Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects SOUTHEAST GASSERS "BRAND X" BUILD

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by HEMIBERT, Oct 12, 2015.

1. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Nothin wrong with that.;)

mad mikey and loudbang like this.
  2. southcross2631

southcross2631

They say the way to make a small fortune racing, is to start with a large fortune.

3. I heard that! What the SEGA has is worth far more than money.

4. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

5. Good luck HEMIBERT, go get um. That is one bad fish you pilot.;):)

Quain Stott and loudbang like this.
  6. Well, season 2 is over. Not quite what we hoped for, but ended much better off than when we started. Winding up a consistent top half qualifier with competitive, although not winning, times is what we wanted, but not good enough anymore. I must say though, that the SEGA and everyone associated with them is the very best out there. The family we are and the support we offer to each other is second to none anywhere. Every race is like a family reunion. Our association with Quain Stott and his group has been a life changing experience for both of us. They give respect and loyalty a new meaning you just don't see anymore.
    Enough preaching. We love Quain, what he does and will support him 100%.
    Now. We are going to regroup, re-think, move to A/Gas, build wife a car to run and build a truck so as to get 2 cars there for next year. Have to get busy. I'll post back when I have something to share.
    Thank everyone of you for your support and visits at the track. They means a lot to us and hope to see you next season.
    Thanks again,
    Robert & Rita
    Black & Blue Racing

7. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Thanks Robert and please let me know if y'all need anything.

8. catdad49

catdad49

Robert, not really a Mopar fan, but it did my heart Good to see the Black and Blue running strong. Love your sentiments on the group and Quain's response pretty much backs it up. I'll be watching for the new build thread, Carp.

9. For the last race, we had 3 teams loan engines to their competitors so they could make it! I've seen the same with transmissions and just about every other part on the cars. I had Rusty Sampsel stop working on his car and help us change intakes between rounds so I'd be ready to run him. We mean it when we say..We are family.

10. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

That's the drag racing spirit!!! Great Job!!!

loudbang likes this.
  11. Hang'emHigh

Hang'emHigh

Let's clarify. That's the SEGA drag racing spirit!!!

12. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

It is....and others ;)
    I'am just saving for a 4 gear.:)

Hang'emHigh and loudbang like this.
  13. southcross2631

southcross2631

Hoping to have my D/Gas car done by April ,but there will be a move in their sometime if my place sells here. Looking for property in the Maryville. Tn. area.

loudbang likes this.
  14. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

Robert, hope your not holding back on updates!!!!

loudbang likes this.
  15. No, not holding back. Plan on starting on wifes new ride this weekend. A lot of moving and shuffling of parts to do!

16. Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  17. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Did I see this car on the back of a trailer in Lebanon Tennessee a couple of weeks ago with the front end mashed??

We were coming back from Bowling Green.

loudbang likes this.
  18. Yes - he fixed it though.

loudbang, chryslerfan55 and enloe like this.
  19. Yes. We're working on it as we speak. Blew a tire and ate the guardrail. CRASH2.jpg
    No problem though. I have a welder and an awesome grinder!

Hombre, Gotgas, racer-x and 10 others like this.
  20. loudbang

loudbang

One photo from bangshift coverage

SEGA-84.jpg

Scott Mize, Hombre, enloe and 4 others like this.
  21. catdad49

catdad49

Robert has the Black and Blue Cuda running pretty good!

loudbang, Hombre, enloe and 1 other person like this.
  22. southcross2631

southcross2631

What engine combo are you running now that you are an A/FX car ?

23. Same thing. 426" low block wedge.. Just changed it to Hilborns on alcohol. I'm sure there are some differences in set ups I could do for alcohol, but the A/G engine was already built when we decided to change. I'd be interested in knowing the differences in the basics for gas vs alcohol, camshaft, timing, etc.

loudbang likes this.
  24. southcross2631

southcross2631

When I changed my big block Chevy in an O/T Nova over to alcohol from gas. I raised the compression to 15 to1. Increased the lift and duration on the cam. Removed the radiator and just looped the top and bottom radiator hoses. Installed a pan heater to pre-heat the oil so I could help keep the moisture out of the oil. It never ran hot even when bracket racing and going back to back rounds.
    The car picked up 4 tenths with the changes.

Hang'emHigh, Hombre, Thor1 and 4 others like this.
  25. That's good. My alcohol dragster didn't even have freeze plugs. I think having the water in it though helps keep the temperatures more even. My compression is in the high 13's and I think that once I get a few other things sorted out, I'll just have Bullet or Erson grind me a new cam. I need the weight on the front, so I'll leave the radiator in for now. Good idea with looping the hoses. I hadn't thought of that yet. Thanks for your input.

loudbang and enloe like this.
  26. southcross2631

southcross2631

That should be fine as far as compression. A custom ground cam for your application will do wonders for your Mopar.
    I know Quain would say no to an EGT , but you could install one to get you close on your tune and then you will be in the ballpark when you go to the SEGA races. The good thing about alcohol is that it doesn't change much as far as temp changes like gasoline.

27. Brian Penrod

Brian Penrod

Awesome build, don't know how I missed it. Hope you guys make it back to Clay City next year!

loudbang likes this.