Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Cruise Night Mutterings

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobss396, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Gman0046

Gman0046

The biggest car related lie I've heard is by Bullshitters who claim to have seen a young ladies Corvette that had painted on the trunk "If You Can Beat Me You Can Eat Me". Several HAMB posters are not immune and have claimed to have seen this in person on earlier posts. I guaranty this is an out right lie and a figment of someones imagination or perhaps their wishful thinking.

Gary

Slopok, Paul B and belair like this.
  2. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gary I am pretty sure that urban legend came from the movies HARDBODIES (1984). There was a girl jogging and an out of shape guy trying to keep up with her....that was her line before running off down the peer. LOL

3. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

I first heard this story in the late 60's , she supposedly took on anyone out of Skip's
    Drive In in the NW burbs of Chicago.
    Never saw her or the Vette.

Slopok and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. She was married to the goat man and lived near cry baby bridge.

Jet96, 6inarow, belair and 2 others like this.
  5. 6inarow, Paul B, mad mikey and 2 others like this.
  6. What he said..

wraymen and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. .............I actually dated a girl who lived just a quarter mile from "cry baby bridge". I was always worried that the "goatman" might show up.:eek:

mad mikey, Ron Funkhouser and wraymen like this.
  8. I hope she didn't drive a Corvette.;)
    Lottsford Rd, right? I'm betting every state had one but I think the goatman might be a Maryland thing.
    Youth, what fun we had. Summers seem to last forever.

9. The goatman was known to frequent Lottsford Rd., Fletchertown Rd. and anywhere in the Bowie, Glenn Dale, Govt. farm area of PG County.:D

wraymen likes this.
  10. MalloMike

MalloMike

I was standing behind a spectator looking at the vehicle in the picture and she said,
    "It would be better if they parked the vehicles next to ones with complimentary colors"
    So let's all try and park next to cars that make ours look better!
    IMG_4177.JPG

bobss396, Poh and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

The setting Host Hotel Parking Lot G.G. Show Columbus Ohio, well heeled couple walking the parking lot Stopped by my 50 Monarch Coupe. He say's Honey you can tell it is a Jaguar by the hood ornament.

DSCF9648.JPG DSCF9647.JPG

jimmy six, Slopok, Paul B and 3 others like this.
  12. I thought I was the only one who remembered that movie. Not car related but always remembered this line.

13. She really got around..Sighted at De-Ci's in Manchester ,Ct....or so the story goes.

14. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

We do have a young lady that circle track races around here that has "If it wasn't for me this would just be another sausage fest" across her trunk lid. Like her style.....

15. Gas Giant

Gas Giant

I once had someone at a cruise-in ask me if I knew where the gas filler was on my '56 Bel Air. As if I didn't know where to put gas in the car I had owned for years. He proceeded to tell me anyway, and I said "Good thing you showed up, otherwise I would have run out on the way home". Said it friendly, but sarcastically. Don't think he noticed.

16. Not a cruise night, I had one yesterday by my gym. The gym is in the back of a parking lot and I pass a bar to get to it. I pass the bar and some yahoo is waving his arms at me and hollering "nice car". I park in a far corner and this guy comes running up, spewing all sorts of compliments about my car... and he's shit-faced drunk and dirty. I could smell the cheap wine oozing out his pores. I realized he was harmless and spent a few minutes talking to him and he went on his way. If anyone was watching it must have been pretty funny.

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  17. Gman0046

Gman0046

I doubt I've ever taken my 56 Chevy 2 door post car to a car show where a Bubba didn't show his Bubbette how smart he was by showing her where you put the gas in.

Gary

slowmotion and mad mikey like this.
  18. Slopok

Slopok

I'm a few years younger than you Dave and by the time the story hit my age group it was a Dodge and supposedly the girl driving became Shirley Mulldowny! Like you, we never saw her or the Dodge. Didn't always have gas money to go all the way up to Skip's back then.:rolleyes:

19. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I just got one this weekend " Nicest glass body I ever seen . Who made this one ?" My answer " a company named Murray , out of Dearborn . Look them up there still maybe a few floating around "

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

20. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Great sarcasm can be wasted on the wrong people,sad but true. ;)

21. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Well I did see her here in late 60's..Dunkin Donuts next to Mac D's on the Berlin Turnpike in Newington, CT..Car was a Camaro and I did know her name at one time..

22. Irvan

Irvan

I kinda liked the guy that was looking at my 65 Corvair convertible and told me what a nice Impala SS I had.

23. 32owner

32owner

Had my Willys at a car show a few years back, the judge was checking it out for points when he was done he ask me what kind of car it was ( and he was one of the judges LOL)

Montana1 and mad mikey like this.
  24. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMG_1367.JPG After reading bunch these reminder me of a guy who asked me if he could show his buddy where the gas filler was on my 56 Ford Victoria. Sure I said and watch him push on both the right and left reflector on it's tail lights. This guy was actually getting pissed off and accusing me of having it locked. I got up out the chair I was sitting in and tilted down the license plate and this guy got more pissed at me and he buddy looked at him and started laughing. I often wonder what the rest of day was like.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  25. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

26. mike bowling

mike bowling

Guy to his friend at a cruise night " That front end will never work, the car can't be driven with it set up that way."
    then the perfect ending to a bonehead remark; "When I HAD my car" ( probably came in his wifes Toyota Corolla 4 dr.)
    How the hell did he think I got there? Sad part, his pal who obviously is a non mechanical type, keeps nodding his head and taking it all in. Camera 2-20-09 133.jpg

27. slowmotion

slowmotion

Of the chick w/sign stories..
    (Flys buzzin' around....)
    "If it's all the same to you darlin', I'll just have a burger & fries...":eek:

Bruce Fischer and chryslerfan55 like this.
  28. AmishMike

AmishMike

Have to note from the "spectator side". Looking at nice rod & ask couple technical questions of owner who proceeds to sling bunch of crap. Finally to more questions admits: "well I don't know I paid a guy to build it"

pat59 likes this.
  29. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My wife's visiting relative looked at my 37 Ford slant-back, and asked "How long have you had the PT Cruiser"

30. southerncad

southerncad

OUCH!:eek: