Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures THE MUNSTERS AT THE DRAGS: "HOT ROD HERMAN" On TV: George Barris Meet The Munsters !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jonnie King, Oct 26, 2010.

1. You see that chart on the wall? Yes. You pass.:D

BigDogSS likes this.
  2. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

IT'S THAT TIME OF THE YEAR...AGAIN !!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    TO ALL MY H.A.M.B. FRIENDS...
    upload_2017-10-27_0-21-8.jpeg
    "GEORGE BARRIS MEETS THE MUNSTERS...IN 'HOT ROD HERMAN' " !

GEORGE'S SPOT-ON COOL STORY from my 2006 Interview about how this Episode came together at the Riverside Speedway is what you'll hear first...it was an "Instant Classic" when I added it !
    [​IMG]

THEN IN 2016, Butch "Eddie Munster" Patrick, joined me at the KKOA Salina Leadsled for an update on the "Hot Rod Herman" story...and talks about his friendship with George...that continued through the years. And, that is something you'll really enjoy !

These Interviews are truly a part of our shared R&C History, as well as Classic TV History...and I've spent many hours this year doing some revising & and adding some new pix for all to enjoy...especially during this "Halloween Weekend" ! SO, just simply Click-On the Link below, sit back, relax for a few minutes, and listen to these great, fun, stories...and pass along the Link to any friends of yours that might not hear 'em otherwise: http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage.html

Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  3. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Thanks to "Super/Stock Poncho" for the eMail ! AND, yes, George was always so energetic, and, so much fun to be with and Interview. No matter which of his creations/builds he was talking about he remembered almost everything about 'em !

BUT, one of the most-exciting moments he was thrilled at, and proud of, was in "Hot Rod Herman" when he did that "wheelie" and lifted the front end of "Drag-U-La" off the pavement ! If you're new to the H.A.M.B., or missed this before, you'll hear George tell how he wanted to accomplish that at this Link: http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage.html

Again, thanks to all. Hearing any of George's stories brings him "back to life" once again to appreciate & learn from.

Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

Bowtie Coupe and mad mikey like this.
  4. Great stuff Jonnie, thanks. Priceless !:D

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  5. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

mad mikey...

Thank you ! Glad you connected with the Link and got to hear & see the new revisions on that page !

I got a "thank you " eMail from Butch this afternoon...I had also, sent him the 2017 Update so he could enjoy it. He & his wife are just great people !

AND, if YOU have any George Barris, Munsters, or, Butch Patrick stories you want to share with us this "Halloween Weekend" please enjoy listening to George & Butch's stories, then Post some of your own here ! http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage.html

Thanks again, mad mikey,
    Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    mad mikey likes this.
  6. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How many guy's out there are Munster's and their wives are Adams Family?

7. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey, I know Steve and knew Mr. Steve. Pretty good guy's.

mad mikey likes this.
  8. No one could have played Herman as masterfully as Fred Gwynne did. It was like fumbling poetry in motion. LOL. One of the most entertaining and funny shows of all time IMO.

9. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

Do you put the bodies on the picnic table back in the coffin after the car show?

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

alphabet soup...

Good point ! The Munsters were just like any next door neighbor in a regular neighborhood...only they were, well, "munsters" !

The Adams Family were the "upscale" type who had more money, lived in a better neighborhood...but were still, well, a different form of funny & weird !

BOTH hilarious in there own way !! BTW: I'm much more "Munsters" than "Adams Family" for sure !

Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

Bowtie Coupe and alphabet soup like this.
  11. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

mad mikey...
    Yes ! Fred Gwynne did it perfectly ! Always amazed that people were frightend of him...just couldn't understand what their problem was...like the time he & Grandpa went to the bank !

Butch gives some great insight to working with Fred, and the whole cast in this Interview Session: http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage.html

Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

mad mikey and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  12. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

28 Ford PU,

ANYTHING was possible on the Munsters ! Like the time a couple of kids communicated with Fred...and thought he was an alien from "outer space" ! Butch talks about some of the happenings on the show during the Interview. I learned alot that I wasn't aware of...but Butch was there & knew exactly what happened !
    http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage.html

Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

mad mikey likes this.
  13. RamJet1

RamJet1

Back again.
    I clicked the links, but they only take me to more pages of text and pictures. I really want to see this, even own the seasons and this episode in particular.
    Is there a direct link to the video part?
    Sorry I can't figure this out, year after year.
    Thanks in advance.

14. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

RamJet1...

