Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The Side Project Coupe Finale

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

The Side Project Coupe Finale

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Tim, Baron, 63fdsnr and 9 others like this.
  2. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I love the look of a car that gets used, after all that is what they were originally meant for.

els and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. belair

belair

Sits right, the interior is perrrrrfect, the SBC is spot-on, and the sound slays. So yeah, a home run. Thanks for motivating me on my coupe.

4. HelmuthBrothers

HelmuthBrothers
    from New Jersey

Love this little thing. It just screams drive me. I wouldn't be afraid to take this thing anywhere. Happy to see if finally photographed well. The shoot was as simple and to-the-point as the car itself. Perfect job.

5. catdad49

catdad49

Sorry for your loss, time will heal the emptiness in your garage. It's great to see this little tribute of photos that you made and glad that Randy is doing better. Thanks, this is one of my favorites, Carp.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  6. Rand Man

Rand Man

Up until about a month ago, it looked like I may never get to drive a stick again. Now I'm ready to drive it as much as possible. Thanks Ryan and Keith, for everything!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

7. Great write-up, well said and pretty fab photography as well of a sweet car.

els likes this.
  8. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Great little coupe, I wouldn't change a thing!

els likes this.
  9. What really stands out is the simplicity of the car,it's not flashy but has a look that draws you in.

It has it's share of bumps & bruises and still stands tall!

I also like the idea of no hood and no excuses - the lack of a electric fan just makes me smile! HRP

els likes this.
  10. Glad to hear you are on the mend,never give up. HRP

Late to the Party, Rand Man and els like this.
  11. I like it!

els likes this.
  12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Yep, Tardel hit it out of the park with the build but, most important is that the current care taker - Rand Man - is able get on the road with it

els, Sancho and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Bitchin'

els likes this.
  14. Very nice! Glad to see I'm not the only one who hooks triples all together. I like to watch all the linkage on 97s work in unison and I tell everyone who asks that "my foot is progressive".

Can't wait to get on my next coupe project. :)

15. So nice to see a '29 built with full fenders. Apparently the front splash apron was once chromed. Afraid I would have to rattle can it black.

16. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

You'd think so but along with all the other old chrome it just works in person.

From the look and feel of the car to the smell and the SOUND of those rowdy pipes I absolutely love this car. And while there are always things I may have done different, if it were mine I'd do nothing but drive the damn thing

els and Rand Man like this.
  17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

A few people have said that... For some reason, that old chrome splash apron is actually my favorite part on the car.

Surfcityrocker, plan9, els and 7 others like this.
  18. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi RandMan.Good looking ride.Wishing you a speedy recovery.Spent some time in Rogers back in the late 60`s.Was at that time a neat little town,with some great people too.Good fishing there too.Stayed at the Hotel Rogers at 223 West Walnut.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

els and Rand Man like this.
  19. There's only 2 things I'd change but even without the changes, the car is outrageously casual. It reminds me of a nuclear scientist wearing a worn pair of comfortable bib overalls.

els, AHotRod, Tim and 1 other person like this.
  20. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

Glad that its out of there, nothing against Rand man.... But maybe there is room and time to get that 38 done.....;);););)

els and Sancho like this.
  21. don daddyo

don daddyo

That is the way a Hot Rod should be ...in my opinion,that is the way I want my 29 Roadster to be , Thanks Ryan to show us the real deal......I love it.

els likes this.
  22. slowmotion

slowmotion

That thing wears like my favorite old blue jeans. Comfy as they come, perfect.

els likes this.
  23. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

Metal exposed in the paint and the roof will only get worse over time, that should have been addressed before calling her finished

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

The roof isn't showing metal, it's the top layer of that vinyl insert flaking off. It just looks like bare metal at a glance.

els likes this.
  25. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

But all around the car it is. Check out the trunk. Give it a once over..

*Sits back and waits for the onslaught.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

26. Rand Man

Rand Man

The paint is just fine for me. Thanks for your concern. I had planned to buff out the 1960's lacquer when I first got the car a year ago. Of course that hasn't happened yet. At some point, I will probably blow the car apart and give it a nice, new coat of paint. I'm thinking a dark Andalusite Blue. Don't look for that change any time soon.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Late to the Party and Sancho like this.
  27. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

This is a casual car. Why stress out about it? That paint as it stands is honest history. It would be a shame to paint this car until it absolutely needs it to save the metal. Currently, there is zero rust on the car... or even signs of it... It's just so damned honest.

In my opinion, enjoying this stuff while you have it is a very important key to really understanding why we do all of this shit.

Oh, and the roof? It's galvanized as done sometime in the late 50's or 60's. It's not going anywhere.

els, mctim64, catdad49 and 7 others like this.
  28. could be described as just another black A with a small block but the chrome splash pan, hubcaps, rumble lid not changed to trunk, plaid interior, stick, gen', exhaust are some of the things that set it apart.

els likes this.
  29. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wouldn't change a thing...ever. Easy to see a form of Gearhead lust developing rapidly especially if it was sitting in my garage with me walking by over and over. Glad your on the mend @Rand Man cool Hotrod and thanks for the pic and video spread Boss...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    els, flamingokid and Rand Man like this.
  30. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Think you touched upon all the important points in this debate... my coupe will be "casual" as well. Trailer queens need not apply. Damn fine coupe, wouldn't change a thing

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

els likes this.