Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

That's cool. Although calling a car built in 1957 a "late model" made me chuckle. What's a car built in the nineties called? A Late-late-late-late-late-late-late, really late model? :p

ElAndy, RaginPin3Appl3 and e1956v like this.
  2. 2redrovers

2redrovers

Plastic

3. OK...I did......

1.jpg 2.jpg

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    55Deso, kiwijeff, Fern 54 and 6 others like this.
  4. RaginPin3Appl3

RaginPin3Appl3

5. I really like that second version @themoose did.
    Kind of like a 4 door version of Dave Jenkins '57.

themoose and gonmad like this.
  6. Gas_Tires_Oil

Gas_Tires_Oil

Moose is the man!! I like this one...

[​IMG]

whtbaron and themoose like this.
  7. burdie5533

burdie5533

IMG_5107.JPG Here is a better picture. I would like to see some updated wheels and tires please.

8. wheels.jpg

kiwijeff likes this.
  9. verde742

verde742

AND. TUCKING HEADLITES "back". WHERE THEY BELONG

10. Shaun1162

Shaun1162

That looks awesome! I'll try get a copy of our logo, think we have copies from the guy that letters our trucks. Thanks again!

I like the new stance and height adjustment! I keep looking at those headlights, but I'm not sure I could stand to cut big holes in the fenders... My luck, I'd mess it up! Thanks for the visual!

What do you guys think of like '39 Ford truck headlights? Perhaps they'd be too big on there though...

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. I hope the OP is not upset with this but just wanted to see how it would look... top.jpg

kiwijeff likes this.
  12. If he lost the mirrors to a more traditional set, maybe some other more traditional touches, that would be a sweet ride.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. singledownloop

singledownloop

pv544 converted to coupe.jpg pv444 coupe.jpg I am collecting parts to convert my 444 into a coupe.I'm trying to figure out what the best length is for the rear side windows.The stock window opening measures "25.5 halfway up the front of opening to the center of the curved rear section.I'm having a real hard time deciding the size of the rear side windows.Also trying to figure out how far back the coupe roof should go.For measurement references the stainless trim on the door is "39.5 long and the trim under the rear side window is "40.5 long.I appreciate any help. volvo_pv544_01.jpg
    Also including a pic of a coupe I really like the dimensions on.I'd duplicate the chop,rear side window length,and where the back of the roof stops if I could figure out the measurements used.This is the only pic I've been able to find and it's at an angle. View attachment 3655123

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    volvobrynk likes this.
  14. singledownloop

singledownloop

Wow that's great,thank you very much.Planning to put a 60 degree 2.8 gm engine and 5 speed in it.Will definitely need better brakes.
    Another favor if you have time.I'm going to put a small back glass in it so can you remove the back glass in the pic.Also could you lower it 3" or so?How much did you shorten the side glass and the roof?Thanks again.

15. Here it is lower with a small rear window and one superimposed for comparison of roof /window line

low.jpg comparison.jpg

Rot 'n Kustom and verde742 like this.
  16. verde742

verde742

17. singledownloop

singledownloop

Wow it looks like you have this down to an art form,it's much appreciated.At the risk of being a pest will you remove the bumpers and the exhaust?And lastly would you lower the trunk line down to even with the bottom of the side windows.I'm including a pic of the car I recently bought specifically to convert to a coupe,thanks again. CO 444.jpg

18. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Leave the bumpers and please chrome them.....

19. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Just a thought: How about lopping off the roof completely and go for a Carson-topped tub?
    PV 544 Carson Final.jpg

whtbaron, gonmad and themoose like this.

20. Here ya go...I'm not too sure about the lower trunk line though.

no bumpers.jpg

21. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I think the sweet spot would be somewhere in between the two. The first rendering appears that the deck lid is too high and the second rendering it appears too low.

22. One more then...... one more.jpg

whtbaron and Shaun1162 like this.
  23. singledownloop

singledownloop

This is awesome i'm going to use it as reference during my build.I'm going to print your last pic and put in in my garage.I really appreciate you doing this for me.

24. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

That look much better to me, at least! Moose you are fantastic, with all of your help with decision making for the HAMB.

themoose and singledownloop like this.
  25. singledownloop

singledownloop

I don't like carson tops enough to want one.Digging the hubcaps you photoshoped.

26. Thanks for the complements guys and @singledownloop, I'm glad this was a help to you...That's why I enjoy doing this Photoshop stuff;)!!!

kiwijeff, Shaun1162, Sancho and 3 others like this.