Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

Not a CHP car or officer. CHP vehicles have always used just one white door per side and that uniform looks like a sheriff uniform not CHP.

2. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

Thanks! I'm always interested to learn more about the old "one off" specials. There is some info on the car on Tams site but not a lot. The color shot of the Twarg is from Tams. The other shot is, I believe, of the 427 R/E car you refer to at a Riverside Can Am race.
    8-11-y.JPG 8-11-x.JPG

3. ST62

ST62

That's one way to polish your fenders!

4. indyrjc

indyrjc
    from Indiana

Notice how the families are allowed to drive right up next to docked Navy ships. I doubt if that happens today. It's just like everything else. It wasn't all that long ago that you could go to any sporting event without being frisked or run through some kind of detector. And there was no need for one because people knew how to act. Now high schools have metal detectors. I'm not sure where it will all end.

5. 19highboy32

19highboy32

6. "Hey, George....did you know that your antenna is on fire?" "Yep....yer quite welcome to light yer ceegar on it."

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  7. Ghostcruiser

Ghostcruiser
    from NE Florida

Does anyone know what happened to Steffan Jobst?

Rob

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  8. He got banned. It's too bad. I really liked his posts. Maybe there was a misunderstanding? I know he wouldn't do anything on purpose.

Andy, loudbang, HEMIDAV and 2 others like this.
  9. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I didn't like everything Steff did but enjoyed fotos that I would have never been able to see. My only beef with this topic is the "new car ads". They had it own topic which I liked but everyone seemed to put them here.....

10. I posted a few "new car ads" in it's own thread but didn't see much activity there so I gave up on it.

loudbang likes this.
  11. I got a PM from his wife. She said that he had got banned. I'm sorry to here this , as he put a lot of work into posting some great stuff on here for us. Everything will never be perfect for everyone on here. But I do hope that he can come back. She said he really likes the HAMB, and will miss it. WE, {I }will miss him too. Ron...

12. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Steff has been banned??? Crap, that is just a big-assed bummer. I really enjoyed his stuff. I sure hope that this can be worked out.

Andy, loudbang, biggeorge and 5 others like this.
  13. Ghostcruiser

Ghostcruiser
    from NE Florida

Yeah, a friend of his contacted me privately, asking if there's any way he could be reinstated.

That person said that Steffen means absolutely no harm here, and is somewhat devastated because of this. They said he promised not to repeat whatever action it was that got him banned, and I told them I'd put in a good word for him.

So, should the mods read this and decide to give him a second chance, I'm sure he'd be eternally grateful...I know we would be, because he brought some great images to this thread.

Rob

Andy, djbamber, CADILLAC AL and 10 others like this.
  14. blackrat40

blackrat40
    Member Emeritus

Grabowsky tempting fate?

15. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

16. HEMIDAV

HEMIDAV
    from FL.

Steffen contributed a lot to this thread and I enjoyed all his posts. I hope he is allowed to come back!

Andy, bedwards, seb fontana and 8 others like this.
  17. Hudsonnutt

Hudsonnutt

I heartily agree with you guys. we all make mistakes. He had GREAT posts and kept the spirit of this in motion. C',mon mods, how about another chance for Steffen???

Andy, Samj, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  18. carguy699

carguy699

I agree=reinstate Steffen!!!!!

Trojan Horse, Samj, gggholson and 4 others like this.
  19. What Ghostcruiser said x2.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. I agree too. I would stake my own reputation on him. If he gets booted again you can boot me too.

Andy, Samj, biggeorge and 1 other person like this.
  21. deucendude

deucendude
    from norcal

I also enjoyed his posts and like to see some more!

Bomb, loudbang and biggeorge like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.