Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Houston Area HAMBERS, check in.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan Hay, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Got the OK from Ryan to post this. Let us know you're ok, if you evacuated etc. I realize power and internet is probably down. But if you happen to pop on, give us a holler here.

If you need a place to crash, we've got a spare bedroom in Fort Worth.. I'm sure other hambers in Texas can help out too..

As always, myself and the rest of the CrossMembers CC is praying for y'all. If I had a boat, I'd be on my way down right now!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  2. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got lucky here ...im in 77070 ...light flooding ...the worst I've seen in my lifetime...sad sad to see ...there's going to be a lot of work in Houston for sure....

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Doing fine. Being able to get to work is a blessing. The news is depressing, so I rarely watch it. I also think the media preys on peoples suffering, but there's no need to get political on this site.

4. Mark Roby

Mark Roby

I'm here in Tomball Texas. Lots of water around us and roads closed so getting out is not a good option. We are blessed to be high and dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luckythirteenagogo and Dan Hay like this.

5. Stay safe over there,you got more coming.

lothiandon1940, Dan Hay and Mark Roby like this.
  6. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Best wishes to you all!

lothiandon1940, Dan Hay and Mark Roby like this.
  7. Glad to hear it. Anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

8. Pinstripe Bob

Pinstripe Bob

No power for three days. We've been lucky not to have any water in the house yet. I don't post on here much I'm usually just looking for parts or info. I've lived here since 1973 and have never seen it this bad. We've had helicopters flying over us and boats cruising past our street rescuing people. The creek at the end of my street is past the 500 year flood plain. Say a prayer for Texas HAMB members, plenty of people here need it.

Bob in Friendswood

9. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

You're in our thoughts guys. Wishing you all the best through this.

Mark Roby likes this.
  10. Praying Bob.

Mark Roby likes this.
  11. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's a pic of my cross street , can't get there yet,,,our condo was just renovated...total fubar ,,,,

Attached Files:

12. Oh man! Praying.

13. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Keep safe guys and gals.Prayers sent.
    Leo

14. classicdreamer

classicdreamer
    from nyc
    1. A-D Truckers

Feel bad for you guys. Stay strong

Mark Roby likes this.
  15. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Please stay as safe as you can. I am thinking of you all. Geoff aka whodaky

16. Thinking of all of you guys and stay safe..

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  17. miky2001

miky2001
    from houston

Still dry in Santa Fe. Im very lucky, many neighbors are flooded.

18. classicdreamer

classicdreamer
    from nyc
    1. A-D Truckers

I know it's not car related but I have some clothes from my 3yr olds that I would like to send to someone in tx. I will cover all expenses. Please reach out to me

19. Mark Roby

Mark Roby

[​IMG]

A beautiful sight in Houston

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  20. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Safe here on the north side of Lake Conroe. South of the lake sucks because they are dumping water out uf the dam at record levels. Houston is way worse. I don't own a boat or I might be helping. Our thanks to all citizen volunteers especially the Texas Volunteer Navy and the Cajun Navy. They have saved multitudes.

21. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

I have a brother near Jersey Village he somehow managed to stay somewhat dry has a couple neighbors and their pets staying with him now waiting for the waters to subside. In for a long wait! Joe

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  22. Gman0046

Gman0046

Mark Roby, did Ma Goodsons flood?

23. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well , our condo did flood in Spring...amazing...Steubner Airline and Cypresswwod...never happened since it was built in 1978....

24. Mark Roby

Mark Roby

I do not believe that it did. I'll check on it tomorrow. Gotta check Mel's out too!!

Gman0046 likes this.
  25. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There's going to be a lot of used cars hit the market in the next few months. Let the buyers beware. Way too many crooks out there. I've call my friends and they are ok.

26. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

Was mentioned on a newscast I heard earlier that the number of vehicles that were under water was estimated to be well over 100,000.

Looks like buyer beware time.

27. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Those vehicles usually get shipped out of that area. That bargain deal on a late model five states away three months from now might not be a bargain deal.
    Stay safe down there. I was thinking a few minutes ago that it should be a law in those flood prone areas that there are marks on light poles and under bridges that show what the water depth might be. I know up between Ryan's place an my Sister in law who lives on Divide pass with a Blanco address there are a couple of marked low water crossings with depth gauges on them. That might keep some of those folks from driving off into water that is far deeper than it looks.

28. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

May God shine his face upon the southern residents of the Lone Star state and bring you relief.

29. Mark Roby

Mark Roby

It's not a law that I know of, but in Houston, the underpasses etc that tend to flood are clearly marked as to depth. You can't imagine if you haven't seen it, but it has been raining and people are in their cars, stuck in traffic and everything is fine. 10 minutes later the underpass is filling up fast and people have to abandon their car and start scrambling up the hill. I've also seen people drive around barricades and into high water. (Can't fix stupid). It's pretty crazy

30. I can't imagine what ya'll are going through. Hoping every one comes through this OK.