Thanks so much for asking about this, and I hope the following will clear up any confusion: The HOF Legends Series contains the Oral Histories & Stories of the Legends & Pioneers of the R&C Industry that I began archiving & preserving in 2006.

I don't do videos for my Interviews...they are one-on-one Audio Interviews with the individual & myself. I work alone with them, in a quiet area, with no outside distractions to take away from their concentration. With over 50 years in Broadcasting, it's just my microphone, recording equipment & myself where my strengths & abilities best serve these wonderful Pros.

Plus, I do all of the editing, research, write the surrounding text, make sure the Historical Info used is correct, resize & place the photos in the story, choose & add the Intro music, then set-up & add each individual Page to the Site. ALSO, some stories "come to life" and are a lot more fun with the addition of sound effects, and/or sound bites to the final mix as you'll hear in "HOT ROD HERMAN": http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage.html

All of the above usually requires a 6-7 day week, with most times 60-70 hours of maintaining/revising/updating the over-400 Pages, with Interviews from 45 Legends/Pioneers, available on the Site...trying to make sure everything is running as best as it can for those that visit the Site as I'm my own Webmaster.

There are many others who do great video work that I really appreciate ! And that usually requires someone else to be there to take care of the camera, if not, it requires the person who's doing the Interviews to know how to set that all up to make sure it works perfectly. Then that video has to also be edited, sometimes title mats/screens made for each story, music beds added, etc., etc. And, then the final edit/mix/master added to a Website...sometimes by the individual themselves, sometimes by turning it over to a Webmaster.

Ryan who runs & maintain the H.A.M.B. and other Sites...is an expert at what he does !
    I envy some of the skills he puts into this and his other projects ! His work is always well thought out and flawless in the final edit/mix. That's why the H.A.M.B. has always stood head-and-shoulders above the other Info/Blog-type Sites, and why Ryan has truly been successful at what he does, because he's honed & polished his skills to perfect his expertise in this and other areas of the Media.

So, RamJet1, again I thank you for going to the Site...and, sorry to disappoint you in regards to the Videos. But I hope that doesn't stop you from hearing the stories...they are the voices & memories of these Legends & Pioneers, in their own words.

Since I began doing these Interviews, many of these Industry Icons sadly, have passed-away: George Barris, Blackie Gejeian, Bo Huff, Joe Bailon, Elden Titus, Dick "Magoo", Mike Alexander, and, Norm Grabowski...but their stories/memories/voices "live on" and are Archived & Preserved to be heard now, and in the future, for generations of R&C fans/gearheads to enjoy and learn from...long after I'm gone.

God bless, and many thanks, RamJet1,
    Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  15. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

THANKS SO MUCH to all who've viewed & posted on this "George Barris Meets The Munsters" Updated/Revised Thread that pairs George's 2006 Interview about the "HOT ROD HERMAN" Episode with Butch "Eddie Munster" Patrick's 2016 History & Memories of BOTH George & the Munsters Cast !

Every year the Legacy & History of George Barris, as well as the Munsters, grows bigger, adds more fans and reaches more people Worldwide, so they can learn from & enjoy these iconic Legends of the R&C and, Entertainment Industry..and that's what the H.A.M.B. is all about !

Thanks to all...and remember: Nothing says "HALLOWEEN" like 'THE MUNSTERS" !
    http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage.html

Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

mad mikey likes this.
  16. Met butch and pat priest last year at an event, such awesome fun people and had so many great stories about the show!

mad mikey likes this.
  17. Had to post a pic for tonight.:p 176567143.jpg

Jonnie King likes this.
  18. RamJet1

RamJet1

Jonnie,
    Thank you, that clears things up quite a bit, ha ha. I'll have to go listen for sure!
    Thanks for all of your hard work to get and preserve these interviews.

19. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

A_Burly_Wind...

Glad you got to meet 'em ! Didn't get to meet Pat, but Butch is just super to Munster fans, and loves to tell stories about the show. I like the story about the eye doctor for the driver's test...it was Charlie Ruggles as he mentions: http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage.html
    Ruggles had been in films since the "silent days" in 1915 and was about 78 years old when his Episode of the Munsters was filmed.

Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

A_Burly_Wind likes this.
  20. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

RamJet1...

You're quite welcome, my friend ! Your question was a good one...and I was happy to point you in the right direction so you'd know how the Site worked next time you went to it.

Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

21. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

very Cool - Thanks for the "spooky" memories

22. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Jalopy Joker...

Glad you enjoy them too ! The Munsters are fun anytime of the year...but they were truly made for the Fall Season & Halloween ! www.legends.thewwbc.net

Thanks !

Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

mad mikey likes this.