Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Time again to Hype the Yah-Hoo Cup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porknbeaner, Jul 16, 2017.

1. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

you have such a nice way with words, it almost sounds like encouragement, Thanks.
    Tony

raven and loudbang like this.
  2. See? I told ya he was a sweet talker.

loudbang likes this.
  3. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Are you going to drive it the rest of the way?????? If so, that qualifies you for the Cup.....

-Abone.

loudbang likes this.
  4. He's actually off loading up here with one of us so he'll make his 150 easy.

I got an idea that if someone only drove 147 after everyone got a ride around the parking lot the car would pass. ;) We aint runnin it micrometer, we use an old bent yardstick.

5. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh boy, this could be interesting.... Racer X's car has what, maybe a high 7 in it?? A 7 second nitro Yay-Hoo Cup car would be pretty bitchn.

-Abone.

Deuced Up! and loudbang like this.
  6. jho

jho
    from Omaha

I'm in! Hopefully with a surprise but I'm still waiting or rocker arms and machine shop so it might be with the worn out 390

loudbang likes this.
  7. I was thinking 6 if he can hook up. It'll be fun to watch. Hell they're all fun to watch, I think that even an 18 second car would be fun just knowing that the fella drove it in and is not afraid to beat on it. ;)

Remember they all run real good just before they come unglued. You may get on helluva run out of that worn out motor if that's what you have to bring. :)

If it comes apart make sure its spectacular, we'll figure out how to get you home. ;)

loudbang and Speedwrench like this.
  8. silverdome

silverdome

In my avatar you'll notice my brothers '33 Plymouth. I think he's trying to break into the teens since he has been thrashing on a fresh stock built '50 Dodge motor to put in it. He says he's going to drive it in from Warrensburg, Mo.. I'll just try to keep up in my '48 original motored Plymouth. We'll be runnin' in the stock class and smiling every time we run.

loudbang likes this.
  9. You may as well sign up for the cup. You never really know who is going to win it. ;)

loudbang likes this.
  10. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

You got to love it ! Deep down, I think all racers are eternal optimists.

loudbang likes this.
  11. I always have been. I always know deep down inside that I am going to hold together and the other guy who I haven't a snowballs chance of beating is going to break, hopefully just prior to staging. LOL

loudbang and Tim like this.
  12. atch

atch

Case in point: Clarence ran 21's at the very first H.A.M.B. Drags. Got better each year. Last year my best time was 17.01. My plan was to be there next month and get into the 16's and hope for 15's. Unfortunately that will have to wait a year as family obligations will keep me away this year. Always drove there and everywhere else too. Probably got over 100K miles on the 283 that was in it and who know how many on the flathead before that and the 350 that's in it now.

As a youngster I had more than one car that required you to be in the passing lane BEFORE you punched the go pedal if you were passing a car. Otherwise you'd be eating the rear bumper of said car. I'd like to have another one of those before I die, but for now I'll just keep on beating the snot outta Clarence and (as others have said) smiling all the way.

See ya next year and for sure I'll be signed up for the cup. If everyone else breaks maybe a 16 can win it.

13. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Yeah Atch, I think I'm sitting in the stands this year so maybe next year I'll have my ducks in a row and we can see who the slowest yahoo cup competitor is lol

loudbang likes this.
  14. I would make a second cup for the slowest, but damn me if I did someone would show up with a second place car and sand bag. :D

loudbang and Sancho like this.
  15. Just a quick note fellas. Nostalgia Sid is bringing an axle for me to haul up here to a guy in Lone Jack. If he doesn't find me and you find him either capture the axle or direct him to me. OK?

@atch I have always watched ol Clarence if I could get to the fence. I can recall lots of old heaps stopping the timing clock over the years and I have watched them run too. There is an old Willys Aero ( I think) a real deal old race car that is not the fastest car on the track and I always watch him run. He's having a blast and I am all about fun. ;)

16. atch

atch

Well, as you know I won't be there this year but next year watch out! It shouldn't take a sundial to time me now with the new motor.

And wear your sunglasses when you watch me 'cause otherwise the glare from my smile might temporarily blind you.

loudbang, Sancho, Tim and 1 other person like this.
  17. silverdome

silverdome

That's it, you can call the award for the slowest time the Sun Dial Award. I wouldn't be eligible unless I drove west about 50 miles then did a u-turn to meet the mileage minimum.

loudbang likes this.
  18. I'll take a walk down the track for ya. LOL

loudbang likes this.
  19. atch

atch

save the timeslip from that; I wanna see it the next time we get together.

porknbeaner, loudbang and SR100 like this.
  20. Its back together post meltdown. See you guys there. 20161101_085923.jpg

Roadsir, enloe, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  21. :D

My last dig until after the dust settles.

Remember you have absolutely no chance of getting your name down in the annals of History unless you sign up.

I'm a south bound Zach. Look for me and the @raven in Joplin. You all drive safe.

Tim and loudbang like this.
  22. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Who won the coveted Cup?

23. Brian. Hemi coupe I believe.

loudbang likes this.
  24. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Yup drove that monster from my house to the drags and back, made an 8 second pass on nitro

loudbang likes this.
  25. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

26. Budget36

Budget36

That's just wild.

Drive a car what?..150 miles, convert it to Nitro, do an 8 second pass, put it back on gasoline, and drive it back.

Damned amazing!

RICH B, loudbang and Deuced Up! like this.