Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Our obsessions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Might as well like my own car huh?...:rolleyes:

Thanks Pal that definitely my obsession...also My Ole Hotrod...Gonna try to get out to one of the last cruises of the season tomorrow.
    That's an interesting shot for another reason. I always get a chuckle over is the interlock stone matches @edwardlloyd's pavers in Germany.​

ladyhrp, els, wicarnut and 1 other person like this.
  2. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Won't ever forget that day for obvious reasons. Coming up on the two year anniversary of that day! How time flies!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your flying on that thing Fitness...;)...and your taken it on quite an interesting journey.

ladyhrp, els and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Collectibles

Kooky

0_20170920_222516.jpg

&
    Cool

0_20170920_223359.jpg

0_20170920_223347.jpg

enloe, ladyhrp, els and 1 other person like this.
  5. Poh

Poh
    from Quincy,Ca.

Stogy, this is your Sport Coupe? Did you make your top removable? Or is it just a hardtop? Do you have a thread on doing it?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Poh...yes this is my coupe. It was built by @HomemadeHardtop57 (Jerry) in a thread posted below. I believe @Koz a good friend of his and also a builder had a big hand in the vintage aircraft styled top which is in fact removable albiet I leave it on. I really like the style of this unique Hotrod and am having fun with it.
    Jerry is a quite an accomplished builder and has moved onto creating other stellar hotrods along the way. Do check them out.
    Also Jerry is a great thread guy and documents all processes very thoroughly and the top is in there.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...oject-for-the-wife.464364/page-2#post-5280922

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    ladyhrp, els and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  7. Link doesn't work. HRP

The H.A.M.B. - Error

ladyhrp and els like this.
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think I fixed it HRP...;)...red x's hope theres not to many...

ladyhrp, HOTRODPRIMER and els like this.
  9. Still a bad link. HRP

ladyhrp, els and Stogy like this.
  10. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Right click the link Danny and select open in new tab, for some reason it works fine that way.

11. I used to have a collection of "DO NOT REMOVE THIS TAG" tags from mattresses and pillows that I collected in motel all across this nation in the '70s. Does that count? ( funny the things you will do when you are really twisted in a cheap motel and even the radio doesn't work)

I am not really that enamored with a specific year or brand autobody. I have a pile of Model A stuff now that I probably will not use, an original nickel plated gauge panel, the original ( and rusted all to hell) tail light. Stuff like that. I do have a tendency to hang onto things like that from cars that I build. But they are pretty random unless you were there for the sweat, burns and skint knuckles.

enloe, ladyhrp, HOTRODPRIMER and 2 others like this.
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Danny I click on link and it works...only problem is the thread has been decimated with the dreaded red x's...so @Poh the top starts around page 6 of thread and some pics survived. This is off topic to the thread in a sense or is it...maybe not...the obsession to get details...:p...If you want I can take some detail shots and pm them to you. Let me know.
    This red x thing wrecked a lot of history...too bad...:(

One more link...

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...oject-for-the-wife.464364/page-2#post-5280922

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  13. Yeah,PB screwed up thousands of threads,hopefully their arrogance & greedy ways will be their demise! HRP

ladyhrp, els, Blue One and 1 other person like this.
  14. BTW,I was able to access the thread following Larry's suggestion. HRP

ladyhrp, els, Blue One and 1 other person like this.
  15. I have this thing about brass. I've been collecting pieces to use someday, hopefully in my panel truck project.

Under the hood on the firewall........
    DSCN0091.JPG

Coolant recovery tank...... DSCN0165.JPG

I was real close to picking these gals up for valve cover trim, but had to pass, the price point was too steep......
    valvecoverx.jpg

16. Poh

Poh
    from Quincy,Ca.

Thanks fellas!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

17. Is that a old fire extinguisher? HRP

upload_2017-9-22_14-0-17.jpeg

ladyhrp, Stogy and els like this.
  18. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Sometimes people collect them for us.
    I generally don't collect knick knacks like this clock, my buddy gave it to me for my birthday.

20170922_141331.jpg

ladyhrp, HOTRODPRIMER and Stogy like this.
  19. Yepper, it is. It had a lot of hardware inside for the original pump mechanism so I had to cut the bottom open to gut it and braise it back. It has a standpipe now for overflow and a simple hose reaches to the bottom for draw back to the radiator.

ladyhrp, Stogy and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  20. The Answer is YES!
    PLANE 003.JPG SIGNS 001.JPG Legion Ascot Speedway 001.jpg 32 issue 001.jpg Stuff 011.JPG IMG_8346.JPG IMG_8347.JPG IMG_8349.JPG IMG_8348.JPG IMG_8350.JPG IMG_8351.JPG IMG_8354.JPG IMG_8364.JPG IMG_8361.JPG IMG_8345.JPG IMG_8359.JPG IMG_8358.JPG IMG_1685.JPG IMG_1687.JPG IMG_1688.JPG IMG_1689.JPG IMG_1684.JPG
    Make It Stop! :p

21. We also have a couple of '54 Ford toy cars. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

An old friend of mine who passed away a few years back at the ripe old age of 94 was a Studebaker car dealer until they closed it down, his father was also a Studebaker car dealer and his grandfather was a Studebaker wagon dealer in New Orleans. He had a lot of old car pics thru the years including pics of the wagons being put together as they were shipped to the dealer unassembled for final assembly.
    Was very fortunate to know the man and learn about the 3 generations of Studebaker dealers.

Blue One, tofords, ladyhrp and 2 others like this.
  23. tofords

tofords

24. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

61axFiLogqL._SX355_.jpg
    I picked up this the other day...reminded me of my roadster.

ladyhrp and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  25. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Grandma gifted this to me...not sure what the connection was or she just saw it and thought of me...Mr car nut. I suppose its sat on someones desk as a paperweight and its definitely kinda special. My Grandpa had a 63 Studebaker and I remember cruise n around in it with him. That's a cool story Sheep and glad it brought back some good memories..

ladyhrp and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  26. ladyhrp likes this.
  27. I also have a obsession in collecting '54 Ford advertisements,especially wagons. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blue One, tofords and ladyhrp like this.
  28. ladyhrp

ladyhrp

Danny is so obsessed with 1932 Fords he has a rusty bumper collection.

Stogy, Blue One and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  29. I've been saving the 8.5 x 11" handbills that are passed out to advertise the "next" car show. I also print out some I find online. They don't take up much space and maybe someday they'll be interesting because they're from the "old days".

Back in the 50's, my grandpa chewed Redman Tobacco and used to give me fist fulls of baseball cards when I came to visit. I wasn't a fan and I didn't save a one. I'm too soon old and too late smart!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  30. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Boy, I hate it when that happens!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.