout bunch of cars. Average ET's best I know, are 6.30-6.40, and a couple or more have run 6.00-6.20's, so its gonna take a serious effort to compete. The injectors will make on there ultimately, as they give a 200 lb weight break, that would put us at 3150 lbs with driver. (we were 3200 at this years Meltdown). If we use an earlier tunnel ram (not the one shown), we have to weigh 3300 lbs. with driver, this all at 416". I have discovered, some pretty descent pieces in our stash, to build a 395" combo, that would put us at 2985 with injection, or 3135 with the tunnel ram.
    Jeff already Okie Doked our Pie Eating Contest dreams, we'd have to put a Huggy Bear interior in the Child, just to sort of kind of qualify.

15. WOW, the bar has been raised! I'm pretty sure someone slid me a "Rufy", before my pen touched this.

16. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

55belairx2, Chucky, Saxxon and 2 others like this.
  17. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

It must have been the Canadian beer ric it's the only explanation for my signature lol. Not really sure how I got dragged into this deal lmao

Chrome don't get ya home

18. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

...That is from way back in the heavy Meltdown Thread smack talking days!

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

55belairx2, loudbang and saltflats like this.
  19. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

20. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

It was entertaining.
    I'am afraid I got nothin..... but will enjoy when it starts up.

55belairx2 likes this.
  21. You nailed it! Thats why the Saxxon is so "sharing is caring" with his brewskie, He gets us tanked up on Kanook High Test, then puts his Jedi moves on our penmanship!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  22. IMG_2116.JPG
    There is an episode from the old TV show "Wonderful World of Wheels, hosted by Loyd Bridges on "The Quarter Mile Foundation" page in Facebook. In the first few seconds I'd this very racing "in motion", filmed from the right side of the track. This was the 1963 March Meet, with Dick "the shoe" Jones driving, and dad tuning. We were running C/Gas at the time, with a nearly Stock, though blue printed 327/365 HP complete with Rochester injection. The car ran in the 12.30-12.40 range @ 112-113. Our mom and dad are sitting in the '57 delivery tow car in the background, and my mom is 6 months pregnant with my older sister Elise. I would show up in August, the next year. Sitting in the Chevy Carryall, is Tucker's crew, one of which is Dick Gazan, who I would end up working for on and off between 1983-1994. Dick was a huge reason Tucker's roadster was so good, and never got any recognition.., Dick even won, while driving in Little Eliminator at the '62 US Nationals in Indy, when the roadster was still Olds powered. His office was covered with pics of the roadster, and his Teams old front engine fuel dragster, "The Freedom Machine" run out of New England. Tom Dawes owned that car, Owen McKinney drove, and Dick Gazan was the power maker. After the fuel car was sold, Tom Dawes had some 392 parts left over, and one of the engines was converted to run gasoline, and put in Tucker roadster when they switched from early Olds power. The roadster was a '28 Chevy I believe, with a lengthened wheel base (all in the cowl). At Indy back in the day, tech in was done at the shopping center across the road from the track. One year, some guy parked too close to Tucker's roadster, with a stock dimension '28 Chevy roadster street car, which made the lengthening job on Tucker's very obvious, they gave the guy a T-Shirt to park somewhere else! Here is our '56 at its last March Meet in 1967.

23. loudbang

loudbang

Yep the cowl story is the one I have heard. Nobody caught on for years. :)

55belairx2 likes this.
  24. I hate to bring this up. Byron has been for sale for months now. rumors are flying in my area it was sold. the other rumor is it was sold to someone not from the racing community. can anyone confirm or deny the rumors? also is there any word how this might impact the md events? is there anyone from the Rockford area that heard anything?

loudbang likes this.
  25. ...I was told that BJ, the dragway owner, would not sell to anyone who wouldn't keep it running as it has been.....I also heard BJ wants to go back to some dragracing and is building a 66 or 67 Nova drag car,...he also has 2 sons who also race there.
    ...don't know any of this as fact, but that's the word I heard from a good source.

loudbang, Max Gearhead and saltflats like this.
  26. I only ask because we are hearing a different story. We have heard 2018 they will be open. They will close in 2019 for good. Lets all hope this is incorrect.

loudbang likes this.
  27. ^^^ boy, that would be SAD indeed...

loudbang likes this.
  28. wuga

wuga
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

29. loudbang

loudbang

30. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

I hope so as well . But money talks and it would not be the first track to close because of potential land development value. I would think Jeff and the crew would have some kind of info. Larry

loudbang and Zettle Bros. like this.