Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The 2017 H.A.M.B. Drags... End Of An Era...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:(I missed Mick and Soncho

loudbang and Sancho like this.
  2. silverdome

silverdome

loudbang likes this.
  3. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

@Ryan if you heard davids story of the trip down you be even happier lol. Very hamb worthy trip indeed ;)
    Not being able to shift gears or steer the car for periods of time weren't going to stop him!

IMG_8778.JPG

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Ryan, you along with your Family and all of the supporters that helped pull this event off with class should be very proud - 25 years sounds like a good goal to me.

loudbang and badvolvo like this.
  5. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^^^^ Another 10-years ? Yeah, I just might have mine done by then ! :D

loudbang and badvolvo like this.
  6. Ryan, so glad to hear you are keeping it going! My heart skipped a beat when I saw "End of an Era". Getting to make a couple passes in my heap this year was more than I can describe. Thank you to you and yours for an event that I look forward to every year, almost as soon as the previous year is over. Go Man Go!!!

7. Well damn man ya skert me. I was afraid that I was stuck with this damned old trophy and while I do enjoy the yearly drink from the cup it probably isn't a good idea to drink out of it on a regular basis. :D

I didn't take a a pic one, I quit doing that years ago. I do keep them in my head if you can figure out how to download them you are welcome to them all including the negatives. Its starting to get a little crowded up there. ;)

I never find time to thank everyone I am sure that they know but if not you can tell 'em for me. Here's to at least another 5 good years. If I live that long.

oldsjoe, triman62, loudbang and 5 others like this.
  8. And at least 5 more chances for someone to bring you some Pearl!

loudbang and Tim like this.
  9. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Another great HAMB Drags has come and gone. Thank you @Ryan + crew and @ryno for all you guys do to make this happen each year. I know there is a lot of selfless/thankless time involved.

The highlight for me was seeing my buddy @jho running his (newly) supercharged FE Ford-powered Model A Coupe down the track. He thrashed to get the engine together, back in the car, tuned and made the 700+ mile roundtrip, made a few passes, ran FAST, and all mostly trouble-free! First pass was 11.38 @ 125 and later a 131 mph pass. 10s for sure next year!

I had hoped to walk the pits and visit with more people at the track, but the heat/sun really got to me and we had to head back to the hotel earlier than usual. (Seems I can't handle it like I used to; most likely due to the Crohn's medication I'm on.)

Thanks again --- such a fun weekend!

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I honestly think this was the hottest hamb drags ever... I mean, it was hot the first year but this year was crazy.

Ohh... and @jho 's car was only matched by his new capris...

loudbang, ryno, Brandi and 6 others like this.
  11. raven

raven

That vid rocks...
    r

flatheadpete and loudbang like this.
  12. Would have liked it if someone captured it trying to make it to the big end. When he gets it worked out that is going to be one to match.

@Ryan you aren't just kiddin about it being hot, after we drank about a gallon of white liquor and ate ice cream I was toast and just went and crawled in the sack. Most years I am up 'til the madrugada at the very least. ;)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    oldsjoe and loudbang like this.
  13. badvolvo

badvolvo

Ryan, The HAMB must continue, we all love it and will chip in where needed to keep her going! Put her on a GO MAN GO shirt, the one I have is getting rough!
    HAMB2017.jpeg

14. raven

raven

Thanks Ryan for going for it in the first place and for keeping it going this long. Here's to as many more years as you can stand...us...
    Oh, the pin-up of Kevin is some funny shit. I saved that pic... for his wife.
    r

15. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Thanks everybody that helps put this on ! My car ain't very fast but I will continue to drive it 400+ miles there, beat on it and drive back home with my BMX bike strapped on the back. It's one of my favorite events of the year! Thanks again!

16. I knew I'd get my truck in a picture if I parked next to @El Jefe's bitchin rig! :) Thanks again for a good time!

Fern 54, loudbang, BLAKE and 3 others like this.
  17. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

As it's only 15 mins away I've been going the last 5 yrs and it's always a blast. All the different cars, styles and people make it a great event.

The best part, me & the girlfriend were sitting towards the big end and I decided to walk around and see a bunch of my friends that had been running to see how the cars were doing. After an hour or so I made it back to her somewhat expecting her to be upset but instead she had a big grin on her face. As I walked up someone clicked off a 9.74 I believe, she was grinning and said " man! They're fast!" I said yes they are, then a car ran a 8.71 I believe, then she really lite up grinning.

She has been coming with me for 3 yrs and this is the first time I ever seen her excited, who knew all I needed to do was take her to the big end! I guess it's all about your perspective and she apparently found one she liked ;)

Soooo.... Ryan you can't stop now!!

18. My Buddy Robert Parent from Baton Rouge LA won Comp Roadster. ( He is 74 )

IMG_0495.JPG

19. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Nick - (Malcolm) you ran well man.

BTW this video you posted of your buddy Holland's car sounded exactly like the 4:00 am Sunday morning burn out at the Hotel......

[/QUOTE]

oldsjoe, triman62, loudbang and 9 others like this.
  20. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Glad to hear you plan on keeping it going......I have been talking about what to do for next year.
    Thanks for all the hard work for us to come play.

loudbang and Okie Pete like this.
  21. oldcargary

oldcargary
    from devore, Ca

Looks like a blast, may make the long trip from socal next year.....

loudbang likes this.
  22. Enjoyed it again this year watching some great drag racing and hanging out with friends. Realizing there were several folks I didn't run into the more posts I see.

Thanks for starting it and keeping it going Ryan and thanks to everyone behind the scenes that makes it happen!

23. Welp, if you're gonna stick with it, so am I. Saturday night in the parking lot I made a big, noisy proclamation that I'll be there next year with my coupe. I plan to make good on it so I'm happy the HAMB drags will happen next year. Jeff, [flamedabone] also said he'd have his new 34 coupe done and at the drags.

AHotRod, loudbang, Okie Pete and 3 others like this.
  24. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Two Pontiac powered 34's? Why don't you just save some money and race snails? Lol ;)

loudbang and raven like this.
  25. Damn I wish I had heard that. :D

loudbang likes this.
  26. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Lol we were all standing together

loudbang likes this.
  27. Well I was a little tired? o_O:eek::D

loudbang likes this.
  28. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh no you didn't......

Rocky, I proclaimed I would have my '40 coupe finished for next year, not the new '34. Sorry. But, the '40 is Pontiac powered and will be pretty nasty.

[​IMG]

-Abone

AHotRod, oldsjoe, swade41 and 8 others like this.
  29. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Outstanding. Thanks Ryan and crew for another weekend of memories. Nice talking with you. Go Man Go!

30. pumpman

pumpman

Good to hear us old farts will still have a place to go standing around with our hands in our pockets looking down at the engines. Thanks Ryan!

Okie Pete likes this.