Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Country Classic Cars Has Fire

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dan c, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Yes, that's me. I've been unable to find out if the Packard was in the shed or one of the other sheds so I'm none the wiser as to if the car survived or not. Does anybody know or is anyone able to find out? I'm not getting any replies to my emails.

Regards,

Wayne.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  2. That was the entire building... I would have imagined much worse damage due to every car having some gas in the tank.

46international likes this.
  3. sololobo

sololobo

breaks my heart, be strong brave owner

4. fuzzface

fuzzface

From just looking at the pictures and not being there personally to inspect my theory is the building got hit by lightning and the building wooden truss system got burning and the fire mostly stayed above the cars until it fell on them causing the cars roof damage, the paint and interiors to burn. the hot spot was above the cars and the cars were not the hot spot otherwise it would have been much worse with the cars being melted and warped lower body panels.

My theory might change if I was there personally or saw other pictures that might show other possible main "hot spots" that caused the fire to go up the truss system like maybe seeing the building main electrical panels or a badly warped burnt cars grouped together and or reports showing if any accelerants were used or not.

Not good at all but it could have been worse.

5. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

It was a clear sunny evening there... :rolleyes:

6. hershambob

hershambob

I remember that place being talked about on here years ago ,someone got ripped of on a 34 or similar !!

7. henry29

henry29

What year was the Packard?

8. 53

9. I have always worried about my building catching fire and collapsing in. That is why I just built a all metal pre engineered building . Even the interior finishes are all in metal sheeting just like the outside. Nothing can burn but maybe the contents . Have halon fire extinguishers every where. With me being on a well , I have a 1000 gallon water tank elevated up to the ceiling with a sprinkler system .
    I do not think anything is worse than a fire in a building .
    It is still sad to hear this.
    Vic

46international likes this.
  10. henry29

henry29

It looks like the green 48 Packard burned up, but haven't seen any pics of the 53.

[​IMG]

11. raven

raven

Looks like most of them could be salvaged.
    r

12. ah, thanks for the info. Fingers crossed it was in a different shed. Is there any way we can find out? I'm not getting any response from my emails.

£Wayne

13. oldolds

oldolds

I would give them a few weeks to get thru the e-mails. Everyone with a car there for sale probably sent 100 e-mails about their car. Then you will have every insurance company that had a car there in the fire for the next few weeks.
    I would expect him to be under insured for an event like this. So he has a lot of scrambling to do to try to make everyone happy

14. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

In one pic there's a 70's Vette that isn't burned up. So I suspect the cars at least around it could be rebuilt.

15. Good advice. I suppose patience is the order of the day.

16. They don't look too bad to me either, but that might change with closer inspection.

What about a uni-body car that gets burnt like that? I would guess the steel gets "softer"? after it gets hot like that. Could they be repaired?
    It is a shame

17. fuzzface

fuzzface

"looks like the green 48 Packard burned up, but haven't seen any pics of the 53."

Hmmm, I could use the front floor pans and the door hinges for my '48 Packard hearse. got me wondering. gonna have to watch for the insurance auction maybe? Missed the '48 Packard picture so not sure how toasted that one got.

18. fuzzface

fuzzface

"It was a clear sunny evening there... :rolleyes:"

I was hoping it wasn't a clear night to help thru off some of the suspicions or rumors flying around. Oh well, we will have to wait and see what the fire investigators come up with that actually saw it first hand.

19. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Got any pics of it? I've never seen one....

20. 296ardun

296ardun

Very sad, hope that some can be saved...but fire does bad things to metal, not to mention the flammable parts.