Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The 2017 H.A.M.B. Drags... End Of An Era...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

The 2017 H.A.M.B. Drags... End Of An Era...

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  2. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Never been although every year I think about going. I look at the pics and It looks like a blast.
    Thanks for starting it and thanks to those who attend and take the pics.
    If you can go for 20 perhaps it's time I got off the snide and got there in person.

Saxman and loudbang like this.
  3. flamingokid

flamingokid

Thank you for continuing the tradition :)

loudbang likes this.
  4. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpg It was my first time to go and watch the drags . My Wife and I had a blast and plan on returning to watch again. Also it was a maiden long road trip for our 57 Fairlane . It made the 4 hour trip there and back home with out any hiccups . A Great Big Thank You to Ryan and your crew of helpers .

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  6. Can't stop until I make the almost 6000km round trip one year, the Fargo is almost together so could be soon....I already told my wife, no fucking way I was showing up in the minivan!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Okie Pete and loudbang like this.
  7. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

This shot says it all !! Another great time with all our pals. There is some serious shit on that track too. Blake thanks for all your help and the pics look great. DSC6851-Edit-Edit-X3.jpg

8. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Man am I happy to hear that.

That you had fun! That you will return to race! And that the show will go on!

I went a little bit into further detail in the 46' build thread but this was the first year I finally got to drive something old to the drags and the very first road trip for my dad in his very first old car. He drove ten hours one way and had a blast!

Here are some random photos since you asked for them~ looks like my wifi went out so this is all I got for ya.

Check out @travisfromkansas coverage of Saturday at Royboyproductions.com every day this week for way better shots :) IMG_8881.JPG IMG_8886.JPG IMG_8887.JPG IMG_8888.JPG IMG_8894.JPG IMG_8900.JPG IMG_8901.JPG IMG_8903.JPG IMG_8908.JPG IMG_8912.JPG IMG_8913.JPG IMG_8914.JPG IMG_8918.JPG IMG_8925.JPG IMG_8775.JPG IMG_8788.JPG IMG_8798.JPG

9. lukescoupe

lukescoupe
    from oklahoma

Had a dam good time can't wait till next year.

loudbang likes this.
  10. Tim, Sancho and loudbang like this.
  11. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

Life is to short to work all the time.

12. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Thank you for another great year. Brother and I have been to all of them. Glad you plan to keep it going.

Okie Pete, guthriesmith and loudbang like this.
  13. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

14. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

Does this mean you will get that 38 done finally?

15. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ryan, It sure would be nice to see that old black coupe of yours that used to be real fast...been a long time...

-Abone.

16. Primered Forever

Primered Forever
    from Joplin,MO

I would sure hate to see HAMB Drags come to a close! I'm glad that you and your team are in for a few more years!

3dnsouth and loudbang like this.
  17. @Ryan You knowingly allowed your photo to be taken?

You have changed!

loudbang likes this.
  18. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

OK, who is the guy that owns the little yellow roadster in this pic:

[​IMG]

Kevin, Dan, and I were at the front gate fighting off the angered entitled from unrightfully parking in the pits when he pulled up. I loved the car so much, that I was like - "You can park wherever the hell you want. Don't care. This car rules. And because of that, you can go wherever you want and do whatever the hell you want."

He then replied that his daughter and wife were in the modern car behind him.

Again. I was like, "Don't care. They are part of the package and that car gets y'all anywhere."

He then zoomed off towards the spec gate with the modern car following. He took them to the spec side, stuffed them both in the roadster, and then came back to the pit side. It was the most considerate action I saw all weekend... and that dude is the perfect HAMB drags attendee. No shit. I would have given him a huge ass trophy if I would have had one. Seriously. Guy rules. If you know him, please tell him.

Also... Anyone have pictures of the '59 Corvette that won the Stock Car class? That was my favorite HAMB Drags car in a long time... It was just perfect.

Bugguts, Avgas, 48fordnut and 12 others like this.
  19. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Dude. Where did you go? I actually went looking for you at one point in the day to bullshit with you and never found you.

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  20. I met him at the LaQuinta Friday night, nice guy. He was really jazzed about being able to drive his roadster down to the hotel/drags. Check with Tim, he came down with him ('46) and his dad (Lincoln).

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    oldsjoe, guthriesmith and flatout51 like this.
  21. flatout51

flatout51

That would be me sir. Thank you for the kind words about my little roadster! And thank you and everyone involved in putting on the HAMB Drags! I didn't want her modern car in the pits! We had a blast and will definitely be back every year! My favorite part was my son screaming at the top of his lungs "GO MAN GO!!"

Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Saxman, Bugguts, oldsjoe and 21 others like this.
  22. Made quite a few laps through...
    Talked the longest with @straykatkustoms ......
    In fact we were standing next to your booth when you jumped on the cart to ride down to get Steve at the far end. Wanted to talk to you too, truck search, how you've been doing, etc.....

loudbang likes this.
  23. [​IMG]

24. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Hell, I didn't see @straykatkustoms at all! WTF? I was even looking for him too...

That's it. That car is perfect.

mad mikey, guthriesmith and loudbang like this.
  25. NoSurf

NoSurf

Tell me more about this flathead Ford class...

You, me, hiboy32 and boy named Blue....

26. flatout51

flatout51

guthriesmith, loudbang and Sancho like this.
  27. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Ryan I missed visiting with ya. I looked for ya a couple of times but I figured you were busy. I could only spend a couple of hours at the Drags and the time flew by to fast. Hope to see ya sometime later this year.. Thanks for hosting such a kool event, glad to see it will still be going on for a while.

28. https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/thank-you.1074039/#post-12188858

loudbang and Stogy like this.