Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 57 corvette suggestion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scotty t, Aug 7, 2017.

1. You can fab the mounts . Brotha

els likes this.
  2. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

You buy the motor and I'll make you some motor mounts

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

els likes this.
  3. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Whatever you do, DO NOT punch a hole in the hood for a blower or scoop.
    Keep it as it is.

els and pbr40 like this.
  4. Do it dumped in front, whitewall pie crust slicks, no hood, 4 97 carbs like a Norm T corvette, that'll get them thinking.

els likes this.
  5. Black Clover Custom

Black Clover Custom

You have access to a 427 and its a question still????? No other engine should go in it first if you are taking the existing motor out. You wont ever have more fun with it than with a 427. Period. :) But i would keep some highway gears in a 4 spd so it can fly. Paint it the original color your dad bought it with and call it done. Wow. lucky.

els, enloe and scotty t like this.
  6. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

[​IMG]
    Here's an idea :)
    Just Kidding

7. IMG_1419.JPG WOO HOO!!

Baron, els, enloe and 4 others like this.
  8. That's what it's all about!^

9. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

20160704_092459.jpg 20160704_091843.jpg
    I've got your 57's older brother a 56
    A big WOO HOO from me too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

scotty t, Bowtie Coupe, els and 2 others like this.
  10. Well after putting a couple hundred miles on it the O/D 4spd has some odd gear spacing compared to a Muncie but it all works together pretty well, I plan to leave it as is for now. Gotta finish some other projects then maybe I'll play around with it.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    els and Baron like this.
  11. els likes this.
  12. Scotty: was it you I bought the 1960 hood from?. it has a 1967 BB scoop on it.
    I was traveling back to Oregon from Michigan and picked the hood up from your yard. You'd said where to getit
    This was about 10 years ago.
    I'm assembling the final parts for my 60 and will do the build next summer. I've had the car since 1977.

scotty t and els like this.
  13. mike in tucson

mike in tucson
    from Tucson

They made something 6339 of these? Please don't alter the body from stock in any way.....suspension, engine, and trans mods are OK but leave the outside and interior stock.....they are unique enough to NOT need any changes. My roommate in college had a dark green 57 that he bought for $1000. It was a chick magnet back then ('69). He had an uncanny ability to talk the girl into riding topless while sitting on the top panel.

Budget36, scotty t and els like this.
  14. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your dad perfected it.......leave it alone. and enjoy it....sounds like he has it down to be driven to wear out tires and have fun. I can help you build a Trailer Queen....like my Gasser.....Don't...

15. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

I've owned my 57 since 2001 (aztec copper car) 283/245 hp 3 speed manual. IMO I'd go with a vintage SBC 283 or 327, 2-4's or tri-power. Try to keep it close to stock or a 60's hot rodded style.It'll hold it's value better in the long run. As far as the paint I'd go with a stock 57 color. I've talked with a couple of Vette restorers and both have told me it'd be about $20 k for a bare glass paint job. Strip, repair, gel coat, prime etc. so be prepared if you go that route. Good luck. DSC01710.JPG

Roadster pu 1929 and Baron like this.
  16. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hi Brett. Good advice. I need your email address to send you some more pics of your 3W. Mine is [email protected]. Happy Thanksgiving.