Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods On My Butt!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blown35, Jul 30, 2017.

1. topher5150

topher5150

I remember when my when my dad bought his 40 Ford got it running and drive it home and had a motorcycle riding his ass the whole way home. He got sick of it pulled the choke and smoked the biker

2. coupe man

coupe man

Saw a good bumper sticker."If you can read this I can deploy your airbags"

3. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

I've thought of converting back up warning system into a light that flashes when cars get too close.

4. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

The switch for the line-loc.

5. gene-koning

gene-koning

I let mine roll back a bit on big hills. People tend to give me a little extra room.

If they come up behind me on a highway, I will slow down in the passing zones to let them by, if the don't take advantage of my kindness, I will drive 10 mph over in the passing zones, and about 10 under in the no passing zones for a few hills/curves. When I slow down again in passing zones, they tend to take advantage the next time. I'm old, I'm not in a hurry to go most places. Gene

Attached Files:

Bruce Fischer and henryj1951 like this.
  6. People see an old car and automatically all they think is... slow. Figure these old cars got no balls to them, until they try to slingshot past me.

7. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

These might help
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  8. I will say that while this is frustrating, they probably aren't as close to you as you think. These old cars are hard to see out of to the rear and in my 40 sedan, I could only see roofs. One time my wife pulled up behind me and I was going to jump out and ask her why she was so close, when it reality she was a good 5 feet back of the bumper. What's more crucial is the tailgaters as you drive. I always back off the gas way before the intersection, which frustrates tail-gaters and they go around me.

9. Quite a few years ago, I drove truck interstate, all over this great country. I dragged a spread axle trailer behind me with air bag suspension. It was common for drivers to wires a switch that dropped the air out of the rear axle to assist with making tighter turns. Well when I would get one of those tailgaters that I could not get rid of, I would hit the switch and dump all the air out of the rear axle and then apply the hand brake, which applies brakes to the trailer only. Well when the hand brake is applied the brake lights do not come on. Once the brake is applied there would be smoke bellowing from the rear tires locked up with no brake light. That would usually get their attention to get away from you.

I also had one of those stickers in the trailer "stand back 50 yards, not responsible for falling debris". I carried a large jar in the cab for loose pennies, I often would empty the jar out the window if you really pissed me off!!!!!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  10. Someone on here years ago was going down the the freeway in San Diego, I believe, in a shoebox Ford and had a F-250 tailgating them and lit up the flamethrowers. The truck backed off rather quickly.

11. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A guy I know has a Hudson car that was made into a truck back in the early 40's . He has a gallon tank mounted on the firewall that he fills with used engine oil . He plumbed it into the exhaust manifold . He has a knob on the dash that is connected to the valve under the tank . He opens the valve , the smoke rolls out the exhaust pipes and people back off.

12. Castor oil works as well. White smoke.

13. Blowen35. I know what your talking about. Everytime I would take my 56 buick station wagon out some A Hole would come flying up behind me to see what kind of car I was driving or try to read the sign I had in the rear window. I finally scraped the sign off. LOL. Bruce. 001 (6).JPG

hendelec likes this.
  14. Clunker. I used to have a bad temper too. But prozack has taken the edge off now a days. When that crap happens I just smile and wave. They must think ahhh its just a crazy old man. LOL. Bruce. 003.JPG

15. DAMN!!!! Bruce.

16. LOVE IT.LOL.Bruce.

17. Gene at my age{just turned 64 on the 31st} I aint in no hurry either. After being in a hurry for work the last 45 years. LOL. Bruce.

18. JrBlack.I used to do that crap too when I drove truck. Man they sure back off fast.LOL. Bruce.

19. 03GMCSonoma

03GMCSonoma

I thought I was the only one who loved to do this. It really makes my day.

clunker, Bruce Fischer and bobss396 like this.
  20. ...try pulling up to a stop sign on an incline with someone on your rear bumper with a cammed up V8 and a Muncie 4 speed,....that's always fun.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  21. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If this was already mentioned, sorry. The thing I hate as much as all the other stuff said is when they want to stare at your car. They have no notion that what's happening is they're moving toward you. Whether it's our older rods or Mrs Highlander's H3, there's indeed a notion you're slower than normal. Driving hers I had a favorite game. Knowing where the "wolf packs" were I'd slightly speed up. Here I am going just short of 80 and they're losing their mind because you won't move over a lane, and that lane's empty! They can go around but don't. So speed up, slow a little, they finally get pissed and blow by between 80 and 90, often with a horn or singlefinger salute. If timed right it happens in the radar trap zone. Did it to a guy once who was pulled over a cpl miles up. I tapped the horn and waved to em as I went by. To the moving over on ya gig as they stare, the latest generation of truck drivers are really bad. Checking your shit out in their mirror, they instictively move in your lane some, catch their error, semi trailer dancing side to side as they correct too fast. These days I'm a spoiled bitch when it comes to traffic. I live in a rural area, my shop hrs are 10-6 (after traffic :cool:), I use well groomed 2 lanes and minor acess hiway for a total of 5 miles driveway to driveway. 5 miles right to the 1/10th. After 40 years of brakelights and bobbleheads it's heaven on wheels. Not rubbing it in, just sayin...

22. Duellym

Duellym

I've seen cars be totaled in the parking lot of my high school because they all like to ride up each others ass, someone I know had his license suspended and has rearended people twice and still hasn't learned.

23. turdmagnet

turdmagnet

Seen a YouTube video we a guy fastened an old workboot to the back corner of his truck bed. People would pull up close then back of assuming the boot would be falling off at any time. Thought of doing something similar with an old thermos and a strong magnet.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

seb fontana likes this.
  24. [​IMG]

I had an OT 4X4 with a Cummins diesel modified with a lock up torque converter and 4" exhaust. I used to lock it up when idiots came too close and it would act like lugging in high gear. It would belch the most beautiful cloud of black smoke. It was hard to see what was behind me at that moment because of the thick black smoke screen it created. I could only imagine the gasping and gagging it caused to the unsuspecting tailgater. :p

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    seb fontana likes this.