Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Run What Ya Brung @ Reynolds, GA OCT.21,2017

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Whelp 68 days to go. Hope to have clear skies and cool temps Oct 21st.

68 countdown.jpg

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    els and loudbang like this.
  2. 67 days all upside down ad turned around :confused:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dog_Patch, els and loudbang like this.
  3. New page, need a flyer up top :cool:

RWYB 12.jpg

Dog_Patch, els and loudbang like this.
  4. Wow the days are plowing through. :eek: Lookout!!! :eek: :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Genuine 4D racing from back in the day :eek: Drifting across the bleachers :cool:

[​IMG]

6. The days are clicking by fast. So fast I missed #61. :eek:

#60 is no exception and is plowing on through :cool:

[​IMG]

7. Who's ready to rumble? He sure was :cool:

[​IMG]

Dog_Patch, Floater03 and els like this.
  8. loudbang

loudbang

Driver looks about 12 years old.

Floater03 and els like this.
  9. Yes he does Mr. Loudbang :cool: Maybe he's just posing in his ole man's car :confused:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

els, Dog_Patch and Floater03 like this.
  10. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Just saw on another page that someone else is joining forces with GJ on our date. Anyhow, I need to get going on the shirt deal, haven't talked to my shirt guy but hoping things will be about the same this year. Andrew, can you shoot me a shirt friendly rendering of our flyer? If I can figure out how to cut and paste, I can do something with the original if need be. Edit: I also noticed that SDMP has a RWYB event on their calendar the Saturday after our deal.

els and loudbang like this.
  11. brianf31

brianf31
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Will this be part swap meet as well?

els and GAOldsman like this.
  12. chopped

chopped

Always a few sellers.

els, Dog_Patch and GAOldsman like this.
  13. Yep all the space you need

els, Dog_Patch and Floater03 like this.
  14. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hold him hook! :eek:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

With the news of the last couple of days from my Drs, there's a good chance that BGII will be back in the fray.

16. Scot, you're the man with these countdown updates!
    DOM, when we get the BGII back together, if you're not up to the task of bangin' gears due to recovery, I'll volunteer to the take her out. You may have to twist my arm a little, but I'll step up and make the sacrifice. :)

els, Floater03, Dog_Patch and 2 others like this.
  17. Fiddle Picker

Fiddle Picker

I think ol DOM will be ready to bang them gears by then. Here's hoping !!

els, Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  18. Tanks Josephus. Most pics are from roundy-round from back in the day. I try to keep them relevant to the thread. I wish I could find old drag racing, bonneville or TROG pics, but it would be a search for sure.

Dave any new news on the procedure date, now that you know the cement won't adversely affect you? With the Mother-in-law they're taking a plate with screws and using the ground up bone spurs along with marrow from her hip to fuse them together. I think her damage may be more extensive.

els, Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  19. Far left... #46 :cool:

[​IMG]

#46 coming on through :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. 45 countdown2.JPG

Termites :eek: :D :D

45 countdown.JPG

els, loudbang and Dog_Patch like this.
  21. SCOTT - Thinking out loud! Hear me out - Any chance we could think about holding this year's Run What You Brung at Commerce??????? The gear jam deal is the same weekend. We can camp just the same and run test and tune just the same but could be able to see the bigger show. We can assemble our camp in a general area back away from everyone and have the same deal.

JUST THINKING OUT LOUD but I think it could be cool. I love what we do but would also like to see the Gear Jam and be part of that crowd. It is a busy weekend - I think SEG has a race elsewhere and maybe Paradise is that weekend too? IT is CRAZY.

els likes this.
  22. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I realize this message from Tudor is directed to GAOldsman and not me, but you called me about an hour later with the same idea, and I'll type here what I told you over the phone:
    I want no part of Commerce, Gear Jam, or Brad O'Cock's doings.
    We announced this deal on Feb. 28th and you want to change it now, 6 weeks and 2 days before the event? BULLSHIT!!!!!
    I still don't know when I will be well enough to put BGII back together before RWYB, but I'll be there at Silver Dollar in Reynolds, GA on Oct. 21, 2017 with at least my '40 coupe.
    On edit: Just checked SEG DOES NOT HAVE AN EVENT THAT DATE OCT 7 IS THEIR DATE.

s

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    els and Floater03 like this.

23. DOM! You're absolutely right and I am sorry I even brought it up. I was just thinking out loud.

I think the SEG race is actually on the 14th at Myrtle - glad it isn't the 21st as well. Never mind - Sorry I mentioned it. Didn't mean to stir the pot and am sure glad you're going to try and make it.

els and 48fordnut like this.