Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Flat FED build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by roseville carl, Jan 14, 2010.

1. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

whats the wheel base ? using a coupler for trans to rear end ? nice car & fun !!!!!!!!!!!

2. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Hot damn Sam! Carrying the front end a ways. Keep practicing and you'll carry it to the 60' mark.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang likes this.
  3. CGkidd

CGkidd

Carl I see you remember to turn on the camera.

loudbang likes this.
  4. We were talking about you Eric this weekend......were your ears ringing???? we miss ya at Eagle!!!!!!

loudbang likes this.
  5. And as a bonus, you get to meet the nicest people at Eagle....... DSC01550.JPG

Blues4U, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  6. loudbang

loudbang

Did I miss it somehow no thread on the HAMB from Rocky for Eagle field this year?

But the old girl looked good keeping the front wheels down so they are just skimming along.

1947knuck likes this.
  7. I think Rocky was really busy this year, biggest event yet, and great show.....!!!!!
    I know I had a blast as always.......

loudbang likes this.
  8. Thanks to Leo Lopez "One Pic at a Time" for these shots.......

18815298_1326270454075183_1558178667176087076_o.jpg 18815368_1326270354075193_6002303501464658817_o.jpg

9. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

WOW really nice shot Carl :) Have you consider tinkering with alternaive fuel ? ;)

KBS

youngrodder1929 and loudbang like this.
  10. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

last time I was at eagle field , it was a single lane . great pix &racing !

11. Yeah Carl - time to switch to a 2 port Hilborn and Alky . . . then . . . maybe just 10% pop in it! Give yourself a wild ride and probably scatter some parts for the fun of it.

PS: Bring a wheelbarrow if you start running pop in it - makes it easier to gather up all your 'good parts' after you scatter the engine! LOL

Seriously, glad you're having fun - wish I was out your way - we'd do some racing together. Take care my friend!

loudbang likes this.
  12. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

Love your thread Carl, your car has came a long way ...

loudbang likes this.
  13. youngrodder1929

youngrodder1929

What a great thread ! Very cool to follow the journey thanks so much for sharing in such detail !

loudbang likes this.
  14. Still working on the two port Dale and Kjell, still rounding up pieces but getting closer......everything in due time!!!!! however you must remember who your dealing with here, and the bucks for an alky suit have kept me from going there so far...... And yes Dale you know ya have a place to park it when you come by Sacto way.......... Hey only 61 more getups till Eagle in Oct!!!!!!

loudbang likes this.
  15. It is fantastic to hear that flattie run. Great job.

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  16. This is really neat. Years ago, I made an adapter to use a 1/4 shaft die grinder, but your idea is just what I was looking for. Consider it copied.

dinglebarry and loudbang like this.
  17. I am with you all the way on your signature. I have had stem cell (marrow) cancer for 28 years without a day in remission. It is controlled with an expensive drug, but it's doing the job. Hang in there!

18. I have read 26 pages at one go, and I am so impressed! I am bummed that forgetting gear lube caused you to toast the rear end.
    Fantastic work.

19. Carl,
    I read the whole story from beginning to end. It took two days, but it was worth every second.
    I am 74, and really appreciate that you didn't edit out the grunts and groans every time you stepped into or out of your digger. I did, however, cringe every time I saw a new nick on your fingers. You know they are not renewable, right?
    You are one fantastic innovator, designer, moulder, machinist, tool pusher, and driver, and it was a real hoot following the story of you and your buddies. Your story is an inspiration.
    I gave up playing with flatties in the 50s because it was easier to find power by bolting in a OHV.
    Keep it up, you are the best in your price range. :)
    Bob

loudbang likes this.
  20. Thanx for the kind words Bob and I'm glad you enjoyed it. They say if you live long enough everything comes back into style, guess I've lived long enough to see flatheads come back into style.........even though its tough to see the prices they are getting for stuff these days but I guess that's the price of progress. Have always loved playing with stuff that is tough to get HP out of......... besides I really get a kick out of seeing the younger generation keeping Henry smiling......

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  21. Thanks for the kind reply. I might add that I was also successful in turning my son into a gearhead. He is working on an International KB1. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your postings.

loudbang likes this.
  22. Well yesterday was a day to remember.......think they confused me with someone else........ I'm in shock Timing slip Kingdon.jpg

31hotrodguy, grapeboy, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  23. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

Since you were on a single run , if the timing equipment was working correct , you did good . Did you run more than once ? Another run would confirm . Nice digger .

loudbang likes this.
  24. Fantastic! You also cut a pretty good light.
    Bob

loudbang likes this.
  25. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Looking forward to Eagle Field and catching up on all the fun you have been having...are we there yet?

loudbang likes this.
  26. 28 more getups but whose counting anyways...........

loudbang likes this.
  27. loudbang

loudbang

Man those are some great numbers ET MPH and reaction time.

1947knuck likes this.
  28. Reaction time was way to slow but for being 72 guess that's all ya can hope for. is to even see the light........let alone remember which one to take off on.........

Stogy, j-jock, greaser and 2 others like this.