Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods HalibrandSteve where are you? I sent you $1065 in Mar 2017 and never got my parts!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 33highboy, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. your a good man Danny.
    i have always thought when you find someone who is a slime ball and catch him doing something wrong, you find the parents and give them a good slap.....

els, kiwijeff, pat59 and 2 others like this.
  2. :D:D
    They changed the rules a little bit with the current climate and Americans threatening a major exodus. Canada only wants professionals ( not blue collar professionals) now. I think that there are people who are large and in charge that remember the draft dodgers. LOL

It actually is no problem for me, I have relatives that own an island in BC. It was my great aunt when I was a young and now it is her son and his offspring. I am not sure that I would not have a problem getting back into the states. :eek::D

els, chryslerfan55 and warbird1 like this.
  3. Schwanke Engines

Schwanke Engines

Not true, we prefer business check and PayPal. Been sent many fake money orders over the years. In any event if it's a check of any sort it gets cashed before parts leave. I also expect this of anyone we do business with.

Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

els likes this.
  4. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

I think they use that stuff for wrinkles up there

els likes this.
  5. Some of what you say is true Beaner, but it only applies to immigrating, not visiting. Anyone is welcome to visit for up to 3 months without a visa, if they have a valid passport, no criminal record and enough money to support themselves while in the country. Over 3 months requires a visitors visa, obtained at any Canadian consulate, or a work permit. People with health issues, that require treatment are of course treated otherwise. We love blue collar, they have worked hard for what they have and are not expecting a free ride.:D

6. No man is an island Beaner, but as an island dweller myself I can appreciate your apprehension to travel to the great white north.

els likes this.
  7. patterg2003

patterg2003

Porknbeaner. When I was in the oil patch there were welders, fitters and other trades working in the large maintenance events. Skilled trades these days are probably as welcome as anyone. I worked with some good guys from Louisiana & Texas that reappeared year after year. A few were pressure vessel & piping QA/QC from the deep south who enjoyed the warm moderate summers in Alberta and went home where their winters are better. Good blue collar gents.
    Visiting Canada is probably easier than going states side. I have been going south for decades and find now that it takes some patience with the US border crossing.

els and warbird1 like this.
  8. A Boner

A Boner

Four pages and one post from Edmonton.....seems pretty lame to me. Canada has snowflakes too?

els and da34guy like this.
  9. Cures snow blindness.

els and Max Gearhead like this.
  10. A Boner

A Boner

Maybe someone from Edmonton who is chomping at the bit to help out here, could take the initiative to make a call or two with the purpose of obtaining some basic information for 33highboy on how to proceed.

els and WTF really like this.
  11. els likes this.
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Whats there to say that hasn't been said already.
    Said Steve should PM OP and straighten matter out which seems to be a no go. He should also chime in here and clear it up...
    This type of activity has no borders. He dug his own hole and knows it.
    It is unfortunate.
    My monetary experiences here have been most positive worldwide.
    I am always sorry to see this happen and resolution can be quite costly and not cost effective and affects trust within our not overly large membership. People here who are proven to have done wrong should at a minimum be removed as members permanently.
    Unfortunately that brings no closure to those who have not received their goods or services.
    My lack of response or others should not put us on negative ground. Anybody here with morals and ethics have distaste for this regardless of response.
    Up this way there is small claims court which is the only legal avenue to go thru to resolve issues like described here and flogging a dead horse comes to mind as that would no doubt cost more than what was lost. Sad irony.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  13. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I continue to be amazed at the comments that keep popping up here.
    From the sidelines with no idea what is really going on.
    I went to see Steve in person.
    Knocked on his door, told him who I was and asked how he was doing.
    He's a victim of the current economic climate in Alberta.
    I told him that he should come on and explain his situation and try to make things right.

Get the parts shipped.

I also told him that I wouldn't post anything and give him a chance to do the right thing.

That was some time ago and nothing has happened.

I'm not about to get involved like a cop or anything like that.

I really get a kick out of all the keyboard tough guys suggestions.

I approached Steve like a concerned fellow car guy but that doesn't seem to have worked.

That's about the extent of my efforts on this.

So much for the criticism about no one from Edmonton trying to help out or posting :p :D

els, oj, Jugornot and 27 others like this.
  14. Budget36

Budget36

I'd say it's official, the guy is a scum bag, those that got ripped off with him, need to handle it in your own way.

