Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Cal-Nev Roadster Association

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stillrunners, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Guess most of you have heard of them..... 49 cal nev dry lakes.jpg

kidcampbell71 and Stogy like this.
  2. What, what, what!! That's nice!

Is this yours?

I have a thread with pics of Nor-Cal and Cal-Neva hot rods.

kidcampbell71 and stillrunners like this.
  3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

guess I am not part of "most" - give more details

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

My friend Bud Jones ran a few of their meets. In a coupe. So it wasn't an all roadster group. Bud is gone now so I can't ask him about it. Often wondered if they ran at Black Rock or another dry lake

5. V8RPU

V8RPU
    from Nor Cal

My 29 roadster was run four years at the CalNeva dry lakes meets. The site was just outside of Reno. The first two years the car was driven to the meets. The next two years it was towed up at the request of the owners wife. The car was taken apart in 1953 to "make it go faster" and was never put back together until I bought it in 2013. The picture is on the salt flats taken on the way to the Hot Rod Hillclimb in Georgetown Co. Please post any more CalNeva items you have. It is very cool yo see it.

IMG_6214 copy.JPG

6. This is from my uncle's stuff I inherited. Our time together was more of just chilling.....as he stated more that once that he had been "interviewed " and the interviewer's all ways printed what they wanted - not what he had experienced or said.

He was a member of Capital Auto Club....The Thunderbolts out of Sacramento.....

7. akbo47

akbo47
    from norcal

From Rudy Perez's directions "Drive on 395 north not far from Reno, We'd see a bar with a big neon sign that you would turn in onto the road and drive between two mountains" The bar is long gone but I believe the day lake that was used is called Dead Cow Lakebed. It's a big dry lake and has the Dead Cow Lakebed Airstip Untitled.jpg

8. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks pretty good to me...just west of Pyramid Lake north of Reno. It’s on Google Earth under Dead Cow dry lake, Nevada...

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  9. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man!!!-------Is ol' Rudy still around????????

10. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

11. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rudy's old LAR member #134

12. Sorry - I thought I followed up with the contents of that program here - maybe I can dig it out if y'all are interested. Think I might have posted it in "My Uncle's Stuff" thread.

13. Pretty sure this is the inside...will look it up. There's a picture of Dick Bertolucci's 38 Chevy - Leroys custom 37 Chevy and I'd be guessing but another Capital Auto club/Thunderbolts 37/38 Chevy at the dry lakes somewhere - not sure if it was Nevada or what . cal nev 2.jpg cal nev tbolt times.jpg