Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 33 chevy 3w....time for a cool change

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by tb33anda3rd, Feb 11, 2014.

1. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

beautiful full stop rare

loudbang and tb33anda3rd like this.
  2. happy new year, we need to catch up. hope your ok. i will send a pm soon.

good day for a drive. we did a full fuel tank flush and fill........the easy way......

thanks for going with me

haha........thanks

loudbang likes this.
  3. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

4. good eye. those are my road caps. i bought a good set at the show today. i had a problem with the lancers spinning due to the flex from the radial tire and with the pot holes and construction i take the lancers off on long runs to avoid losing them.

loudbang and Runnin shine like this.
  5. 270283

I can remember guys taking the Lancers off when they went to the movies.... so they didn't "lose" them! Your coupe is one of my favorite Hamb cars.

loudbang and tb33anda3rd like this.
  6. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Even though it has black wheels. :p

7. Got to check it out today in Fitchburg. Great looking car, you should be proud. One of my favorite Chevy's.

loudbang likes this.
  8. thanks

haha

thanks

loudbang likes this.
  9. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I think it would also look good with the Lancers and chassis gold on the rims.
    But that's probably cause I see a little red tinge in that gold hue.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

tb33anda3rd, ct1932ford and loudbang like this.
  10. Chuck Craig

Chuck Craig
    from Ocala FL

Just got back from the winter in FL. and your pix of the coupe made me want to work on my 34 STD. IT needs to be finished but the 39 trk needs work before we take it to burning up the beaches in a few weeks.

volvobrynk, tb33anda3rd and loudbang like this.
  11. took the car to my cousin Lori's daughter Chelsea's engagement party today. 175 mile round trip to westbrook ct. since they live in Georgia, it was the first time they had seen the car finished. my uncle Joe had built the car with my dad. Chelsea was just a baby when uncle Joe died. i brought the car in his remembrance. DSCF0016.JPG DSCF0027.JPG

12. my other cousin Cheryl was also up from Virginia, so good to see them all. DSCF0022.JPG

Toms Dogs, Ric Dean, Stogy and 7 others like this.
  13. A great looking car and lots of smiling faces make for a perfect day!

14. Very cool for them to see the 33. I bet they weren't disappointed!

loudbang, volvobrynk and tb33anda3rd like this.
  15. All your cousins are good looking!:rolleyes: Thanks cuz!:p

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

Wheel or hubcap change? Bob[​IMG]

17. made my cousin Lori cry......she was so glad i brought it.

yup.
    Cheryl, hosts a cbs mid day tv program in virginia.

those are just on for highway driving. 84 through waterbury is brutal and I95 is a cow path......can't risk losing the lancers. i usually swop them when i get where i am going but since i was in a suit i didn't bother.

Stogy, ct1932ford, Fern 54 and 3 others like this.
  18. The37Kid

The37Kid

Suit? Photos or it didn't happen. o_OBob

TFoch, Runnin shine and volvobrynk like this.
  19. hah, i am waiting from photos from the rest of the family.

loudbang, TFoch and volvobrynk like this.
  20. looks just like this, but i am taller now. tray8--71.jpg

Toms Dogs, Jet96, Stogy and 6 others like this.
  21. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Is the chubby kid you, and the tall one is that @The37Kid ?

kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  22. the chubby kid is me and that is not Bob. the height difference is about right tho.

23. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Its all right to be chubby at that age, my wife tells me, maybe even cute.
    But when it comes back later in life, not so much!

24. The37Kid

The37Kid

upload_2017-6-4_13-44-21.png This egg painting rack is in the wrong thread isn't it?

stanlow69, Stogy, volvobrynk and 2 others like this.
  25. F&J

F&J

Yo Ted...eat your heart out...lol...I spotted an old car on the way to Kenny's this morning, it was pulling into a LONG private driveway, so as I am pretty good, er ...no..DAMN good at making new friends, that is just what happened...look at what I found, only because I followed that car:
    100_1176.JPG
    ^^^ ALL are CHEVY's !!!! The Green one to the right is a customer car, the others above are all his. The car I followed was the one on the far left, a survivor, not restored

100_1177.JPG
    ^^^ this one is his too, shown going back in, as the huge group of people there were leaving for HERSHEY very SOON, so I decided to not hang around as long as I wished...but we exchanged contact info..HE wanted it! The one above as you must know, is a Master Series, a 34. The color on that one in the sun, was like WOW, some sort of deep Kandy.
    100_1178.JPG

A work room was open as I headed back to my car...I don't know if this is his, or customer Chevy! Hey, half the crew were CT guys, other half flew in from Cal, Washington, and Oregon !!! Party time for those guys for sure....had to be a dozen guys there..all 33-34 mostly, but one was a 32 guy, one had an 1918 V8 at home..all Chevy's

I then went to Kenny's and spotted this super rare Chevy heater...it was in his pile going to Hershey swap. He said it must be very early 30s?, and neither of us ever saw one like this, so I emailed a pic to the above shop owner as soon as I got home, with Kens space # and when he will be arriving. I did get to talk pretty good with 2 or 3 guys there, saw a LOT of cell pics of big Chevy collections in the west coast private garages! Fun day. :)
    100_1186.JPG

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    Jet96, Stogy, loudbang and 5 others like this.
  26. awesome. glad to here there are chevys around. really cool, are they looking for any specific parts? was any of their stuff for sale?
    i hope i run into them at hershey.

loudbang, TFoch and ct1932ford like this.
  27. I like being set up in Hershey next to a Chevy guy! No competition!:rolleyes: And he has cold beer!:p

loudbang, F&J and Runnin shine like this.
  28. F&J

F&J

I have no idea on parts, but I will be pretty confident to say those cars of his will never be for sale. Keep in mind, I "invited" myself in there! The only way I fit in..was when I rattled off that I own a stock 34 LaS conv and a 32 Nash conv sedan... then most of them let down their guard instantly. One guy sure did not, though. He stayed quiet when I tried to chat.

loudbang likes this.
  29. Chevy Guys!:confused:

loudbang and F&J like this.