Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods HalibrandSteve where are you? I sent you $1065 in Mar 2017 and never got my parts!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 33highboy, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. els and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. Anything I would say at this point would border on political. So suffice to say that times have changed.

But let me tell a story that has little to nothing to do with the conversation. There once was a man who was a good man and kind to everyone including his neighbors who he welcomed with open arms. One day the man got a new neighbor who was a very rude fellow, the man tried to be kind anyway but after a while the man also became a rude fellow.

I just wanted to say that. :)

Blueone,
    Economical situation is no excuse for stealing. When one sells something and does not deliver as agreed upon that is stealing.

Once the money has arrived honesty says that you deliver first and what is left after delivery is yours. You don't accept someone's money spend it then say, "Well gee wiz, I didn't have enough to ship you the parts, money is tight these days."

I want to say this about a fellow HAMBer and a Canadian, it has been a few years that I made a deal with a man from *Alberta to purchase an axle. He shipped the axle as agreed upon and for whatever reason it made its way to Phoenix and not Kansas City. The gentleman contacted me and let me know of the faux pas as soon as the axle returned to him undeliverable. He repackaged the axle with the original packaging still intact. And shipped it again. I offered to split the shipping with him for the second round and he refused. He said, "Mr Pk'n'Bner our deal was X amount of dollars to your door, the shipping problem falls on me and I am sorry that it has taken so long."

*I have visited Alberta twice, one I rode from the border crossing at Surry to Calgary, and once just into Jasper National Park. Beautiful place and good times were had both trips. ;)

brad2v, els, kiwijeff and 3 others like this.
  3. Doesn't seem that odd. They have a guy from another country with pretty much zero proof of anything other than a string of messages back a forth on a message board they have probably never heard of. There are probably a 1000 internet deals that go bad everyday. They don't have the resources to investigate every individual case. They may log a complaint and when they get enough complaints about one particular person or organization they will investigate. A one off deal gone bad? Not surprising they won't do anything. I am not saying it's right as it's still a crime but it's the reality of the world.

4. I have discovered that dealing internationally with governing bodies is a little tricky. one thing that we as citizens of the United States do not understand is that what we have grown to accept as our given rights is not necessarily the same outside of the jurisdiction of our federal government. Sometimes what we believe is right and is mandated by the Fed doesn't even cross state lines. The Mods know that I am not being political here but just so everyone else understands I am not being political just stating some simple truths.

Add to that the load that any local enforcement agency has these days and it becomes real easy to understand why the local police did not get really excited about the problem. I would be willing to wager that even if someone contacted the American Embassy about the problem that they would hear snickers and giggles in the background. Our issues are not necessarily anyone else's I am afraid.

els, clunker, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  5. A Boner

A Boner

Guess Steve Phillips is a genuine dick head, eh.

els and dirty old man like this.
  6. Hey now, that's Richard Cranium.

Someone told me that he is going through a rough patch, I know its no excuse but we often rationalize things when we find ourselves between a rock and a hard spot.

els likes this.
  7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

13,000 views that should be plenty of pressure to deliver.

els and dirty old man like this.
  8. Ya know if the money is gone its gone, but I would be willing to chip in on the shipping if it will make it right for @33highboy.

I am so poor that I can't afford to pay attention but if someone can snag the parts and get me shipping I'll make sure that it happens.

Then we can chock it up to don't buy from this guy and leave it at that.

els, 26 T Ford RPU, JimSibley and 2 others like this.
  9. manyolcars

manyolcars

I would help pay shipping too. If enough of us did that it wouldnt cost much for any of us

els and kiwijeff like this.
  10. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

I'll help with it too. But we need a 3rd party willing to handle it and make it happen.

els and kiwijeff like this.
  11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Somebody over Steve's way has to orchestrate this and clarify if there is anything left to deliver. Then we can organize a raise the funds thing with a 3rd party after shipping cost is determined. I'd throw in a few $ to help ship as well.

12. The OP told me he would re pay the shipping costs and I offered to go get and ship the items if he could make arrangements with Steve to turn the parts over. I found a local phone number that is listed for Steve's address and sent it to the OP but have heard nothing back so I assume it either didn't work or Steve is dodging the calls. I am sorry but I am not about to go to a complete strangers house and demand he give me parts that are not mine without some prior arrangement being made. The ball is unfortunately in Steve's court and he doesn't seem to want to make good on this deal.

duncan, albertaboy, els and 5 others like this.
  13. Community all it takes is community. ;)

Yea it take a certain amount of diplomacy and sometimes when the deal isn't arranged properly it makes you nose hurt. LOL

Don't walk in cold on it, make sure that things are sorted before you leave the house. If it works out we done a good thing and if it doesn't we at least tried.

