Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Jugtown Mountain Hot Rod Hustle pics.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LostBoy, Aug 15, 2017.

1. LostBoy

LostBoy

Every year I make it a point to get over to the hot rod Hustle in Asbury NJ (Jugtown Mountain). It's always a good time.

[​IMG]Heres the corvair.
    [​IMG]and here's my friends Ford.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]Strait 8s

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]If this wasn't cool enough, extra points for the ct70.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] 5.9 Cummins

[​IMG] also a Cummins

[​IMG] and then my girl told me it was time to go.

[​IMG] so we did.

Thanks for looking. I am no photographer and there were many more cars than what I shot here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. cheviac

cheviac
    from new jersey

That's my 47 Pontiac. Thanks for making it famous. STEVE

LostBoy likes this.
  3. LostBoy

LostBoy

Cool! I always get weird about posting other people's cars but the show was too good to not post these pics. I have always loved the straight 8s. Last year I saw a pair of fireballs, this year only two flatheads. Funny because it seems like the show gets bigger each year, but only a handful of the same cars. Are you local? I drive up from lower middlesex county. It's the only show I go to all year long so I really look forward to it.

4. Thanks for posting the pictures.Jug town sound real familiar I used to live in Clinton N.J. Where is jug town at?Thanks Bruce.

LostBoy likes this.
  5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

nice shots.

LostBoy likes this.
  6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

LostBoy likes this.
  7. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Jugtown was a 'moniker' for any town that you went to to get drunk. My Dad told me that.

I once asked him where 'Knuckle Town' was... Whoops... Yep. Right next to 'Fist City'!

LostBoy likes this.
  8. CADILLAC AL

CADILLAC AL
    1. oHIo

Thanks for the pics. Really dig the COE

LostBoy likes this.
  9. A lot to like here. Primarily, a show with so many original, unrestored cars. And the COE crew cab: be still my beating heart. And what can you say about the picture of the dog touching the original Corvair? Now, I know that would not and should happen with a restored car. It is just the thought that here's a show where you can touch a car without getting yelled at by someone.

LostBoy likes this.
  10. LostBoy

LostBoy

Lol well that's my dog and my corvair so it's ok. She's good around other cars. There were a few cars there especially that orange monster of a roadster that I didn't even feel comfortable looking at. The flake in that paint didn't get any justice from the pics.

That coe was a super cool truck. The inside was actually very nice. He had it setup with a bed behind the front seats. He said with the 5.9 it cruises nicely at 85mph and gets the gas mileage you would expect. Which I suspect is over 20mpg on the highway. The radiator in the front takes up the entire grill. It's probably 3.5 feet tall. It was a horizontal unit that he turned on its side. I wonder if he has a build posted anywhere. It would be cool to see what exactly went into it.

Jugtown is actually Asbury, Hunterdon county. The car club owns the 11 acres where they hold the Hustle. Live (good) music, beer and food. It's all there. Pre-64 cars and bikes. A LOT of bikes. The excluded bike parking lot is a show in itself. Everyone is friendly and it's very family oriented. A lot of kids.... just not mine. Lol he backed out last minute which is why I brought ms.thing with me.

11. cheviac

cheviac
    from new jersey

Hey LB, Yes I am local too. My wife and I live near middlesex county college in Edison. JT is one of the only really good places that we go to every year. We always have a good time there.

12. LostBoy

LostBoy

That's funny. I used to work right there. I live in EB.