Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Rip off alert - Doug Goucher / Cowtown Speed Shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tj, Sep 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unwatch Thread
    1. [​IMG]
      Profile Page
      porknbeaner
      from Raytown, MO

0 0 0
    See those 3 buttons at the bottom my information? On a classified ad that show up as green red or gray. you click on one and then leave feedback, the green button is positive, the red is negative and the grey is neutral.

I think if you go to the members profile you can you can do the same thing under trading stats.

Nope but if this was a circle jerk I could a hand job. :D

Sometimes when I sell stuff it takes me awhile to get to get it shipped. Sometimes I just get busier that a one armed pivot man at a circle jerk. :rolleyes:

I know it has nothing to ad to the thread but what the hell its Thursday isn't it?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  2. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Thx for the info Beano, but I'll pass on the hand job:confused:

kidcampbell71 and falcongeorge like this.
  3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Benno, that's cool, I have been trying to use the trading stats deal, this sounds much easier.

krbstr likes this.
  4. Thanks, if your hands are like mine it would be about like rubbing it with a flat bastard anyway. :D

We may as well have fun with this, its just burning bandwidth anyway.

5. tj

tj

Well Doug said he'd get the running boards shipped - has been over a week - no parts, response to E-mail or tracking number. Guess he really is a worthless individual. Would be nice for Ryan to block him from the HAMB and Ford Barn forever. Another lesson learned at 67 years old...

6. But did he say when they would be shipped? :D

Every little bit one of these threads pops up. Is he a good guy to do business with? Probably not, and I personally would avoid it. I think that most of the people eventually get their stuff. I can not confirm that but I know that George ( @falcongeorge ) did. Probably it would not hurt to give the guy bad feedback. easy enough to do. Maybe it will help someone else in the future.

7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Agree with the above, I was REALLY hoping for a happy ending here, but clearly he hasn't got the hint, and is getting worse not better.

8. adam401

adam401

I hate these threads. Theyre important and necessary but it sucks that these problems exist.

I've sent parts that I've advertised on here before I've received payment and received that payment no problem.

I've also received parts I've purchased on here in better than advertised condition.

It's unfortunate that we have unscrupulous sellers here but it's not the majority by any stretch. Sadly these stories leave a bad taste in your mouth and make it hard to trust. Nobody should get fucked out of there hard earned hard to come by money. Hopefully the seller in this case is reading this thread and perhaps will man the fuck up and do the right thing. Disgusting.

9. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Shlt. I read all the posts, hoping for a positive outcome.
    This whole journey was like a massage gone wrong, some a66hole rubbin' you the wrong way'...and NO chance of a happy ending!
    Phooey! :D

10. BJR

BJR

Time for Ryan to ban him from selling on here. He has proven that he cannot live up to normal expectations of a transaction.

11. next time I drive by there, I will thump a booger towards his shop

Max Gearhead likes this.
  12. hotrod1948

hotrod1948
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milton, WI

I thank all for the information. I will avoid him no matter how badly I need his parts. Good to know who to avoid, makes life much more simple. Don't need the drama, if I did I would talk to one of my ex-wives!

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I have to agree at this point.

14. rustyrods

rustyrods
    from Dixon,Il.

Sounds like the same guy I had a deal with on a 32 hood. STICKSHIFTKUSTOMS sent money and got nothing. Be careful. He might travel around &%$ing people.

15. Doug isn't in Garden City (Missouri), he's south of there about 5 miles in a small community called Dayton. The local post office includes them in the zip code is why it says Garden City. Hadn't had any dealings with him but pan to take a look at a '55 4dr post he has on the local Craigslist. I'm in Garden City.

16. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hadn't seen this thread before, but I just read the whole thing. How anyone can defend this "Douchebag" and "Thief" is beyond me. Get real people.

17. I just read this thread, beginning to end.
    Not a unique situation.
    I don't care if its buying car parts or getting satisfaction from your satellite TV provider, there is one common thought.
    The word RESPONSIBILITY has been eliminated from the vocabulary of so many.
    That's the world we now live in. :(

Rex_A_Lott and cretin like this.
  18. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Sorry for your hassle just wanted to tell you the car in your avatar is great, like it a lot.

19. On your profile page, you can click on "People you ignore", which I have now done for Cowtown (memory isn't the greatest, don't want to be tempted to try to buy something from him).
    After reading this thread, I'm convinced there is no way I would deal with this individual.

20. tj

tj

Well it's been over a year and Doug contacted me to apologize and make restitution. Evidently he went thru some hard times as we all have at one time or another. The decision was made that no repayment was necessary just that he would help someone in need along the way. I appreciate and respect him for coming forward to square up. Definitely stand up members on the HAMB. Thanks Doug and fellow members, TJ

Kan Kustom and rust runner like this.
  21. BJR

BJR

Wow, thanks for posting the outcome.

22. alchemy

alchemy

And you think he will really help "someone in need"? His history is not good.

Hnstray likes this.
  23. Gman0046

Gman0046

Dealing with Goucher to me would be a crap shoot. I work to hard for my money to take a chance. Besides there are plenty of honest guys out there selling parts.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  24. So he finally reached out empty handed after a year and your still out the money and the parts?
    And he is going to help someone in the future?

I consider myself to be a man with a big heart and not beyond going that extra mile to help a fellow member that has fallen on hard times but you my friend got screwed by a pro and now he has you patting him on the back and saying he is a stand up guy?,,,Sorry,but he hasn't redeemed himself as far as I can see. HRP

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  25. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

The word "enabler" comes to mind.....:confused:

The druggies, alcoholics and crooks of the world DO NOT need cooperative victims.

Ray

26. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

A leopard doesn,t change it,s spots

kidcampbell71 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  27. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

o_O And you believe him :confused: You might as well have sucker tattooed on your forehead as soon as possible. :D

I'm agreeing with you Danny.

28. Lionheart

Lionheart

If You let him off with No restitution, then you just gave him a free pass to
    screw over others in the future, and think he don't have to own up to it !!!
    Make him pay back what he owes you, (Plus Interest) if you care about
    others Not having to deal with HIS crap !!!

29. Deuces

Deuces

Time to send in the Guido brothers and make him an offer he can't refuse.... :cool::cool:

mad mikey and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.