K13, els, 26 T Ford RPU and 1 other person like this.
  14. Unfortunately the diplomacy route has been tried and was clearly ignored by Steve.

els, Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks K13... @Blue One perhaps may make one last effort to talk to this fellow and yes the item is paid for as we understand and could therefore be handed over in trust. You guys have gone over and above already here and I thank you for your efforts to help out @33highboy.

els likes this.
  16. I just meant to keep you from getting your nose bent.

There is a guy here in town that comes up every once in a while that isn't probably 10 minutes from me. I would gladly drop by and I really do like a good beef once in a while, but it would land me in jail if he didn't cap me first. These things need to be arranged and usually the guy who didn't get it right is a little defensive if you catch my drift.

els likes this.
  17. quickchangeV8

quickchangeV8

Hey Fedcospeed; everyone here in Canada knows what Preparation H is used for. If you think you should use it to clear up your wrinkles and improve your facial appearance by all means you are certainly welcome to try.

powrshftr and els like this.
  18. ironrodder

ironrodder

I'm sure shipping was included in the first go round. Sending this guy more money would just follow the last. If he would have just paid the shipping out of the original payment he wouldn't be getting bad mouthed now. I find it real hard to find sympathy for his financial problems.

els likes this.
  19. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It would not be sent to him. Another party in good faith would pick up 33's goods and deliver should it be arranged. So the shipping money would go to the per-arranged party. This is a long shot but ya never know.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    els likes this.
  20. oj

oj

I'd be calling the police every day, twice daily until they get off their lazy ass' and at least talk tot he guy, this is not petty larceny. Find the police stations facebook page and light it up. It won't take them 10 minutes to talk to the guy, they file this report into the 'pushy American gets ripped off' file and then we become targets. It's the polices job to inquire, that is what they get paid for so tell them to quit dickin around and bang on a door.

els, lothiandon1940 and Lebowski like this.
  21. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I'm betting that Fedco has a really smooth butt :D:D:D

els likes this.
  22. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Pretty sure this would be a Civil matter and Not a Police problem.

els likes this.
  23. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is exactly the situation. You could throw in that there are two different countries involved. The OP could go the most worthless two routes and try small claims court and the Better Business Bureau. Either agency is as worthless as tits on a chicken. Sure you could get a judgment but you will never get your money.

Those of you whom dislike the police for various reasons and are quick to bad mouth them for a perceived problem that you have probably caused yourself are amazing. Next time slow down and you won't get the ticket. Next time don't let your girlfriend throw a beer bottle at the folks trying to help. It might keep you out of jail.

"Lazy ass"? Why is it ok to want to hassle the guy that doesn't send the parts but it is not when your are on the receiving end? You are a lot like the keyboard commandos that want to beat someone's ass over the phone. Lighten up.

els likes this.
  24. manyolcars

manyolcars

I met a old woman who put Prep H on her face before all the other makeup and she looked pretty good. Slim, long blonde hair.-- no wrinkles

bobss396 and els like this.
  25. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I'd be willing to chip in on shipping if Blue One had the parts in his possession and was willing to ship them if we got up enough money to pay the shipping and some more for his time and trouble.
    Don't always agree with him and have had some Gawdawful pissing matches with him here, but I respect him and believe that if he had enough contributions in hand to pay shipping and his time and was willing to take this on, I would trust him to do what he agreed to do.
    How 'bout it Blue One?

els, kiwijeff and Stogy like this.
  26. 5window

5window

"Add to that the load that any local enforcement agency has these days and it becomes real easy to understand why the local police did not get really excited about the problem. I would be willing to wager that even if someone contacted the American Embassy about the problem that they would hear snickers and giggles in the background. Our issues are not necessarily anyone else's I am afraid."
    Oh, no, no, no. Our highly trained diplomats will only snicker and giggle quietly under the Cone of Silence.

:)

els and The 39 guy like this.
  27. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Betcha she puckered up and gave you a nice kiss too...:D

Preparation H the double ended solution...;)

Who da thought...

That cracked me up...

Thanks for lightening up the serious situation Oldcars.​

els, lothiandon1940 and Blues4U like this.
  28. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

That idea has been tossed around but it has so far been decided that to act as a collection agent might not be the best thing to do.
    Not knowing what someone might do, situations like that can go sideways quickly so.....

els, clunker, K13 and 1 other person like this.
  29. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Just a joke thats all. The formula in the Canadian product is different than the states I am told. Just like the sudafed. Cant get it here. Women actually buy it here to do just that. Now can we move on

els and Stogy like this.
  30. ironrodder

ironrodder

My post at 10:30PM last night shows up at 2:37 PM today. Weird. Put it in a different context.
    I read an article years ago how actors after a late night of drinking kept a tube of Prep H in their glove box just to remove the bags from under their eyes.

els likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.