Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Welcome to the 2018 Meltdown Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Oct 12, 2017.

1. pnevells

pnevells

Very sad news, we met Brett at Meltdown this summer , he was a really down to earth good guy racer, he took the time to explain in detail to Josh how he runs the car and how he was going to make his passes at Meltdown,

Sent from my SM-G920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang and Zettle Bros. like this.
  2. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Chrome first before install?

Deuced Up! and loudbang like this.
  3. rawcjw19

rawcjw19

[​IMG] The only bad thing about the Meltdowns being so great. We will have to scrape ice and snow off our daily drivers this winter

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Saxxon

Saxxon

Yup ... snow on the ground now. Race car put away for the long winter sleep

You and I need to line up again... maybe this time I'll not drop a fuel cap on the track and actually make a full pass

5. ok,...where's the Pie Eating Contest event thread?...still waiting.

Zettle Bros. and loudbang like this.
  6. pnevells

pnevells

Sorry guys, I just found out the York US30 Nostalgia Nationals at Beaver Springs is the same weekend as Meltdown, I am very loyal to my home track that has really supported Nostalgia racers. The HilltownShaker is the defending champion in Comp Eliminator so we will miss Meltdown this year, I believe strongly in supporting my local track that had done so much for Nostalgia racing in our area. We will be back. To all my Canadian friends hold my beer for 2019

Sent from my SM-G920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  7. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

I second that Sam!!

loudbang likes this.
  8. Nitro Pontiac

Nitro Pontiac
    from Wisconsin

Drove the LeMans around the block for the first time with the new engine in it. Would like to take it to the Grove Sunday to test and tune if the weather cooperates.

Saxxon, saltflats, Okiedoker and 4 others like this.
  9. Scottrodsllc

Scottrodsllc
    from ohio

Hoping to have my new gasser finished and be there with our ScottRods AA/Gassers gang vett 4.jpg !!!

10. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

11. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Nice headers James , but from this angle those cooling lines look awful close! And why do Chevy guys always seem to loose their inspection covers :rolleyes: lol Larry

loudbang and saltflats like this.
  12. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

That is a preheat for the auto trans....I am lucky to get it to temp.
    That cover now those thing can be a pesky....but when it come to transmission and converter hookup it sure is nice not to mention the starter.

But I would have no problem dealing with the awkwardness of the Ford or the Mopar when it's what I have to play with.
    Speaking of play with I am in the middle of a Ford project but it is just a year to new for the Meltdown. :(

13. Gammz

Gammz
    from Lincoln Ne

Fords and that block plate deal. That some bitch never gets put on the first time in our garage....

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Always the fight with the person that is suppose to hold it or when your by yourself the you fight with it.
    And heaven forbid you bend the thing.

loudbang and Gammz like this.
  15. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

And don't you guys go lookin at all my speed secrets.

16. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Those damn covers don't need to be there lol that's just extra weight but doesn't matter on my cars I don't use those pansy ass slushboxes lmao real race cars have a clutch that way if it doesn't shift it's my own fault lol hell man even my dragster is a stick shift

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Gammz, rocketsled59 and loudbang like this.
  17. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

And.... And...... if good Lord willin it will be on the track tomorrow......so how about you guys ;)

Gammz and loudbang like this.
  18. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Just poor boy racing up here. :(

Gammz and loudbang like this.
  19. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

There is way more coin in yours than mine I can't afford one of those high dollar auto things I just went out back and dug up a used old toploader 3speed someone threw in their dumpster and I went diving and come up with that best part is my tiny cubic inch cheap ass rail will outrun your high dollar machine lmao see ya tomorrow salty

Chrome don't get ya home

loudbang likes this.
  20. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Your on Brother. :D
    Don't let down your guard. ;)

loudbang likes this.
  21. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

We are two months away from the start of pre-registration for the 9th annual Meltdown Drags. With this we have some MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENTS to make regarding pre-registration:

While we love “fast reaction times” for people to pre-register, it worked against us in 2017. We had too many people try to register, reached 500 cars in less than 72 hours and had an imbalance in certain classes which led to staging lanes issues at the event.

As we have learned the past few years the event runs better with less cars, quite simply put “bigger isn’t always better”.

New for 2018, we are going to open pre-registration on January 2nd (like prior years) and it will close on February 28th.

Cars will be classed according to our classes at the event and we will have a limit as to the number of cars for each class. This will ensure that we have the best representation of a 1966 drag meet.

If we have too many cars for a class, we will select the group based upon a combination of their speed of entry, adherence to our vintage rules and prior participation. We will then make a waiting list group for this class as we all know that cars break. Attempting to register with a promise of getting the right wheels before July will ensure you a spot on the bottom of the list.

Additionally, we will be asking that an estimated E.T. be submitted with each pre-registration. This will ensure that we can reinforce the appropriate safety measures required at certain E.T’s to avoid issues at the track as well as appropriately determine classes.

As we mentioned earlier, bigger isn’t always better. We will once again be reducing the number of cars participating in the event from 500 down to 450. This will reduce the stress on parking and increase the number of passes for each participant.

Our changes to our pre-registration process we believe will not only field the best group of cars for the event, but will also ensure that the 2018 events run smoothly.

If you are not able to participate in the 2018 Meltdown Drags, please don’t be discouraged as we have two other magnificent events planned for the year. In June, we will have the first ever Uncle Sam’s Pie Eating Contest (Byron Dragway) and at the end of the September we will have the 3rd Annual Fall-Out at Rock Falls Raceway.

Thank you in advance for your support and understanding.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

22. ...I want some pie...

23. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Yeah where is the thread for that event I've been waiting patiently since the inaugural run at meltdown lol

Chrome don't get ya home

loudbang likes this.
  24. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

What is the registration process to bring a car for display only? Nephews comet likely not ready to race by then

loudbang likes this.
  25. Cars displayed in the car show area - follow the signs and enter at Gate #2 - no need to pre-register - acceptance criteria is posted at http://meltdowndrags.com/car-show/ and the best part is it costs exactly the same as spectator parking but gets you rock star parking!

26. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Well......This is just a video, but here you go, Sam. LOL.

Tickety Boo, saltflats and loudbang like this.
  27. Saxxon

Saxxon

After reading the new registration process and class assignments I have to say - I applaud the effort to address the madness from last year. I don't think Jeff would survive another Saturday afternoon in the heat directing traffic

Personally I wouldn't object if the Scout was classified something other than a Gasser if it helps balance the groups. Let's be honest - with the single seat, no hood, questionable upholstery and alcohol fuel it's more A/FX now than Gasser. Besides... I get to run with the GLG in the evenings anyway.

So... if you need to move a vehicle from Gasser to A/FX or ??? - pick me coach. I don't care what lane I come out of as long as I'm there and I have fun, but more important - the fans don't care what lane any of us come out of... as long as we run the cars and put on the show.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  28. ...I like that pie on the left...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    loudbang likes this.
  29. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin