Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who's still thrashing for the HAMB drags?

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by silverdome, Aug 16, 2017.

1. silverdome

silverdome

My best laid plans are cutting it to the end. I'm in the midst of installing a new windshield because Andy Bernbaums didn't clue me in that the windshield would ship in 2 or more weeks after I ordered it then lied to me along the way about its shipment.

The good news is, besides my trailer it's the last thing I have to do.

2. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Never fails. The night before we leave and even morning of, I'm going over and prepping my car for the trip and racing.

3. badvolvo

badvolvo

Fighting carburetor woes for a week now. I expect I will be fighting with it Saturday as well. Looks like decent weather with no rain. I still need trailer work as well, time to upgrade.

4. silverdome

silverdome

Got my trailer issues fixed and my windshield installed now just load it up tomorrow and head to Joplin. Just talked to my brother and he's good to go from Warrensburg, Mo. also. It's gonna be fun.

5. Although I'm not racing my banger, I have been busting my ass trying to get it ready to go. Always something that has to break or not work at the last minute. Drove it out of my shop about 5:00 pm last night and, hopefully, will be leaving Clarksville with in the next hour

. 91.JPG

Doctorterry and Tim like this.
  6. Crab

Crab
    from Tulsa, OK

It was good visiting with you Friday night. Nice "A"

7. Crab

Crab
    from Tulsa, OK

8. You too, Crab. Very nice pictures, Thank you...

9. Well, here it is - another year. After shooting my mouth off at the '17 HAMB drags, saying I'd DEFINITELY have my 34 coupe ready for the '18 drags, I've been thrashing madly. My brother, Jangleguy will be flying out from Oregon to help with the last 6 weeks of the thrash to get the car ready. Then, he'll ride with me in the coupe down to Joplin for a massive weekend! It's gonna be awesome!
    34reassembly2.jpg

554coupe, BenD, curbspeed and 3 others like this.
  10. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have faith in you, I know you can do it. I'll have a fresh Diet DrPepper waiting on you.

-Abone.

Tim likes this.
  11. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Sounds like Rocky’s been making steady progress.

My buddy @Austin kays down the street is thrashing to get his A sedan together enough for at least some parking lot fun. He’s getting close! E7C92F71-880A-49AF-8732-3B84DFA63087.jpeg
    And because everything looks cooler with old slicks on it... 04C4472D-D28E-4C36-9D80-05FFBA096B26.jpeg

Nick32vic and Austin kays like this.
  12. Austin kays

Austin kays

oh yeah rad and front skinnys on the way. Then a little brake stuff and a few wires. we are gonna cut it close!!!

Nick32vic and Tim like this.
  13. raven

raven

Nick32vic and Tim like this.
  14. Took the 34 out on it's initiation run this afternoon....leaks oil and exhaust but runs and drives...plus it's all legal with plates, registration, insurance. Took it to a little cruise before it got dark...no headlights installed yet. Goin road racing with my son and my brother this week and weekend so I won't be able to finish it up 'till next week.

Nick32vic, Malcolm and Tim like this.
  15. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

No video? What a tease ;)

16. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I just got the hemi outta machine shop jail now to get it put together and running should have the short block together and in by tomorrow evening head gaskets won't be here till tue should have it together by wed and TNT on Waco international speedway wed evening lol then gotta load up and make the long ass drive to Joplin on fri

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Nick32vic likes this.
  17. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

We're thrashing on our new shop van! Trying to get it going for this weekend. Being a 1970 Ford Econoline van, it isn't HAMB worthy. Still, I'm super excited about it considering I haven't been to the HAMB drags since 2014 and the last time I drove something old down there was in 2007 when I had my '32 Vicky. I pick up @J.Ukrop at the STL airport on Thursday afternoon. We'll probably have to go back to the shop to finish up the van. Then, we plan to head out of St. Louis at 6 a.m. on Friday with my cousin Michael and may dad, @NickGee

Tim and Malcolm like this.
  18. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

@Nick32vic make sure to stop at Pete and jakes on the way threw. Always a bunch of hambers stretching their legs there

Nick32vic likes this.
  19. Leaving tomorrow A.M. Yeah, it leaks a little oil and it's noisy inside but WTF? It runs 34rockys.jpg

20. Rusty

Rusty