Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Car guys RULE!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Early Ironman, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

Took my daily driven 41 Ford pickup to the grocery store. As I was walking to the door another car guy pulled in with his 41 Ford coupe.
    We talked for a few minutes. He had a 41 license plate on his car. Asked me if I wanted one. Said I had been thinking about getting one for my pickup.
    He swung by my place a couple days later and gave me this plate. I got it registered for all of $44.00 for life!
    Car guys rule![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app
    Feel free to hi-jack this thread with your awesome experience!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  2. That's cool. HRP

els and Early Ironman like this.
  3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Yes, they really do!

4. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

Good for you!

5. TVC

TVC

Just one plate? What if someone puts the OTHER plate on their car? Seems more than sketchy, could lead to a lot of problems here.

els likes this.
  6. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

I checked on that. I checked to see if it was already registered. It was not.
    If someone tries to register it's mate. They can't, because it is tied to me and my truck now.
    In Washington state you are only required to display one vintage plate on the back of your vehicle.
    So I did do my due diligence and all is good!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

7. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

I love doing things like that. Many times friends have done the same for me as well. I would rather see something get used and loved rather than sitting with my junk collecting dust. My dad used to have restorers from the antique club looking for a specific model A part and when they came over 9 time out of 10 he would just give the part to whoever. I still do that if I can. just the other day a friend liked the oil can and holder on the firewall of my 14 buick. nxt week I saw him again and gave him a spare holder and can I had hanging around. You would have thought I gave him $100 bucks. Pay it forward as they say!!

8. Many states issued a single plate,South Carolina is one. HRP

9. mohead1

mohead1

Very cool, i finally found one for my 30 Coupe a while back....i display it at gatherings but had already registered it as an antique w life time tags

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

10. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

Kansas has the same system, you can run a year of manufacture tag if it is in good condition. They put it in the system and no one else can use the same tag #. Run them on all my old cars.

Bruce Fischer, els and Early Ironman like this.
  11. els

els

I refuse to toot my own horn, BUT, this thread has tons of CAR GUYS THAT RULE. This is what we do for fellow car guys. I was leaving a car show late at night. and saw a classic car on the side of the road pissing fuel from engine area. Pulled over and opened hood. fuel pump line leaking. Sunday night late and raining I got it to my shop and made the repair. and made a friend forever. He evened offered to pay. If you get stuck in northern Az, I will take care of CAR GUYS THAT RULE.

Hombre, RockinRivi, Clay Belt and 5 others like this.
  12. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

Thank you for sharing your story!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

els and Bruce Fischer like this.
  13. mohead1

mohead1

excellent

14. So is East T.N. Bruce.

15. mohead1

mohead1

A little, but not that much, a couple of days a year is about it

els likes this.
  16. Gman0046

Gman0046

IMG_0805.JPG Kentucky has to be the best state for YOM tags. No charge and you do not have to notify the state DMV what the numbers are on the YOM tag you are using. Two different cars could conceivably could run the same number YOM tag from a time when two tags were issued for one car. Not sure that was ever the case in Kentucky. The only YOM stipulation is you have to have the current state issued tag in the vehicle your running the YOM tag on.
    Several rodders from Louisville who I know, were instrumental in getting the current YOM regulations passed through the State Legislature.
    I've been running YOM tags for years and have never had a hiccup.
    ApparentlyKentucky Law Enforcement has more important issues to deal with then worrying about YOM tags. For once common sense applies.

Gary

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  17. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Alabama had two plates for many years, most of the front ones had the word FRONT on them, so it would be impossible to run one of those on the rear. We can run YOM plates IF the number sequence isn't already in use, which is always a possibility since they used the same numbering system for years, two people could have tags with the same number sequence but from different years, but only the first one to register his would be allowed to use it. They only require the rear one, even if originally there were two issued.

I've got a 47 Al plate for mine, bought it from a local guy, it was nailed on the side of a chicken coop for years! Other than two nail holes, it's sound, but I've got to repaint it. I already had one that I bought off of eBay, but this one has the correct county number prefix on it, 32-. Got to get it painted up and go to the courthouse and make sure the number is valid, I figure it is, then it will go on the rear in place of the Vintage Vehicle tag on it now.

els likes this.
  18. 028.JPG H.A.M.B.E.R.s are GREAT people! Any time I ever had to pull off the road when something went wrong with one of my old cars here. With in minutes some would pull over and ask if they could help.Bruce.

els, Early Ironman and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  19. In Maryland you NEED both tags, but in the war years they only issued one tag so only one is required for those years.
    Funny thing is, in '45 they started to stamp two tags then decided to just issue one and re-stamped the other tag a different number. I have one that has been stamped twice.

els likes this.