Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 55 Studebaker custom

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Norrland, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Some time ago i bought me a 55 Studebaker Commander thats been of the roads since 1968. Always wanted a Studebaker to do something cool with. So this one will be a kustom when i finish up the Henry J gasser. Some weeks ago i had the chance to trade some fenders and hood for a complete frontend thats been customized at least 25years ago. So i drove almost tru whole Sweden to make the trade.

Attached Files:

2. Had toughts what to do with those side scoops. Should i remove them and replace them with louvers instead or what. But then a friend put out an add on 4 rearfender cromepices for a 1953-54 Mercury and then i got an idea. The sicescoops will stay and crome will be fitted inside them and follow the fenders forward. Also got some rearfender extensions that i think ill modify and use those cool odd taillights i bought from a friend.

Attached Files:

3. Tought i also add a picture that is about 20 years old so u could see the frontend and fenderextensions mounted on the car they where once customized on.

Attached Files:

4. 'Mo

'Mo

I absolutely love the Stude, especially the '53.
    Those tail lights are perfect. Please post your progress.
    What is the fate of the donor car?

5. The donor car is under renovation after standing 20 years inga sheed. Will not be a original car it will be a cool beater.

6. Jettback50

Jettback50

Looking forward to see more of this kustom Stude!

'Mo likes this.
  7. Bearcat_V8

Bearcat_V8
    from Dexter, MI

looking at your pictures again, I just now noticed that the bumper is grafted into the fenders and hood. It was obviously built to be a tilt front end. Are you going to keep it that way or are you going to attempt to separate them?

8. Will keep the bumper like that. Was thinking about making a tiltfront but have not decided yet. Have a lot of crazy ideas what to do. Will also rework the rear and maybe put a 1956 Crown Victoria glasroof in it to. Will make it tasteful but also a halfwild kustom out of it

9. Have to finish up my Henry J gasser first.