Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Cruise Night Mutterings

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobss396, Jul 26, 2017.

1. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg I'm honored to be in the Bonneville 200 MPH Club and wear my red hat and emblem shirts with pride. This also allows me to have one of the clubs license plate frames on all of my vehicles. Many times I've been told I could have never done that(my 56 restored Victoria)...well .dah...
    I wouldn't think it could be, but as you can read above by others you just never know what to expect.

mad mikey likes this.
  2. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

When you get those cars up over 100 MPH, the rear end comes off the ground.

2011_08_06_John's_59_-_tailfin_heaven.jpg 2011_08_06_John's_59_-_vintage_hood_scoop.jpg 59 at Cordova.jpg

3. [​IMG]
    Everyone local has had an encounter with this guy. He's argued with a lot of my friends about everything from Studebaker never had a 283 (65 Studey) to the emblems on my truck being on the wrong sides. I am assuming right now he is trying to figure out why this truck says "Mercury" on it.......

4. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

Torkwrench and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. southcross2631

southcross2631

Had my Falcon over at Daytona for the turkey rod run with a for sale sign in the window.
    This old fat bastard walked by and said he never saw a Falcon worth what I was asking . He was loud and obnoxious. 2013-10-10 11.57.11.jpg
    I had a fair price for the car on the sign, My wife had to restrain me from kicking his ass right there in the parking lot. The car sold soon after that. If you are going to cut someone's car down at least get out of hearing range or keep your opinion to yourself.

6. South you should of kicked his ass or said something , like you so fat you never could fit in it any way!!!!!LOL.Bruce.

7. HOT13ROD

HOT13ROD
    from florida

through the years i have heard all the stupid comments from when are you going to paint it to why did you cut it up. the worst is always from the ass holes that went out and bought a car a month before because they are retired now and their wife will let them have it now

8. I know this thread is focused specifically on the uninformed things people say at cruise nights, but "that guy" is everywhere. This hilarious video from Los Boulevardos takes it into the workplace:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    Cosmo49, deuce666, Budget36 and 7 others like this.
  9. ^^^^That's hilarious^^^^!!!!!:D

mad mikey likes this.
  10. No, it's a belt driven intake manifold. They were popular back in the 70's.
    Really?

mad mikey likes this.
  11. ROFLMAO!!!! That video fits this thread perfect. "Who's Watson?"........

mad mikey and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. BRamsey.I like that song by George Jones.LOL.Bruce.

13. DaveH_RRTX

DaveH_RRTX

"when are you going to paint it" reply "when it's done".
    "when will you finish it" reply "when I'm ready"
    "so its a Dodge? my day had one just like it except it was a ford" reply <none>

14. "What year is your '57 Chevy?"

15. upspirate

upspirate

Our first "street rod" was Shay '29 replica that we modified back in '85.
    (no shame, we drove it everyday, crosscountry,vacations and drag raced.....more than most in our club ever did).
    My ex was at an auto parts store when an older guy proceded to tell her how she ruined a classic Model A by putting mags on it.He wouldn't listen when she said it was a 1979 replica , then asked her if she knew anyone that wanted to buy an old antique car.She told him he wouldn'd sell it to our hot rodder friends 'cause they'd modify it.

He agreed then she told him we'll just wait and buy it from his estate for a song scan0002.jpg when he dies , and put a hemi in it!!! He about shit

16. We were at the monthly Cruise-in at Micky D's and Brenda & I were inside eating and a guy comes in and ask me if the primered car was mine and he caught me with a mouth full so I nodded that it was and he then said he liked it and again I nodded a thanks and took a big swig of coke to wash it down for a verbal reply.

No sooner than I was able to speak he said "where are the fenders?"

I ginned and without giving it any thought said"They got blown off by that Mustang sitting beside me" he looked funny and then laughed and said,"That's my Mustang" and I said"Yeah ,I know,I saw you pull in and thought you might get a kick out of my reply" HRP

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  17. lol, In their eyes......take away the car and its just lawn chairs and plastic trophies;)

Bugguts, czuch, RMR&C and 4 others like this.
  18. I ran steel wheels with center caps on my shortbox chevy. Wheels were painted tan and the truck was black semi gloss. One day I was at the store and the usual kids were riding their bikes around my truck commenting on it. I got the usual "When ya gonna paint it?" questions and then one of the little delinquents asked me..
    "When ya gonna put rims on it?" I almost tried to explain it actually had rims on it...nah.

19. Had my t-bucket at Home Depot a while back to pick up a few (small) items, and had an older gentleman walk up to me. Started right in with "I don't know how 'you people' get away with running those things on the street with no fenders! I worked for the DMV for XX years, and I know that ain't legal. Yuo should all be arrested. Why don't they enforce the laws around here?", etc. I just shrugged my shoulders and said "Dunno", and kept walking.

20. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

mad mikey likes this.
  21. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Was building a Track T. My boss would ask me once a week how my coupe was coming along. About once a month he would tell somebody I was building a bucket T coupe. He never did get it but he was a good boss so I let it slide.

DSCN0164.JPG DSCN0165.JPG DSCN0169.JPG
    DSCN0173.JPG

22. It's always good to let the boss be wrong.:D;)

23. With my 60 Chev Sedan Delivery, " Is that a hearse"... finally was at Goodguys in Puyallup 2017...I was talking to guy that was just in love with my 60...he had story of buying one in the early 70's... Bought it from a Funeral Home in Olympia..so I guess I'm wrong at times... LoL wa wa wa

Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

31hotrodguy likes this.
  24. A lady ask a friend of mine that was parked beside us,"Do you know your missing a hub cap?"

He fired back,"No ma'am but if you will hum a couple of bars I'll fake it!"

Sometimes wit can get lost when people lack a sense of humor,I thought his reply was hilarious but I think the lady was miffed. HRP

Bruce Fischer and mad mikey like this.
  25. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

It seems like every free "car show" or "cruise night" (where everybody's parked?) in the U.S. lately has one of these types, except, they're not pranking, they're serious!

26. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

Rule Number One : The boss is always right.

Rule Number Two : If the boss is wrong , see Rule Number One.

27. Gman0046

Gman0046

IMG_0642.JPG Probably the most ridiculous question you hear hundreds of times is "how long have you owned it"? I always reply "I bought it new".
    While just at the 2017 NSRA Nats in Louisville I had my 63 Impala a just completed nut and bolt frame of restoration and threw a for sale sign on it for 50K. Which is a lot less then whats in it. Its a super nice car with a modified 337 (327 .060 over) along with a bunch of go fast parts, 4 speed, A/C, show quality paint, all trim chrome plated and lots of other good stuff.
    Some old Douche looked at my for sale sign and says 50 THOUSAND? Like I'm an idiot for asking that much. I said "do you think thats too much"? He said "I've had three cars just like that". I said "the Fuck you've had three cars like this your full of Shit you never had a car half this nice". Thats the problem with car shows Bullshitters are everywhere.

Gary

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  28. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

Every once in while, I'll see an OT 2005-06 GTO at a cruise night. Me, being the smart-ass that I am, will mutter to my wife/friend/kid (who ever is with me at the time) --> "Nice Cobalt!..."

29. (inspiration from another thread)
    My uncle had a stock SBC that he used to rev to _,000. Every generation adds another grand to the story..We're up to 10,000 now...

mad mikey likes this.