Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1933 Plymouth

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by CGuidotti, Sep 2, 2017.

1. IF you think you have to chop it, listen to these guys, it ain't a ford, it already is chopped!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    32 rails, don't like the front fenders? If you want it to look like a Ford, buy a Ford.

2. is it a 4x4?

3. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

One of the 1st cars I ever owned was a 33 Plymouth 5-w coupe. A buddy & I bought it for $50, and were going to race it. It had a 55 Olds engine, model A rear end, 3 speed trans.. Stock body & frame, with the body channeled over the frame 3 ". The grill shell was chopped down to about model A size. We ran a moon fuel tank out in front of the radiator. It ran B/Comp.. It would run the length of the drag strip almost in the 1st two gears, but kept busting up the rear end. We sold it at the end of the summer because my buddy's Dad needed his garage for the winter, and we were not smart enough to buy anti-freeze and a tarp. The car changed hands several times in Louisville, but the last time I saw it, it was painted off pink primer, and running a Chevy small block. I've always loved the lines of a 33 Plymouth, but as I got older I came to love them full-fendered, rather that without. Good luck on your build, sorry I never took any pictures to show you what it looked like.

volvobrynk and Gman0046 like this.
  4. Chris Pistoresi

Chris Pistoresi
    Member Emeritus

Hemis are cool and run great. If you run a low deck DeSoto or Dodge Hemi you can run the hood sides without clearance problems. Gotta keep it MoPar. But you are right, a 383 would haul and fit without breaking the bank. I'm running a 291 DeSoto, if you are interested I've got a 276 DeSoto for $800.00 that needs rebuilding.

Attached Files:

5. CGuidotti

CGuidotti

That is one of the nicest Plymouths I've seen. You nailed it

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. bschwoeble

bschwoeble

Looks way cool channeled just a pinch on deuce frame. What you did to the rear makes it look so much better than stock. That is truly a hot rod. Love it.

7. Suthunman

Suthunman

image.jpeg How about something like this?

8. Gman0046

Gman0046

Suthunman, now thats what I'm talking about. Whats not to like? I love it. The only thing I'd add is chrome bumpers.. No chop (which would destroy the cars proportions) and full fendered with what I think have the best fender lines of early thirties cars.

I can't imagine why someone would chop it and make a highboy out of such a good looking car.

If I ever got another thirties car it would be a 33 Plymouth PD 5 window coupe. The one I had was a 350/350, M ll front end and Nova rear. Those long wheel base coupes really go down the road.

Gary

exterminator likes this.
  9. Suthunman

Suthunman

image.jpeg
    Mine is built like the one you had but I'm not sure what kind of rear it has. But don't tell any one about what's under the hood.......I don't want to wake the Chevy under the hood police. LOL. It runs and drives great! I like the no bumpers look. I can't imagine someone chopping one of these, I have to stop back a ways from a stop light already.

10. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Build thread is on here under 33 Dodge Coupe. Put it on the road three weeks ago. All mopar. DSCF1837.JPG DSCF1838.JPG

11. Suthunman

Suthunman

Fat47...........looks awesome!

12. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

'Nervous'? I've done some, good metal to weld. Just jig up properly, and don't let your weld hand tremble...:p:D

13. Suthunman

Suthunman

image.jpeg
    Now what would make you say something like that? :)

kiwijeff and exterminator like this.
  14. Love the full fenders and low hot rod stance on these. Only thing i'd change are those dang wheels! Sorry :), and maybe put some steelies or Halibrands on it.

kiwijeff likes this.
  15. Here's a couple from my area... 100_5461.JPG 100_4683 (Medium).JPG

16. Suthunman

Suthunman

LOL..........everyone gives me hell about those wheels! This car was another man's dream before I bought it from his widow. The wheels were one of the first things he bought and the car was actually built around those wheels. Maybe I'll change them one of these days.

Scooterville likes this.
  17. It's all good man. Was just havin' a little fun. I'd drive it like that if I had too. Looks great!

18. DaveH_RRTX

DaveH_RRTX

My '34 Dodge; still a work in progress but running and driving it regularly. Original frame, Mustang II front end, 8" Maverick rear end. No chop. You guys don't want to hear about the engine and transmission. POTS_GTOWN2b.png

19. texas red dodge

texas red dodge

20. earlymopar

earlymopar

Don't!!!!!!!!!

HemiDave and Blue One like this.
  21. trey32

trey32

Flip a coin...

22. Suthunman

Suthunman

Nooooooooooooooooo!

HemiDave and Blue One like this.
  23. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

24. Suthunman

Suthunman

That's awesome TTR! I bet a road trip takes about twice as long in that car vs a regular car. I'm sure everywhere you stop you have to answer questions about your car. Looks great!

volvobrynk likes this.
  25. I like the fendered versions well enough, but anyone thinking the fenderless versions posted are ugly, need to look again. They look great both ways, in my opinion, but Damn, these things scream hot rod.

26. trey32

trey32

Man, that Plymouth roadster.....

Just gorgeous!!!

27. texas red dodge

texas red dodge

28. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Yeah that beaut is a breath of fresh air around here.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

clunker likes this.
  29. Hombre

Hombre

Road trip threads pop up now and again, They are usually a pretty big hit. I for one would be interested in some of your trips, post um up and start your own thread.

30. trey32

trey32

TTR, start a thread...

Inquirin' minds wanna know...

Hombre likes this.