Register now to get rid of these ads!

Al chrome rip off thieves

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tbauer, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Bumper Boyz were at Back to the 50's , saw plenty of people in their booth as i walked by...i can't believe that there still are people who have not heard of them

2. 1928Fordman

1928Fordman

The "Bumper Boys" semi trailer is here at the Iola swap meet.

3. tbauer

tbauer

still no returned phone call or parts.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. choppedtudor

choppedtudor

5. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

Hmmm. Notice they don't have dates for the Pomona or Long Beach Swap Meets? They probably don't want to deal "customer service" for SoCal guys if things go wrong.

6. czuch az

czuch az

Hummph,,musta burned all the West of the Mississippi customers already.

7. Gman0046

Gman0046

I have to tell you, about 12-15 years ago I bought 46 Ford bumper guards while at a show and was able to inspect them prior to purchase. They held up just fine. Then again not a high dollar purchase. If I couldn't inspect anything prior to purchase, I'd pass on BB. Too many horror stories about not getting your cores back and inferior plating.

Gary

8. 5window

5window

I forwarded this thread to the management at Iola-let's see how they care.

9. damn! them dudes have a full schedule!

10. lowlinc

lowlinc

Buddy was at BTT50's and he said it looked too shady. Ended up going with new Repro's fron Danchuk for his 55,

11. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

If they ran a clean business with good return customers they would be controlling the market and making a fortune. It's a shame they Suck.

turboroadster likes this.
  12. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

LISTEN UP FELLAS...

AL CHROME IS NOT BUMPER BOYZ!!!!

Completely different companies. Both are crappy but AL Chrome are out and out THIEVES!!!

They change thier business name every other year or so.

They used to be called UNITED PLATING and had two other names previous to that one. I had a rather lengthy thread on here about them a few years ago.

Please look up the thread. I think it was titled "UNITED PLATING DO NOT USE". That thread will have as much information as I and a friend of mine could dig up about the THIEVES named Juan Tremino and David or Dave Tremino.

STEER CLEAR OF AL CHROME AND JUAN TREMINO AND DAVE TREMINO!!!!

13. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

14. How come tese guys never got theyr ears pulled up to the ceiling?

15. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

This is the problem with these "Do Not Use" threads sometimes......good people get mixed up with the crooks. Folks need to make sure who they are talking about before they start slinging mud and piling on. Just sayin'........

16. Bumper boyz are still shady. Easy mistake to assume they were the same dudes!

17. fuzzface

fuzzface

I've been out of the game and/or swap meets the last few years because of financial reasons but anyways the way I understand it when it happened a few years ago is that juan and david don't even owned a chrome shop and uses just a po box address and when they did actually have chroming done, they actually used the bumper boys. that would explain the similarities between their finished results seeing the both came from the same source and I tend to believe this seeing Juan's address at one time was less then 20 miles from the bumper boys chroming shop. So I can see why some got it mixed up and think they are the same guys. Technically the same platers doing the work but different players seeking out us pawns at the swap meets.

18. wondered where the "Bumper Boyz"were at the Texas "Pate Swap" Meet in April....guess they burned that bridge....or state...

19. WoodyII

WoodyII

ABC Chrome now as of August 2017 in Reno at Hot August nights I feel like a turkey for giving this man cash and a core Received a couple of e-mails saying he will send my bumper... Ha ha I would like to know where he may be going on the west coast I filed a police report and so did The swap meet people. I will keep it and if I ever see him face to face I will call police there, Maybe they will arrest him. Hard to believe he has gotten away with this so far and has not been caught by some guy with a big stick.... I am curious where he gets the bumpers hae has for so long?? obvious he has somewhere or someone that actually does some work? Some wrote her that they actually followed him to a manufactured home and the guy gave him his money back?? Maybe he should share that address with the local police Happy cruising.... See my WoodyII at SEMA in 2017

20. jazz1

jazz1

I can see people getting ripped off but what I don't understand is giving vendor cash on top of parts. That should be a heads up to even the most naive of folks. I recall reading of Bumper Boys 6 years ago and they were at BTTF's that summer fleecing the crowds.

21. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

An old post on a revived thread that needs some input. In regards to Chrome Tony. He is known to me and I personally have patronized his plating pantry for plenty of years.

Chrome Tony is good people, capiche?.

22. A Boner

A Boner

Will a sharp ice pick penetrate a semi tire or better yet a bunch of semi tires?

23. donno

donno

I recently found a local for plating, polishing, powder coat. Had 2 damaged "spears" for the rear quarter of a 57 Star Chief, they look great and the price was fair. Now to see how long they last. If any one is interested I will supply name / number on request.

24. jamesgs4

jamesgs4
    from denver

yeah, but it might kill you if it blows out.

25. manyolcars

manyolcars

I recently saw a video of a guy who ice-picked a big truck tire. Its a very real explosion. Dont do it

26. fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Bumper Boyz will be at the Moultrie swap meet in November. They have been at this event for many years as have I. I have never had any dealings with them other than asking general questions about price and availability. I have my chrome work done by a shop in Dallas, Ga. Fair prices and good work keeps me as their customer.