Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 1934 Chevy hot rod time capsule

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Keepat, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Keepat

Keepat

I pulled all the spark plugs and oiled all the cylinder then hand turn the motor with no problem. Then removed the air cleaner and was happy to see the carbs very clean!!

Thanks

Pat

[​IMG]

I also got a picture of the motor from back in the late 1960

[​IMG]

Before

[​IMG]

After

2. squirrel

squirrel

I guess it could use a little cleaning, eventually.

How do the carbs look inside the float bowls? That's what matters

3. Keepat

Keepat

I hope the same, won't know until next week.
    Thanks
    Pat

4. Jims35

Jims35

Lucky find that looks a lot better than my mine did when i started on it .

5. coilover

coilover
    from Texas

Have three, one 5w coupe and two town sedans which are a 2dr with the factory optional trunk. Always thought the 34 had nice lines but learned one needs to be a carpenter/cabinet maker to do much with them. The coupe has all wood replaced with steel which is a BIG job. One 2dr is rodded and the other is factory. When wood is good they are much more quiet than a Ford but it makes it hard to modify so I'd get it running and play with it for a while.

IMG_4405.JPG IMG_3954.JPG IMG_3963.JPG

Jims35 and Fern 54 like this.
  6. Nice old hot rod, congrats.:)

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. Keepat

Keepat

You have a very nice collection, love the 5 window! One thing my 34 is missing is the grill. The 2nd owner sent a lot of parts out for chrome 30 + years ago and everything came back but the grill and he was convinced that the chrome shop either lost it, stolen or something but they claim they never received it and it sort of soured him from that point on working on the car. So if you have a spare grill only the grill section I have the outer surround, let me know.
    Thanks
    Pat

8. Another vote to preserve it. Love an old bowtie. The wheels, however look like they belong on a '69 Charger. Yee ha!

lothiandon1940 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  9. Keepat

Keepat

IMG_9915.JPG IMG_9916.JPG IMG_9917.JPG Here are a few interior pictures
    Thanks
    Pat

10. squirrel

squirrel

looks like garnish molding behind the seat, still wrapped in the newspaper, from the chrome shop? :) but it's hard to tell.

If you want to have real fun, get it going with the wheels that are on it now. Looks like the tires are bias ply, I'd go ahead and drive it a little with them, and see how they work.

A fellow in town with a deuce roadster he's had over 50 years, finally put new tires on his car...the old ones were from the mid 70s, he never had any trouble with them. Bias ply. His car sits up like that, too. Used to be the thing to do, you know.

11. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Very Cool!!!! Welcome to The HAMB. It's great to see another 34 Chevy seeing the light of day. It's a Master, as well. Hard to tell from the photos, but does it have a beam axel instead of the Knee - Action I.F.S.?

I have a 34 Master 5 window that's been on hold for a few years. Wanted to get working on it again, this fall, but my house needed a new roof.

4.jpg L. Caddy V8 2.jpg L. Interior 1.jpg

Jet96, Fern 54, Countn'Carbs and 5 others like this.
  12. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great score, congrats! Welcome to the HAMB

13. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The engine compartment, and wiring looks very clean, tidy, and well thought out. While that is no guarantee, that sort of attention to detail would tell you that the rest of the build was probably very well done also.

14. Keepat

Keepat

Yes all the chrome was stored in the back seat.
    I would like to put the 1st set of mag wheels back on the car. In the mid 1960 the owner had Astro Supreme on the car and I got two with the car. They will look much better!
    Thanks
    Pat

lothiandon1940 and 29bowtie like this.
  15. Keepat

Keepat

Yes it is a Master and it has a beam front axel. I hope to take some pictures of the bottom soon and post!
    Thank You!
    Pat

16. Keepat

Keepat

I am very impressed with the quality of this early hot rod. This gentleman as a teenager did phenomenal work on his own from cutting in the firewall, installing a custom rear, installing the Oldsmobile V8, and fabricating his own headers. Very cool car and I am honored to own it.
    Thanks
    Pat

17. Joe's Junk Garage

Joe's Junk Garage

What a great find, congratulations! Looking forward to seeing your progress.

18. AHotRod

AHotRod

Really nice car !

19. I once bought a 64 Galaxie that had those wheels on it. First change I made. It was hard to sell them, as nobody seems to like the style....I understand why.

20. Król

Król

Congrats on a great find, especially being Olds powered.

39 Aaron NZ likes this.
  21. Keepat

Keepat

IMG_9926.JPG Here is one of the original wheels that was on the car in the mid 1960

22. Keepat

Keepat

IMG_9939.JPG IMG_9940.JPG IMG_9944.JPG IMG_9946.JPG IMG_9948.JPG IMG_9951.JPG A few picture of the bottom of the car

Hank37, loudbang, Jet96 and 3 others like this.
  23. what am i looking at? IMG_9940.JPG

24. he really did a nice job with the headers, heat shields and all. but a total bummer about the ford front end.:( IMG_9951.JPG

Hank37, loudbang, 49ratfink and 2 others like this.
  25. Keepat

Keepat

Line locks and the front attachment point of his homemade lateral bars

loudbang likes this.
  26. thanks. cool car!

27. Jims35

Jims35

015.JPG 006.JPG 017.JPG 010.JPG

I haven't been on here for a few years and forgot how to post so here goes , i think .

Picked this 35 standard up out in the desert here in Idaho . Just a empty shell of a body and frame , no springs front clip , just a basket case with 37 bullet holes in it . That was in 1999 , replace some of the wood in doors . All floor is square tubing and sheet metal . I am a carpenter but some of the wood was still to hard to duplicate and a kit was going to run me $2000.00 or more . I used a dash from a 34 master because i wanted the gauges in front of me and i wanted the glove box . Did it all myself and still working on the interior .

Well lets see if i remember how to post this now . I have some picture but don't know if i did it right or not , here goes .

Copper Top, Gotgas, Okie Pete and 5 others like this.
  28. Jims35

Jims35

Well looks like it made it there .

29. catdad49

catdad49

This young man had his stuff together. This is going to be a great period piece, have Fun. The old timers are definitely going enjoy looking at, maybe even start the rebirth of a few more of these finds.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  30. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

clean it up ,make it safe and enjoy the ride .

flatheadpete likes this.