Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blake 27

Blake 27

My first submission on this thread. '40s Placerville.jpg 39836_410188103881_134273483881_4604661_3534819_n.jpg unnamed.jpg Placerville_in_'50s.jpg
    Placerville (Hangtown), my home town, born and raised

2. Glacier Park Montana 1956
    [​IMG]

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Get out of my wake or find another forum man. Dumbest post I've read in a while.

Steffen was banned for continually ignoring our requests to stay on topic. Posting Nazi shit, euro cars, threatening people with H.A.M.B. Police, etc... I think the dude is probably alright, but the language barrier must have been too much for us to overcome? A lot of moderators, however, think he was doing it on purpose.

Either way guys... i realize most of you are not hot rod guys and just use this thread, but please respect the rules of the forum or find another one.

I'd appreciate it.

LowKat, Andy, 61Cruiser and 18 others like this.
  4. Raceron -
    Next time through town I'll try to find that building.

loudbang and raceron1120 like this.
  5. RIGHT ON RYAN! Some of us vintage pic guys ARE hot rodders and drag racers and fans!
    RESPECT TRADITION! You are more patient than I!
    You have to FILTER out the fumes!
    [​IMG]

6. Trojan Horse

Trojan Horse

I've always loved Cobra's. The problem is I can't get myself into one any more.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    kbgreen, Bubba1955, Paul B and 2 others like this.
  7. Lil32

Lil32

"Well said"

8. loudbang

loudbang

9. loudbang

loudbang

10. hudson48

hudson48

As soon as I saw that first picture I recognized the town. We went through in 2010 on our way to Yosemite. Had lunch there.
    Neat town with lots of history. I think I read that when the hotel was built they excavated for the foundations and found enough gold to build it. True?

biggeorge, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  11. swi66

swi66

12. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

13. Bubba1955

Bubba1955

Me too..Physically or financially.

14. Bocar Stiletto

Bocar Stiletto
    from New Jersey

cool shots! I never saw either of them- and you're right, the 2nd pic is his 427 car, which he called 'Capella'...for some reason he changed his last name from Gessner to Capella

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  15. George Klass

George Klass
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

20768113_1328997337199438_8808607172646169313_n.jpg
    Lennie Kennedy's Buick. This car was a killer in C/S around SoCal. On the left is Pete Reynolds, the owner of the Buick Dealership, and on the right is Bill Trevor. Bill Trevor was a Buick Technical Instructor at the General Motors Training Center in Burbank and a passionate drag racing enthusiast. It was Trevor who suggested to Pete Reynolds that if we wanted to sponsor a car, he had the driver (Lennie "Pops" Kennedy). As the association blossomed, Trevor was the unseen wind that sailed the ship - the coordinator of talented individuals locally and an invaluable help serving as a vital link to Buick engineering in Flint. It is through Trevor that the Stage 2 Program could be field tested while complying with the corporate ban on racing. His fondness for Gran Sport coupes with four speed transmissions is legendary, as several of the specially ordered "Bill Trevor demos" have survived. Bill was a drag racer himself in his '57 Buick Century (with a Dynaflow trans) and showed the way to many NHRA stockers at local tracks, particularly at San Fernando Drag Strip. A much loved guy...

A couple of others that were instrumental in the Buick racing program. Jim Bell and Dennis Manner. Jim Bell was a drag racer in Southern California who often raced against "Pop" Kennedy, then recognizing the significance of Pop's talent, decided to team up with him instead. Jim's proposal: "I'll tune the cars, and you drive them". Their association reached a new plateau in 1968 when they formed Kenne-Bell racing, dedicated to developing high performance Buick raging engines. Still in business, the firm changed its focus to producing Mustang performance parts after Buick exited the high performance market in 1987.

Dennis Manner was a project engineer at Buick Engineering in Flint. It was his idea to develop a performance options for the new big block engines that debuted in 1967. Working in conjunction with Bill Trevor, Dennis provided experimental components to Trevor to be tested in the Reynolds cars. Dennis is the father of the Stage 1 "Fast for the Street" and Stage 2 racing engines and provided all of the prototype Stage 2 parts to Reynolds for testing. He went so far as to develop a specification sheet for a proposed Stage 2 factory drag car, but it was not approved for production as the era of high-compression was fast drawing to a close.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  16. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Dumbass...o_O:D

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.