As I said earlier, I'd have to spend the effort-time and $- to knock on his door if it was me...not to to go renegade, but to have the man that screwed me over, tell me why he did/is doing it, to my face.

els, chryslerfan55 and 5window like this.
  15. 5window

5window

I am assuming you mean you cash the check and wait for it to clear before the parts leave? Nothing wrong with that. I have heard of Western Union,etc money orders being counterfeit, but I have not heard of an issues with US Postal Money Orders? Perhaps I need to regroup.

els likes this.
  16. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Blue One, thanks for chiming in and clarifying a couple of things and for being such a stand up guy trying to help a distant fellow Rodder. From what you said, it sounds as though the seller still has the parts, but is too broke to ship them? (If that's the case, at least he didn't resell them to another party). He should have contacted the buyer and explained his situation rather than mute up. As you stated, he's a "victim of the economic climate". I don't wish financial hardship on anyone, however, the buyers are now the victims of his economic climate. He has their $ and their parts.
    We don't know what parts are to be shipped (and therefore the cost), but 33 highboy mentioned in a previous post that several buyers have not seen the parts they paid for. Perhaps the seller can sell a couple of parts to raise some cash for shipping? Or utilize a local HAMBer as a liaison to at least take possession of the parts until the buyers work out a means ($) to have the parts shipped or even relayed home.
    If I was out $1065 that I'd paid for parts (and probably shipping), I'd rather pony up shipping costs to get the parts rather than eat the whole deal.

els, turboroadster and lothiandon1940 like this.
  17. Budget36

Budget36

Good point, but the old saying "throwing good money after bad...",comes to mind.

Now, if another person were to get the pats, and I was into things for a grand, I would send the other person the money to ship them, plus something on top, but surely wouldn't send the person in question another dime and expect a thing.

els, 5window, slowmotion and 3 others like this.
  18. pontman

pontman

So no word on this scum bag? The puke should be paranoid? I bought an engine from a guy here on the HAMB. He was from Ohio and I got scared before sending out the payment. My deal ended well. Sorry to hear about this one going bad.

els likes this.
  19. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Yep, that's what I stated. Someone as a local liaison to take (safe) possession of the parts until the buyer can work out a way to retrieve (ship) them.

els likes this.
  20. I guess he can come back and start another account....:D
    Hardluck Steve,
    Hopeless Steve,
    hellbound Steve.....
    Or, hemorrhoid Steve.

Come on Steve, I'll bet you still read this thread. Man the Fuck up, and do the right thing. :)

els, oj, Jugornot and 5 others like this.
  21. .....................Hope he's not using this excuse 'cause it really doesn't fly.:mad:

22. I hate seeing things like this and don't like to comment because I don't know the whole situation but some thing doesn't stack up. How much to ship the said parts? I bet the OP would like to contribute a bit more to help get them sent as that what he wants at the end of the day, but I fell the parts have been sold more than once.. and that is not a good thing. To be caught in an economic situation doesn't fly either as a small part of the total out lay is for freight so I would say from what I have read that this is basically theft. I hope it gets resolved. JW

els, Jugornot and tb33anda3rd like this.
  23. kasselyn29

kasselyn29

Yah its theft and classic scam trying to get more money for shipping WTF I mean give us a break already! A lot of pieces of crap out there add him to the list.

els likes this.
  24. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

I don't know what the parts are as far as weight goes or the cost of shipping but if you go back over there and get them I'll send you $50 towards the shipping cost just to get this problem resolved. Let me know....

els, kiwijeff, Jugornot and 6 others like this.
  25. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sad state of affairs. Doing right is so fuckin easy.

els, kiwijeff, Stogy and 11 others like this.
  26. kasselyn29

kasselyn29

Hell ill throw in a $50 if the parts are retrieved and proof shown they are shipped, never going to happen. Should send the police over if we know where he lives.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    els likes this.
  27. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

^^^^^^^^^^^X2 on the police.

els likes this.
  28. I provided the OP with the Police information here in Edmonton and he called and was told they will not get involved which is not very surprising given it's an internet deal gone wrong.

Stogy and Blue One like this.
  29. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

30. ken bogren

ken bogren

It seems odd that the local police won't get involved for an amount this large. You'd think that in todays digital world they'd have a plan/program/policy in place to handle such things.

Maybe these links are worth looking at:
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/scams-fraudes/index-eng.htm

http://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/reportincident-signalerincident/index-eng.htm

els, 48fordnut and dirty old man like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.