Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Traditional garage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 08racer, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

My first garage space actually had a dirt floor. i made up a oil barrel wood stove and did some work on my 56 chevy till my grandfather had me move it into his sheet metal shop to finish.

els likes this.
  2. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

One angle of the east wall.Setting up for Gene Winfield class two years ago.My shop always changes according to what we are working on.Actually after the class,hence the mess on the bench!!
    There is a guy in town, Bud Link. 77 I think. He has done work out of a simple two car garage for 40 years that I would put up against anyones work. He is proof that you dont need a fancy place to put out world class work. Its more what you do with what you have that counts. Actually this picture was taken after day one of the class Gene did here. P1010006 (3).JPG

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    1947knuck, swade41, els and 12 others like this.
  3. Heres my slice of heaven.. [​IMG] barely enough space for a T roadster and wood floors. Is that traditional enough? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

1947knuck, els, UNSHINED 2 and 9 others like this.
  4. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Want authentic traditional?
    Dig in a pit.
    If you live where there is a HOA then move.

els likes this.
  5. Never2low

Never2low

Is it weird that I can't help but think how much fun I would have cleaning and organizing that?
    I'm kinda really OCD, like that.
    Seriously. If you lived near me I would come over and do it, just for fun....I have a problem....:oops:

jimmysweden, els, Felix 40 and 6 others like this.
  6. rightcoast

rightcoast
    from palermo ny

That is funny....my wife won't even step foot in barn...not bragging ...but I say I have a problem all the time....i have over 300 body hammers... probly used 3 of them...feel free to stop out when your on vacation...upstate New York...haha

Sent from my SM-G935V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

els, Never2low and biggeorge like this.
  7. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

I'm in Ohio stop on by and I'll let ya organize my junk! Joe

els and enloe like this.
  8. ssaza25

ssaza25
    from arizona

Image.jpg Right after being built and IMG_0482.JPG IMG_0660.JPG Image 5.jpg how it is now.

9. indyjps

indyjps

Sorry guys, I do have a nice shop stool my Dad bought me. I think its so he had somewhere to sit. :D

els and Finn Jensen like this.
  10. 1947knuck

1947knuck

Here's a few pictures of mine and my boy's kinda bike heavy but we are building a traditional 31 Model A. IMG_2279.JPG IMG_2262.JPG IMG_2327.JPG

11. Xtrom, els, wackdaddy and 4 others like this.
  12. Speed~On

Speed~On

08racer,
    Your garage is cool and you should embrace your drywall. Many can only dream of having a finished drywalled garage. Your garage is full of potential. You just need to collect some old speed parts and "temporarily store" them on the wall in anticipation of your next build. Perhaps some paint on the walls and some cool antique porcelain signs. Your garage would take on a completely different look and you'll love it.

rightcoast,
    Your tool box does to me what my tool box probably does to you. Although I admire your commitment to having lots of tools on hand! :D

20171027_223726.jpg
    1 box is all metric the other box is all standard/inch.
    20171027_223906.jpg

13. Brizo

Brizo
    from Indy

els, oldsjoe and Speed~On like this.
  14. Never2low

Never2low

Now THAT'S more my speed!:D

15. Never2low

Never2low

If you've got a fridge full of Yuengling Lager, I might take you up on that offer....:cool:

els and oldsjoe like this.
  16. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

Yup. After he posted those pictures he never came back to GJ as far as I know. Guess he croaked or something!

els and cactus1 like this.
  17. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

08racer, don't pull the sheetrock. It's fire proof and is probably required by your insurance and likely by your local government regulations. Cover it with paint or tin and start gathering up storage cabinets (pigeon holes, used kitchen cabinets, tool chests, etc.). Don't worry about filling it up, that'll take care of itself soon enough. Faster than you'll believe. Homestead 13 415 (Medium).JPG

1947knuck, els, Felix 40 and 6 others like this.
  18. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Just start hanging things on the wall. Thats what im doing. 20170823_163653.jpg

19. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Don't worry about filling it up. One night the rusty fairy will come by and sprinkle STUFF every where.
    Wall space we love wall space.

Greaser Bob, 1947knuck, els and 9 others like this.
  20. Quintin

Quintin

This is my little 2.5 car garage. It was bare studs when I moved in. Insulated it, drywalled the ceiling and bought used steel for a dollar a sheet for the walls. The mustang next to my coupe is my buddies. His dad drag races it in the 60s. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. This is mine down in Australia, just getting started on decorating the garage.i think brick is the key to looking old. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

1947knuck, 68Dodge, els and 8 others like this.
  22. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

You must have been a Sailor ! LOL

23. Speed~On

Speed~On

This is as close as I've come to being a sailor. But I did go on a Disney cruise a few years ago.
    20171028_091044.jpg

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    1947knuck, els, biggeorge and 2 others like this.
  24. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Just a funny ! No harm intended , your tool box is what I could only wish for mine to be . Just a USMC thing! No harm intended .

25. Speed~On

Speed~On

Oh No, there was none taken. I was laughing when you posted it and thought of my co-worker. And he would agree with you as he was active duty Navy for 4 years. Actually my brother was a mechanic in the Air Force. He worked on ejection seats on the A-10's, F16's and Stealth fighters while in Kuwait. He made cutaways in his tool box one day and his commander made him do every tool box in the shop, my brother was not amused.

I just purchased mine on-line.

And thank you for your service!!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  26. TA DAD

TA DAD
    from NC

My shop at home is 2 yrs old but has a old feeling, it is all block and has that industrial feel to it. I still need to install the ceiling. Hopefully that might happen this winter. The only down side is space is limited. But it is easy to keep warm in the winter.

Attached Files:

1947knuck, els, UNSHINED 2 and 3 others like this.
  27. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

First rule of fishing COLD BEER and good bait!.........................So Never2low I'll check that box! Joe

20171028_141041.jpg

28. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Guys, Gals and Kids after looking at the cosy little caves and caverns I would like to say be careful where ya walk, wear your safety shit, do have an extinguisher handy always...I don't want to read about ya in the whats the worst thing that happened in the garage thing. Back to paradise...;)

1947knuck, els, Gammz and 3 others like this.
  29. 08racer

08racer
    from Gilbert AZ

els likes this.
  30. 08racer

08racer
    from Gilbert AZ

I have had plenty of messages to go to the garage journal. I do like that site and visit it often. I just wanted to see what you all have here. W

els and Paul like this.